• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where did your username come from?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    When I was about 11 or 12 I registered on a Mario fangaming site. I was, at the time, proud of my ability to complete the original super Mario bros in around 7 minutes, so "smbmaster". The 99 has no elaborate story xp

Years
  • This username is just a nickname for Samantha.

Most other places I'm shinydwebble now.
    I like shinies and I like Dwebble.
    Enough said.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It's the name of one of the members of the k-pop group Shinee, and I've always liked it. It used to be my username elsewhere too, so I used it here!

Years
  • me.

well to be more specific, my parents.

though if I can't use my name I use misnina, which is just a different way of saying miss nina

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've been all kinds of things at this point tehehe. But I seem to always end up with adventure again, ever since I first found out it was available in 2014.

Years
  • I've used Solez on practically every forum I've been on. It's Zelos - Wilder, from Tales of Symphonia - backwards.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • in like 2009, i was joining a friends small forum to mod a section and i thought i needed a username that was 'mod-like'. at the time i was trying to think of a username before joining his forum, i was playing pearl and hatched a scyther. the name sydian came to mind and, well, here we are now.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Eventually I gave in and realized Cherrim was my favourite Pokémon and now I am Cherrim.

Well, everywhere that matters anyway.

"Erica do you not use instagram because you couldn't get the username on it?" Yyyyup.

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • Well.. I forget when but it was certainly a long time ago, but I was playing this MMO called Mabinogi and I wanted a cool sounding name, so I brainstormed for about an hour and got Meyling. It sounded cute so I just kinda stuck with it. Also it reminds me of Hong Meiling from Touhou (a favorite character)

If I can't use that name, I usually call myself Mizuli. Strangely enough, it was also from brainstorming a name on Mabinogi. I was gonna be a Battle Alchemist who specialized in Water so Mizu and I added the 'li' part cuz' it sounded cute (and wasn't taken. EVERYONE uses the word Mizu).

Recently I've adopted the name Crow, but I only use it on things such as Discord, Steam, etc. because there isn't a 'username taken' system to them and I can just use whatever name I want. I like crows, but it also came from a character I made up (Prince Crow). Basically to summarize him, he's a crazy dictator of a country called Skyvania and he outlaws dumb things (like cars) to keep his people safe.
    I would explain more about all that but it's off-topic and I doubt anyone cares. :P

I go by more names but I doubt anyone would want me to go on and on. unless you do then I will edit this post i guess

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I like usernames starting with A or a, and I like space c:

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Sid is the shortened and slightly English sounding version of my name, unlike Siddh, another contraction. Also, the Sunrisers are the league team that represent us in cricket and I am a huge fan (got to meet the entire team). I also wanted it to feel like I'm rising, getting better at life. The 07, it's kinda random.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I was looking quite a while for a name I could give my main OC. Since a lot of her character is based off of the Erynie Megaera I ended up with Megan.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Nick is my nickname, and my preferred name.

My main username for many years here was Patchisou Yutohru. It came from four things:
    1. At the time, people here seemed to have aliases using full names.
    2. I wanted a name that had a similar flow and close enough syllables to Hiroshi Sotomura .
    3. MSN Plus was created by a guy who went by the name Patchou.
    4. Tohru came from Tohru Honda from Fruits Baskets.
    5. From there, it was just adding some more letters to make it similar to Hiroshi Sotomura.
    6. So I split Patchou into Patchisou because it had the same syllables as Hiroshi.
    7. Didn't quite get 4 syllables for last name, because when I added Yu in front of it, I really liked how it sounded.

Patch-eee-sue You-toh-roo is how I pronounced it.

Back