• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen PokeTransfer!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So in these games we had to use a PokeTransfer machine (technically used on the other game, but still) to transfer Pokemon from fourth generation to the fifth. This meant playing a shooting Pokeballs minigame at the Pokemon to capture them, which could be time consuming.

- Do you like B/W's method of migrating? Is it easier than third > fourth?
- What's your highest score?
- How would you change this if you could?

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS GOGO.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I never tried it since I don't own 2 DS. But once I'm getting my 3DS, I'm definitely going to try this one out. I hope they still have the migration system with Gen VI.

Years
I have used the Poke Transfer a lot in my Black version so I could collect several previous gen Pokemon that could only be obtained via said method. Thankfully I like to hoard my brother's old DS Lite since he hardly uses it anymore.

I was a little bit disappointed at the minigame though, sometimes I ended up not catching all the Pokemon within the time limit and having to try again so I could get them all transferred.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
No, altho I have two DS's, I only have White, so yeaaaaa, nope for me, but if I EVER get then chance to use it, I think I'll use it, it's handier imo

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I haven't used it yet but that sounds more fun than the Gen IV's method but ya it could be time consuming and i think the previous Gen's method was easier.

Years
I only have the one DS, so I never had the opportunity to use it. Granted, I'm not sure how they would've implemented it otherwise (limited cross-gen GTS?), but even then, I would have preferred the Pal Park to that mini-game in Gen 5.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
Do you like B/W's method of migrating? Is it easier than third > fourth?
It's not more easier, but it is more creative and fun.
What's your highest score?
I don't remember, but I do remember me smiling when I saw it.
How would you change this if you could?
I would make it a bit more simpler to catch Pokémon.

Back