• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
y'all see that girl who unintentionally played the entire game in hard mode

Years
her...... reactions.... lmao. what a mood!! i would be so mad. i remember that being one of the first shrines i did. i kinda wanna replay botw from the start.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I started doing that in Master Mode recently. Haven't had too much trouble but ofc I've been.... avoiding enemies and haven't done any of the Divine Beasts so um. I'll come back when I actually do some fighting in that mode lol. I would replay on normal mode tbh but I really don't wanna delete my other file and I can't use another account unless I don't wanna do the DLC (but I do so).

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Never played BotW(no switch) but from what I've seen of it, its Windwaker on Steroids, HGH and other forms of PED's. Like seriously all the Korok Seeds.... all 900 of them. You only need roughly half of them to get all inventory upgrades and your reward for finding them all? SMH worthy. Taking pictures of everything is also SMH worthy. At least doing all 120 Shrines yields something viable although not having 3 full Stamina orbs with 30 Heart Containers(20 not enough?) does rub me the wrong way(OCD perhaps?)

I should give the game a go at my friend's place though. Probably would say f&& it after about 15 minutes and go back to older games like OoT.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Anyone been playing Apex Legends? It is quite fun!

Years
I haven't touched BoTW a whole lot. I've heard the DLC makes the game a lot more fun, but I'm kinda done with it, in all honesty. I feel like the game for me is more searching for shrines and just killing Guardians for fun than anything else. :x

pkmin3033

I'd almost rather play Skyward Sword than BotW again. Almost.

It's been so long since we had a good Zelda game...

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Never played the game but watching online videos, it looks to be very repetitive. Objective of each Shrine is the same thing, although the difficulty varies from Shrine to Shrine. Collecting Korok Seeds is tedious as is the Picture Collection with the rewards for both being an abject disgrace. Objective in each Divine Beast is the same as well. Its certainly a change from past Zelda Titles but I think they went a tad bit overboard on it. I then watch Majora's Mask and the puzzles for that are far more complicated than anything BotW had to offer(at least to me). Even OoT was harder(Water Temple specifically).

DLC content, while a challenge per se, makes the Master Sword twice as powerful and reduces the downtime on Champion effects by 50%. If there is an upside to DLC content is that they delve into the background of each Champion more. Mipha x Link popularity skyrocketed, particularly after seeing young Sidon. Still prefer Ruto x Link(Mipha even bases her decision to pursue Link after Ruto).

Last edited:

pkmin3033

The shrines of BotW didn't bother me (except the two gyro-controlled puzzles, those can fuck right off) but how badly designed the rest of the game was did. I mean, there is literally nothing to do outside of those shrines and the four dungeons, and the world is ridiculously huge and utterly empty. The weapon durability system was exceptionally bad to the point that it actively discouraged combat unless it was absolutely necessary, the lack of music was unforgiveable, and honestly I got very bored with it. You're supposed to actually put something in the open world. As it was, it was just a lot of pointless scenery running from one shrine to the next, making it a lot of unnecessary space.

Honestly, if it didn't have the "Zelda" logo attached to it, I expect it would have been slammed by critics, and most people who played it. Brand recognition often gets Nintendo a free pass, though.

Years
I actually liked weapon durability, and never had an issue finding plenty of weapons~ I would love a more traditional Zelda game with stories & dungeons in a BOTW-sized Hyrule.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
idk i had fun just running around the world and doing nothing in particular. i mean that's been mostly what i've been doing in master mode anyways mmnnn. and even though i haven't fought a lot i haven't had trouble finding weapons either so i agree with tyler there.

Years
idk i had fun just running around the world and doing nothing in particular. i mean that's been mostly what i've been doing in master mode anyways mmnnn. and even though i haven't fought a lot i haven't had trouble finding weapons either so i agree with tyler there.

yeah i love how BIG hyrule is in BOTW. The initial exploration was great, and I'd love to see a region that big in a future Pokemon title.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
yeah i love how BIG hyrule is in BOTW. The initial exploration was great, and I'd love to see a region that big in a future Pokemon title.

Being that big though meant that it took forever to get from Point A to Point B on foot. Paragliding and Horses were almost mandatory in BotW while in OoT or MM, you could get by without Epona unless she was absolutely necessary(like Big Poe Hunting in OoT for example). Exploring is nice and all but it has its limits.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Honestly i think its to each their own. Some people loved it. Some people hated it. I happened to be one that loved it.

Years
quick question: has anyone here played Dust: an Elysian Tale, yet? I've seen clips of gameplay here and there and it honestly looks super fun! i'm not big into metroidvanias but I might give this one a shot. :o

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
Oh! I have! It was an.... interesting game, to say the least. Animation took some getting used to, but it was one of the first PS4 games I played & finished.

Years
It looks interesting but I've always been put off by the furry element.

yeah that is what's giving me a bit of pause, too. I mean, if I get it, it's likely gonna be for the gameplay and the cool attacks Dust can pull off while ignoring the furry elements of the game.

Oh! I have! It was an.... interesting game, to say the least. Animation took some getting used to, but it was one of the first PS4 games I played & finished.

... Interesting in what way? xD

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
My XBOX One has busted on me. May it rest in piece.

Back