• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This website is not secure

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • How do you usually feel when you see the "not secure" symbol in the address bar. I feel a little uncomfortable seeing that? But that's me.

Years
    • Seen today
    Ignore, because i'm blissfully ignorant and have no idea what it means.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I don't put any sensitive information in 99% of websites I browse anyway.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    A lot of the time it just ends up being some older websites that still use HTTP instead of HTTPS. At some point the browser developers all kinda went paranoia mode and started displaying these messages whenever something without the S pops up. That doesn't mean the HTTP websites are more dangerous. Especially those that don't require any type of authentication. It just means that under certain circumstances someone could take advantage of them not being HTTPS. The messages really are just meant for all those people on the internet who don't know how the internet works.

Years
  • I sometimes download resources for photoshop and almost every single person makes you go through ad.fly to get the link and it's so annoying. It opens up tabs, starts random downloads and even tried that shit today but chrome blocked it.
    They need to realize that these sites fill your pc with adware and malware, I've told a few and they still do it.

Years
  • Ignore, because i'm blissfully ignorant and have no idea what it means.
    Picture this: if you type your password as p@$$w0Rd, it will go through packets as "p@$$w0Rd" on an insecure website (http). If you typed your password in on a secure website (https), it will travel through the packets as something gibberish.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • btw the reason I made this thread is because I recently learned that my connection to Neopets (I just wanted to look at it for a quick second) is "not secure", and now I'm having second thoughts logging in there ever again.

Years
  • btw the reason I made this thread is because I recently learned that my connection to Neopets (I just wanted to look at it for a quick second) is "not secure", and now I'm having second thoughts logging in there ever again.
    Apparently Neopets itself has never used SSL to begin with, so I'm not sure how that invalid certificate is even there (when you try to go to https). Probably just their webserver running the site on ports 80 and 443 simultaneously.

Just another staple of them holding on until the last minute something happens (like how they held out with flash until the last minute).

Back