• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Uuuuugh.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
Years
  • So liek, I've got this friend, who happens to be a girl. Her birthday is coming up next Saturday, and I need to decide right now. She's inviting me and a few of her other friends to her birthday, and said absolutely NO presents from any of the guys, because it's embarassing. The only other guy who is going's parents made him buy one, because they're Asians and think he's got himself a girlfriend. So now everyone going has got a present to take but me, and I can't decide; Take a present, get her annoyed at me, too, but not look bad in front of everyone, or, not take a present, but look like a complete ass. Wat do?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Get a non-embarrassing present maybe, like a gift card to a bookstore/movie store/music store. That's not embarrasing.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • just get her a present sheesh =/ get her something she likes
    its her b-day

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    Get her something from the red light district.

No but srsly.
    Just drop some cash in her wallet and call it a present.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Just get the damn present. Who cares if she said you can't buy her a present, she's not the boss of you. If my friend told me that, I'd still get him/her a present. It might just be candy though, seeing as I have no money. :3;

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    Awww, you youngsters are so naive. :) If she says she doesn't want a present, that means she'll kill you if you don't get her one, you see? Nah in all seriousness though, just get her something that isn't embarassing, it's not hard.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Awww, you youngsters are so naive. :) If she says she doesn't want a present, that means she'll kill you if you don't get her one, you see? Nah in all seriousness though, just get her something that isn't embarassing, it's not hard.
    This.

Most teenagers always say things like that, especially girls. Granted she probably does get embarrassed when a guy gets her a present, her telling you specifically that you shouldn't be getting her any presents at her birthday party just seems rather suspicious. And, like Houndoom19 said, she'd probably get really upset and mad with you if you decide not to get her a present at all. When I think of that, I just think of her trying to see if you care about her and shows some signs of wanting more than a friendship - but don't let that fill your head, as it's just me rationalizing the situation and not something you should act upon unless you feel the same way about her motives.

I think it's cute what things like that happen.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • She's inviting me and a few of her other friends to her birthday, and said absolutely NO presents from any of the guys

She said no presents from doods, so no presents from doods. Young people.

"No means no."

But if you feel you must go out and buy a present, buy a gag gift or something funny, that way you are either:

A) Being humorous and kinda making a joke about the "no presents" clause and she will accept it.

B) Not being a jerk by trying to go out and get a really nice present whilst simultaneously getting a present.

Also you spelled "like" wrong in the OP.
    :P

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Are you seriously telling us that you are having trouble deciding because you would rather be cool with the crowd than do something nice for your friend?

Get her the damn gift.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
  • Uh, I don't think I was clear on the whole "no presents" thing... To use a quote; 'do you know how upset I would be if you got one?' Also, I'm not so much worried about looking bad in front of friends than her parents.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Uh, I don't think I was clear on the whole "no presents" thing... To use a quote; 'do you know how upset I would be if you got one?' Also, I'm not so much worried about looking bad in front of friends than her parents.

If you know anyone who is going there as well, you could just make them get gifts so it isn't as embarassing. :/

Anywho, it isn't like you're going to get her a box of chocolates and a dozen red roses, so I don't think it will be that embarassing. If the worst comes, you can just lie and say your parents forced you to.

Years
  • Id get her a presant and give it to her when shes not infront of overyone so she wont get embarrised and she will stiill tell her perants you got her summit. :D

Years
  • Well, besides the fact that you should have put that info in your first post, I still think you should get her the gift. If all the other guys are getting her a present, then I don't think she was really serious.

Also, I don't know any parents that would get upset at someone for giving their daughter a birthday gift. Like everybody else said, just get her a small gift, and just play it down. If she does get upset, then she's a drama queen.

Get her the gift.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Put the present in a adorable little box with a gigantic ribbon on it :3

Back