• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Rules & Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
So, wait... I can't do this kind of thing anymore?:
Making it so it fits to screen kind of thing, I mean?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
How is mine? Not really sure how to check the number of pixels etc...

Waaay too wide in text (over 1000px). Press enter after "Challenge" in the blue text and make the green text one size smaller and you should be fine.

I guess I should check if my signature is still good to use.

It's all good.

So, wait... I can't do this kind of thing anymore?:
Making it so it fits to screen kind of thing, I mean?

Nope. :x

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Spoilers were removed because they got annoying to some and made it hard to check if a signature was within the limits or not. Even if it was in a spoiler tag, that did not exclude it from the limits. Right now, yours is actually 202 pixels too high.

we count the images separately, right? because I am not getting 502 pixels of height here.

How exactly are the pixels counted?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
we count the images separately, right? because I am not getting 502 pixels of height here.

How exactly are the pixels counted?

Right click the image, click properties, or view image info, whatever gives you the size in your browser. Just get all their measurements, then add them together and that's the total image pixels. Your signature issue is the text+images, though. Just press prtscn, or any other screenshot program and paste it into an image editing program. Just select the area of your signature and check your total size from there.
/complicated

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
edit: Details about text within signatures have been recently altered by the way.
O_o;
Now, I'm a bit confused as well. Can a staff member please check my signature as well?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
O_o;
Now, I'm a bit confused as well. Can a staff member please check my signature as well?

Yours is fine~

(the only thing being edited was total image+text size, aka 530px x 350px to 600px x 400px).

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
The use of CSS in signatures cannot be used to bypass the latter limit either. A staff member has the right to disable your signature if they feel you are using CSS to bypass the 500 × 300 limit. In addition to the aforementioned rules, there are further rules in which you must abide by; you will find these rules listed below.
Too complicated and confusing for me. Does that mean you can't have a 500 by 300 image as the base for CSS if you put a 499 by 299 image/text on top of it? Also, does my current siggy abide by the new rules? I don't want it in those orange tags again on November 25th.

Stratos99

Banned
Years
When you say 500x300 can that work either way? Like 500 tall 300 long, and vice versa? or does it only apply to one specific way?

This community has got to have the most rules I've ever seen about signatures, lol.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Okay, I edited my sig. Can you check if it's good now, and how much space I have over/under? Thanks.

Too tall, your text contributes also.

Too complicated and confusing for me.
Does that mean you can't have a 500 by 300 image as the base for CSS if you put a 499 by 299 image/text on top of it?
Also, does my current siggy abide by the new rules? I don't want it in those orange tags again on November 25th.

Yes it does. 500x300 can be a base for CSS if the CSS is on top of the image. It's also too tall, text attributes to the height.

Links to fics are still okay, right?

Perfectly fine

When you say 500x300 can that work either way? Like 500 tall 300 long, and vice versa? or does it only apply to one specific way?

This community has got to have the most rules I've ever seen about signatures, lol.

Wide then height. So 500px wide and 300px in height.

It's due to the size really, got to keep things tidy when you have so many active members.

Edit:

I advise any and all members using firefox to download MeasureIt as you can then measure your signature.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Just checking if mine is okay. : 0
The image is 500x300... Can I still add the text like it's now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back