• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Option 2.
I'd much rather wait a bit longer for the second island then just the first island.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Speaking of trading, why on earth was it removed?
FireRed automatically has a fully functional link room..
You don't have to go out of your way to get it to work.

Shiny Gold wasn't ever finished from what I saw, but you could still trade and it worked 100% flawlessly.

I only play Pokemon games with a friend (two emulators open on the same screen so we play through together) and trading is a must.

I was going to play this with her but it'll just be a waste if we can't trade.
:(

If you removed it because multiplayer doesn't work well with Pokemon games then you removed it for the wrong reason.
Multiplayer works without the tiniest problem if you use version 1.72 of VBAL. Any newer versions won't work but if you use 1.72 then it functions as if you were using a link cable rather than the wireless adapter and doesn't have any trouble hooking up.

It was removed because I used the multi choice boxes else where in the hack, not only that but around the time of beta 1.1 I decided to only support VBA, not flash carts or vba link. There was also another reason as to why i removed it which i forget now. And for the record its still removed. Trading and battling can be done from the PCC in goldenrod. Also all the rooms for each of the upstairs have been removed and would need to be remade (including the new PC tiles for those doors and other parts) so i would need to go out of my way a bit to get them back.

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
Also I've read and caught a vibe that people want more progress story wise on this beta otherwise its dejavu from 2 years ago to some extent. So heres the question what do you prefer:

1. I can mark a release for around august if things go well and it includes the whole 1st island.
2. I can work on it longer and maybe squeeze a snippet of the 2nd island as well or even the full island depends whats happening.

So you can tell me what number you want either 1 or 2, or 3 if you have any suggestions.

Link

I think we've waiting long enough for something playable, I say option one. Playing through the game can help make the time between the next release a bit less painful.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'd say option 2.
We've waited what ... 2 years for a new release. There's no reason why we can't wait longer.

linkandzelda

Years
Ah, alright. Understandable. Thanks for not being mean :) since I may have come off a such.

Might I ask how the PCC works? If there's one place to trade then that's great.

But like I was saying about emulators, does PCC use the wireless adapter system in VBAL 1.8 or can you use a standard link cable system like in 1.72?

I'd test it out myself but I would have to get up to GoldenRod.

One other question. How does this differ from Shiny Gold? From what I saw after playing, it looks extremely similar. Is this a continued version of it?

The PCC will auto detect whether the cable is plugged in or if its the wireless adapter. Then you will be asked to chose if you want to trade or battle. Simple as that.

And this is similar to SG because they are both remakes of the same game, therefore have mostly similar scripts as per the original GSC. The differences are that mine is based on Crystal so it has a few different events than Gold/Silver. I've added a new team and 2 new rivals which integrate into the GSC story as well with the odd few other extras here and there.

But this is not a continuation of SG.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Guys, just a heads up, may post the gym leader sprites tonight. I have still only done one. but should be able to do 7 more Johto one's by tonight, then Kanto ones very soon. :)

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jun 6, 2023
The PCC will auto detect whether the cable is plugged in or if its the wireless adapter. Then you will be asked to chose if you want to trade or battle. Simple as that.

And this is similar to SG because they are both remakes of the same game, therefore have mostly similar scripts as per the original GSC. The differences are that mine is based on Crystal so it has a few different events than Gold/Silver. I've added a new team and 2 new rivals which integrate into the GSC story as well with the odd few other extras here and there.

But this is not a continuation of SG.
Okay. Sounds great!

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
you said you went on to shiny gold?

What? I said I was going to be a used car salesman in a seagull outfit. If you're referring to a year ago, I was going to finish Shiny Gold if zel hadn't returned. I think he still has plans for the hack. Either way, I do have those sprites to do tonight. May even use some sprites from Pokésho (which are amazing) if I get lazy.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
What? I said I was going to be a used car salesman in a seagull outfit. If you're referring to a year ago, I was going to finish Shiny Gold if zel hadn't returned. I think he still has plans for the hack. Either way, I do have those sprites to do tonight. May even use some sprites from Pokésho (which are amazing) if I get lazy.

Its been so long since I looked at some Pokesho sprites that I forgot all about them. Either way you go, Im sure they will look great!

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
move pools

hey hacks great, i played through 2.1 a couple times over the years and was thrilled when this thread opened up. Anyways i've been paying attention to the thread and im not sure this question has been asked or answered (sorry if it has) are the move pools authentic to crystal or are they gen. III or are there some of the newer moves that don't exist until gen 4 and 5?

thanks

iwelshykid

Welshy
Years
Option 2.

I understand you want our opinion and stuff because we've been waiting a while, but it's your hack, and I think you should decide whenever it's good for release. I'd rather wait for something that's been ironed out better, vs. something that isn't.

linkandzelda

Years
hey hacks great, i played through 2.1 a couple times over the years and was thrilled when this thread opened up. Anyways i've been paying attention to the thread and im not sure this question has been asked or answered (sorry if it has) are the move pools authentic to crystal or are they gen. III or are there some of the newer moves that don't exist until gen 4 and 5?

thanks

The moves are exactly (learnt) as they come on gen 3.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I vote on option 1. I've been on these forums for over 3 years now waiting just for this one release.

According to your join date you haven't even been here a year?

I vote option 2 ... wait o_O Have I already voted.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Right guys, I'll post the sprites tomorrow. I have a headache and only managed to finish half of them :(. I'll post more stuff soon.

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2023
I'm okay with option 2.
Eager as I am to play, I don't mind waiting longer for the additional content.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 24, 2015
im for option 1 its been so long since i played itl be brand new for me and that way the next update with the changes will be new too :)

every1 should donate to support the hack....just saying....i have....its a great hack...

Last edited:
Back