• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looks VS Personality...which is most important?

Which matters most in a BF/GF?

• Looks.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Personality. (type of person they are, ect.)

Votes: 13 92.9%

• Total voters

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
Years
Okay when some one talks about their boyfreind or girlifreind or about some one they hve a crush on the first words out of their mouth are usually 'oh, hes so hot!' or 'she's so cute!'

lots of people like some one based mainly on how they look. people judge other on how hot or cute or whatever their boyfreind/girlfreind is. But what about the persons personality? is it really fair to like some oe only for how they look?

My boyfreind is the sweetest guy i have ever known. i couldnt care if he grew horns and a tail, i would like him the same.

and yet, so many people disregard personality and nature of a person in favour of looks. so, what do u think matters most? wouls you rather a hot person whois a jerk or an ungly, but nice person. okay soi its great to have both, but im not asking that, i want to hear what u all think...which matters most, looks or personality...and why?

Last edited:

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
Years
Oh, man by far personallity is the most importent thing! i mean at my school all the "hot" girls are going out with jocks and "popular" people, but i could care less about them! but yeah, trust me being beutiful is not the way to look for a BF/GF!

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
You know most people will say personality simply because it is the "cool" answer. ;p

Soph

Years
well im hoping people will be honest here. honesty is the best policy and to have a good discussion we need HONEST opinion!

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Kairi said:
You know most people will say personality simply because it is the "cool" answer. ;p
Lol, that's true, but I'm going to be honest...

I think looks matter, but personality is what keeps a relationship together. If you've noticed, a lot of famous couples that everyone thought looked 'sooooo cute' together, usually are the ones that end up breaking up? If someone I liked was being rude to me or anyone that I cared about, then they'd be off my list faster than they could apologize. o_O; I'm not one to tolerate being taken advantage of. So.. to answer your question, personality is the most important to me. ^_^ Welp, I bet none of that made sense. *shrugs*

Soph

Years
Kayleigh said:
Lol, that's true, but I'm going to be honest...

I think looks matter, but personality is what keeps a relationship together. If you've noticed, a lot of famous couples that everyone thought looked 'sooooo cute' together, usually are the ones that end up breaking up? If someone I liked was being rude to me or anyone that I cared about, then they'd be off my list faster than they could apologize. o_O; I'm not one to tolerate being taken advantage of. So.. to answer your question, personality is the most important to me. ^_^ Welp, I bet none of that made sense. *shrugs*

it made sense! yes...you know i should have also had category for popularity level too, a lot of people like some one cos they are popular! i didnt think of that one.

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
If I was an smod I'd add that option. Andy can do it later though. ^_^;

Soph

Years
okies il get him to do that. lets continue the dicussion before we get offtopic about mods, lol. ^_^

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Well, see the thing is...

If I said "It's looks, I would not even consider a guy who was not hot" Would you not think less of me?

That's why personality gets more votes. o.o;

Soph

Years
i suppose but you could say you 'woulnt like an ugly guy' so it dont sound so bad....i just hope people ar honest...how about we make a rule no one is allowed to be nasty to anyone about their opinion or thir post gets deleted taht way people can express opinoons without any fear of people opposing them. or being thought less of!

[edit] besides voting is anonymous isnt it? they can vote and not comment, at least then we get the statistics.

Last edited:

Hazuki-san

Doesn't exist
Years
I think its the inside that counts. Some people just can't help the way they look. And you may never know what a beautiful person is like, he/she could be sweet on the outside and poison on the inside

Years
I can't say I would only go for looks but I can say I wouldn't go out with an ugly girl with a great personality. I need both, so it's double or nothing.

Sturm

Kurokoneko
Years
I think good looking isn't very important...if you are going loving someone...better pay attention first to see other personality first...if you think his/her personality is suit you then you can love with him/her...me? I prefer...kind and cute...the age doesn't matter...>_<

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Looks , well Both .

Think about it , You have A Nice Looking Girl But she's Shallow , Dippy. But then you have a not so looking nice girl , she's sweet and kind and has a personality.

Both ~~ Theres Lots of Nice Looking Smart Gurls in Tan House.

Years
I don't really get people with their, "Personality is all you need" becuase then you might as well go for people the same gender as you with a great personality.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
looks by far...

think of it like this: we've all heard the phrase "Come for the ___, but stay for the ___." To relate to this topic, I would fill in the blanks with "looks" and "personality", respectively. it is the physical beauty of a person that attracts you to her/him, then you want to take the time to get to know thwm a bit, then you decide whether or not you truly like them...

Back