• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The first Pokemon you caught is ......

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Guys what was your first Pokemon ever you caught in FR/LG ? my first was Pidgey and how did i caught it ? -

after beating my rival from Prof. Oak's lab i was thinking what to do. Then i just take a little step forward and get in the Grass. After some minute i encountered a Pidgey but that time i didn't had a Pokeball so i take a run after delivering the Box to Oak then i returned to grass and again encountered a Pidgey i take Pidgey's HP to yellow with my Charmander then throwed a Pokeball first time it fleed then again i throwed a Pokeball then i caught it. I took it to the league but it fainted in a battle with Lance later.

Years
I have no idea. I got that game in 2004-ish, had it for a few months before losing it, then found it again in 2007 and restarted right away. All I remember from that file is naming my Trainer "Ketchum", walking through Mt. Moon, and being in Celadon City with three or four badges.

Years
Pikachu <3 ever since I was really little in blue version I would always go straight to viridian forest and search til i found one XD and i did the same exact thing when leaf green came out lol

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
On my FR, I waited till I saw a nidoran male or mankey. I think I caught a nidoran male the first time I played it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
LG: Caught a Weedle at Viridian Forest, because I didn't want a Rattata or a Pidgey on my team till later on.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Probably a Rattata when I played FireRed for the very first time. I like Rattata more than Pidgey, so I was thinking of catching it before the bird to use it on my team.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
Years
FR, it had to have been Pidgey. I bet you 2/3 FR/LG players end up catching Pidgey the first time, and maybe not like to admit it. (Pidgey is rather dull by any standards, no reason to consider it, by that same token, it's a classic Bird pokemon, so never any disrespect from me.)

May have reached the Elite 4 w/ Pidgeot on one occasion, but, honestly, I can't remember when. Odds are, it was 2008.

Years
Much like a few others, Pidgey was the first Pokemon that I caught in FireRed, as least as far as I can remember. I even gave it the super-creative nickname Piji, which later turned into Pijiot as it evolved. If I were to look back at my hall of fame in FireRed, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if Pijiot were one of my 2 highest leveled Pokemon.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Pidgey. I always get him first because I need a Flying type.

Much like a few others, Pidgey was the first Pokemon that I caught in FireRed, as least as far as I can remember. I even gave it the super-creative nickname Piji, which later turned into Pijiot as it evolved. If I were to look back at my hall of fame in FireRed, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if Pijiot were one of my 2 highest leveled Pokemon.

I think it was an Mankey that I caught first in LG

LG: Caught a Weedle at Viridian Forest, because I didn't want a Rattata or a Pidgey on my team till later on.

Probably a Rattata when I played FireRed for the very first time. I like Rattata more than Pidgey, so I was thinking of catching it before the bird to use it on my team.

FR, it had to have been Pidgey. I bet you 2/3 FR/LG players end up catching Pidgey the first time, and maybe not like to admit it. (Pidgey is rather dull by any standards, no reason to consider it, by that same token, it's a classic Bird pokemon, so never any disrespect from me.)

May have reached the Elite 4 w/ Pidgeot on one occasion, but, honestly, I can't remember when. Odds are, it was 2008.

Pikachu <3 ever since I was really little in blue version I would always go straight to viridian forest and search til i found one XD and i did the same exact thing when leaf green came out lol

On my FR, I waited till I saw a nidoran male or mankey. I think I caught a nidoran male the first time I played it.

I caught a caterpie first time in FR in Virdian Forest.

I have no idea. I got that game in 2004-ish, had it for a few months before losing it, then found it again in 2007 and restarted right away. All I remember from that file is naming my Trainer "Ketchum", walking through Mt. Moon, and being in Celadon City with three or four badges.

Look like many guys caught Pidgey as their first Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 16, 2015
Damn, that's a long time ago. I really don't remember, so I'd say I have to go with 50-50 between Rattata and Pidgey.

MawChomp

Average Trainer/Breeder
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
Caught a Pikachu before fighting Gary (2nd Encounter). Because he chose Squirtle.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Damn, that's a long time ago. I really don't remember, so I'd say I have to go with 50-50 between Rattata and Pidgey.

Yeah sometime it also happen with me. But you can try to remember hard, And many people get a chance and 100% to catch their first Pokemon as either a Pidgey or a ratta so if i guess it should be a Ratta as its good enough for some gyms. Well also possible that you catch Pidgey. Anyway i hope you remember soon.

Caught a Pikachu before fighting Gary (2nd Encounter). Because he chose Squirtle.
2nd encounter ? oh but you didn't catch anything until 2nd encounter ? anyway it your life play it as you want. But great to hear you first Pokemon you caught is Pikachu.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
And i also didn't knew that i can run from wild battles so i use to faint every pokemon i encounter! By this i remember my starter charmander grew into charizard just after vermilion gym battle! and my butterfree was level 33 at that time! Pidgey was the second i caught!

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I normally would use Squirtle, so I caught a Pidgey very quickly so that he could defeat Gary's Bulbasaur. I also really liked Pidgey for some reason. It seemed strong early on and it was a boss when it was a Pidgeot.

Back