• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

Years
  • My XBOX One has busted on me. May it rest in piece.

rest in piece, sweet princess. now watch and cry from heaven as your owner ditches you for a PC huuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Friends I am stuck on a naming theme for my Disgaea crew, I've done cheeses and I'm currently on flowers, what should they be named after next????

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    rest in piece, sweet princess. now watch and cry from heaven as your owner ditches you for a PC huuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Friends I am stuck on a naming theme for my Disgaea crew, I've done cheeses and I'm currently on flowers, what should they be named after next????

idk how silly do you want this name theme to be. you can always go for another food theme like fruits or vegetables. or idk types of cars (honda, toyota, etc). types of trees, colours, weapons ....

Years
  • idk how silly do you want this name theme to be. you can always go for another food theme like fruits or vegetables. or idk types of cars (honda, toyota, etc). types of trees, colours, weapons ....

Considering cheeses was my first choice, I'm literally happy with anything at this point in time, I quite like the idea of fruit so I'm going to go with that, thank you! I will post to let y'all know what I came up with :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    ngl naming things after fruit is like my favorite thing to do so i'm looking forward to it!!!

Years
  • Disgaea roll call, we have the following attendees:

Strawberry
    Mango
    Tomato
    Watermelon
    Lychee
    Peach
    Lemon
    Guava

The rest are all story characters so cannot change their names, alas.

Years
  • If anyone plays modded minecraft still I have a small personal server up for skyfactory 3. Just tell me a little bit about yourself if you want to join! :0

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Might take you up on that when I get that Minecraft itch again! Didn't know about fossils either, it's been a while (and a few updates) since I last played.

Years
  • Might take you up on that when I get that Minecraft itch again! Didn't know about fossils either, it's been a while (and a few updates) since I last played.

We might be changing the server to something else eventually as we've almost exhausted skyfactory, but it'll still be easily available modpacks through the twitch launcher! The next one on the list is a bunch of magic mods!

Because the modpacks use older version I didn't know about fossils either. :0 I knew they have foxes and bad villagers now!

Years
  • Friendly reminder that Devil May Cry 5 is very soon.

I can't wait to see how they martyr off REDACTED

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I have never seen the appeal of the DMC series. I've played all of them asides from the reboot that everyone says is terrible, and I just don't get it. I think it's probably because I only played the originals last year, and DMC4 earlier this year, and...well, they haven't held up particularly well, gameplay-wise. Maybe I just missed the moment; it's been pretty common for me when I've played older games that everyone raves about being amazing.

That said, I may give DMC5 a chance when it drops in price sufficiently. I get the feeling that with current gen combat it'll be a lot more enjoyable than the older games were for me.

pkmin3033

I didn't like Nioh or Bloodborne so I will probably pass on Sekiro, which basically looks like a fusion of the two...although if the stealth element of the gameplay is a viable alternative to combat - like in Dishonored, where you could go the whole game without being seen or killing anyone - I might be interested in it when it drops in price enough. Maaaaybe.

My PS4 is starting to gather dust with the lack of exclusives that look appealing to me, and every multi-platform game immediately being bought for Switch. RIP.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I was planning on playing through lots of backlog this year as there isn't actually much new stuff I want on release. Sekiro will be the first new one of the year, then the Kingdom Hearts Story So Far comes out at the end of the month in Britannia. Judgement/not Yakuza in the summer, although that might not be happening now because cocaine.

Haven't played anything in months.

pkmin3033

After that whole cocaine thing, I honestly don't think we'll get Judgment...or, if we do, it'll be English dubbed only. Which I would be absolutely fine with, but I fully expect Sega to use the "it'll cost too much" excuse to not bother with it. Which would be a shame, because it looks pretty interesting. I suppose they could always hire another voice actor to record over the guy's lines and patch it in, though.

I'm very bored right now, because the things I want to play aren't out yet. I might grab the Chocobo Mystery Dungeon game on the Switch in a couple of days to tide me over, though.

Years
  • They use the actors faces so I highly doubt that would happen. Our best hope is they smell the money and release it in the west knowing that we expect our actors to be high most of the time. Considering they changed Tanimura's actor for the ps4 release of Yakuza 4 based on allegations I'm not hopeful though.

pkmin3033

Aaah yeah, I'd forgotten they'd used the guy's face as well...that takes patching him out right off the table. Given how strongly against illegal drug usage Japan is, it seems pretty unlikely we'll see it over here even though Western sensibilities are...not as extreme as that. If we DO get it despite all this, I'd be amazed if we got the Japanese voice acting at the very least. I wonder if they could alter his appearance enough so that it wouldn't look like him via patching? Pretty sure visuals have been improved/changed in patches in other games in the past.

...yeah, not going to hold my breath for this one.

Back