• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The BINGO! Challenge - Revived

SanityStealer

Lilbluebox
Years
  • Hi yes, I would like one bingo card please. : ]

Name: SanityStealer
    Bingo Card: 8x3! Please include Orre. : ] And I'd rather no wonder trade challenges, please and thank you kindly.

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Hi yes, I would like one bingo card please. : ]

Name: SanityStealer
    Bingo Card: 8x3! Please include Orre. : ] And I'd rather no wonder trade challenges, please and thank you kindly.

Hello, I made your card:

Spoiler:

Now, I never played Pokémon Colosseum or XD, so let me know if there are any discrepancies on the Orre line. ;)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think the Orre challenges should work! Thank you!

Now if I could get a scramble team for either Gale of Darkness or Colosseum, that would be fantastic, thank you muchly. : ]
    I haven't played any of them (yet), but I tried to make a team for Colosseum. Let me know if there are any problems with it:
    altaria.gif
    tyranitar.gif
    espeon.gif
    noctowl.gif
    sudowoodo.gif
    feraligatr.gif

Username: MrOli711
    Bingo Card: 6x2 (No Kalos please)
    Here you go. I hope everything is okay:

Kanto
    NFE Team
    Solo Run

Johto
    What's Your Sign?
    Monocolour

Hoenn
    Rainbow Road
    Elite Mash Up

Sinnoh
    Pick-A-Route
    Monotype

Unova
    Hit the Gym
    Type Link

Alola
    Signature Move
    Love at First Sight

SanityStealer

Lilbluebox
    Years
  • I haven't played any of them (yet), but I tried to make a team for Colosseum. Let me know if there are any problems with it:
    altaria.gif
    tyranitar.gif
    espeon.gif
    noctowl.gif
    sudowoodo.gif
    feraligatr.gif

Unfortunately, you can't even get Tyranitar until the last battle of the main game, so could I get a replacement for it? Everything else looks great.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2021
    The BINGO! Challenge
    Challenge #1: Kanto NFE Team - Pokemon FireRed (3/8)
    Spoiler:

Current Team:
    Spr_3f_005.png

Boltzmann the Charmeleon
    Lvl 24
    - Scratch
    - Aerial Ace
    - Ember
    - Metal Claw

Spr_3f_025.png

Volt the Pikachu
    Lvl 25
    - Shock Wave
    - Quick Attack
    - Brick Break
    - Thunder Wave

Spr_3f_074.png

Rockwell the Geodude
    Lvl 23
    - Mega Punch
    - Magnitude
    - Selfdestruct
    - Rock Throw

Spr_3f_064.png

Tesla the Kadabra
    Lvl 24
    - Psybeam
    - Teleport
    - Thief
    - Reflect​

Years
  • Signature Move CURSE in Pokémon Platinum

torterra.png
    steelix.png
    gengar.png
    lickilicky.png
    chimecho.png

PART 3

This part took place about a week ago, so I might forget some details.
    After beating Crasher Wake I continued on the story. Cyrus wasn't hard to beat. His Dark-types are immune to or even super effective against most of my team, but Curse strategy was enough this time.

I skipped most of the optional routes and got to Canalave City. Battle with Barry was okayish. If I recall correctly his Heracross surprised me as I didn't have any counter. Battle with Byron was laughable. I didn't even need to set up Curse on Torterra to beat his team. During this time I also went back to Wayward Cave for Earthquake TM and Metal Coat on Iron Island, which means I can evolve Onix to Steelix.

I had problems during Lake arc, mostly because I didn't heal between the battles and without many healing items in my bag I encountered some hard battles. Especially battle with Mars. Her Purugly was annoying.

Candice battle! I don't remember much about this battle, but I think I won easily even with almost no super-effective moves.

Now this is when it got hard. From this point onward, Team Galactic Admins has not only better Pokémon with better movesets, but also are also effective against my main hitter - Torterra. So Team Galactic HQ in Veilstone City and Mt. Coronet were pretty annoying locations. But I somehow manage to clear it in the end. I think Barry had to use his 3rd Pokémon during double battle against Mars and Jupiter. Cyrus battle in Distortion World was hard and I had to restart it several times. I couldn't even use my Curse strategy, because his Pokémon hit really hard.

Now with this part over, I could move to the easy stuff again. I don't even think mentioning Volkner is necessary as I had 2 Ground-types on my team. Let's move to the funny stuff. I decided to get my last Pokémon when I got to the league. I wanted Water-type, so let's list every Pokémon that can learn Curse - Slowpoke, Bidoof, Vaporeon, Lapras, Wooper, Corsola, Mudkip, Wailmer, Spheal and Shellos. I can only get few and I used most of them recently, so only viable choice is Wooper. And so I'm in the process of breeding one right now.

Team

torterra.png

Kennedy, Mild Male Torterra
    lvl 53, Overgrow
    - Giga Drain
    - Curse
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake

steelix.png

Gillette, Lonely Male Steelix
    lvl 51, Sturdy
    - Curse
    - Iron Tail
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock

gengar.png

Pele, Adamant Female Gengar
    lvl 50, Levitate
    - Shadow Ball
    - Drain Punch
    - Dark Pulse
    - Curse

lickilicky.png

Braganzas, Mild Male Lickilicky
    lvl 49, Oblivious
    - Curse
    - Return
    - Power Whip
    - Knock Off

chimecho.png

Loathly, Rash Female Chimecho
    lvl 49, Levitate
    - Extrasensory
    - Yawn
    - Curse
    - Uproar​

Years
  • So I received my card almost 1,5 years ago, so uhhh... I guess it's time to do some updates?

Kanto Mono Letter G
    I believe I started this challenge around the time I got the card, but quickly lost interest and only did a bunch of Platinum solos ever since. Recently I got the itch to play pokemon again though, so I came back to it and finished what I started. the run wasn't probably as welcoming as I hoped, but I still had fun :tongue-poke:. Hopefully the itch will last for a bit :D

Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Highest Stat Sp. def in White 2
    I was a bit worried about this one as Sunkern was the first pokemon that met the requirements and the next earliest was Scraggy. However with some strategy and a bit of grinding even Roxie wasn't so bad.

Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

I'm currently 4 badges in on Pick A Route in Sapphire, a few ups and downs so far, but it's going alright :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2021
    The BINGO! Challenge
    Challenge #1: Kanto NFE Team - Pokemon FireRed (Completed)
    Spoiler:

Final Team:
    Spr_3f_025.png

Volt the Pikachu
    Lvl 54
    - Thunderbolt
    - Quick Attack
    - Brick Break
    - Thunder Wave

Spr_3f_005.png

Boltzmann the Charmeleon
    Lvl 49
    - Overheat
    - Dragon Rage
    - Flamethrower
    - Dragon Claw

Spr_3f_064.png

Tesla the Kadabra
    Lvl 51
    - Psychic
    - Calm Mind
    - Thief
    - Recover

Spr_3f_075.png

Rockwell the Graveler
    Lvl 49
    - Strength
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Blast
    - Rock Slide

Spr_3f_117.png

Pascal the Seadra
    Lvl 49
    - Surf
    - Toxic
    - Ice Beam
    - Twister​

Years
  • Signature Move CURSE in Pokémon Platinum

torterra.png
    steelix.png
    gengar.png
    lickilicky.png
    chimecho.png
    quagsire.png

FINAL PART

I spent some time breeding my last Pokémon - Wooper. I had to catch not only female Wooper, but also male bidoof and train it to level 53, where it learns Curse. So it took me a while. But I can finally challenge the league.

First of is battle with Barry before the E4. My team isn't really good at killing Normal and Bug Pokémon, so I had to improvise. Braganzas took down Snorlax and Kennedy with Gillete took down Heracross. The rest of the team was easy.

Right after this fight I had to battle Aaron. The master of Bug-types. So you can imagine the struggle I had with this battle. Vespiquen was really annoying to take down. I put Curse on it and even tried to set Braganzas with Curse, but the queen wouldn't let me do it. And she healed herself all the time. Even his Scizor was easier. But I won in the end even with decimated team.

Bertha and Flint on the other hand were easy. My strongest Pokémon countered them and these two fights were over quickly. Lucian was a little bit harder, but not as hard as Aaron. My Ghost-type was weak to Psychic moves and my Psychic-type was weaker than his Pokémon. But once again, I won with combined effort of everyone.

And finally, Cynthia battle. I always look forward this battle, because Cynthia's team is just great. I wish GF would return to this time, where Champion not only had 4 moves on every Pokémon, but the moveset actually made sense. I was afraid of her Togekiss and Garchomp the most. I started with Gillete and almost took down her Spiritomb with an Earthquake. I decided to use Stone Edge just in case it would switch and this prediction turned out to be the right one and her Togekiss lost most of its HP going into the battle. So that was nice. Another rock shot from Gillete knocked it down.

Her next Pokémon was Milotic, which surprised me by taking down Kennedy with one critical Ice Beam. I sent out Dutchman and Cynthia switched to Roserade, which took down Dutchman, after he damaged it with Earthquake. Loathly then finished it and even stood against her Lucario. But she was too slow to it. Lucario then took down Braganzas, before loosing to Pele. Pele then finished Cynthia's Spiritomb and Milotic.

And then it really started. Cynthia sent out Garchomp. It quickly cut down Pele, Gillette and Dutchman, some of them not even touched it. The others only managed to hit it thanks to it recharging from Giga Impact. I revived Kennedy and was able to land a hit, when Garchomp was recharging and then survived Dragon Rush and won me the battle.
    Just look at this screen:
    Spoiler:

Oh and here's the screen right after that:
    Spoiler:

So with that, I finished my first Sinnoh Challenge in this Bingo. I really enjoyed it and it was first Sinnoh run in a while that I was looking forward to continue in. Also probably the first time I enjoyed Sinnoh altogether. And while I would like to continue with finishing this Bingo (in September it'll be 2 years since I started it), I have on-going runs in all the regions, so I'll put this on hold 'till I finish my Shiny Badge Quest in Ultra Moon, Time Warp in X, SetLocke in Black 2, Random Challenge in Soul Silver, EliminationLocke in Omega Ruby and Randomized Nuzlocke in Fire Red. So yeah, it will take a while. But I might hop on this challenge again if I'll feel like starting one of my remaining challenges.

Team

torterra.png

Kennedy, Mild Male Torterra
    lvl 63, Overgrow
    - Giga Drain
    - Curse
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake

steelix.png

Gillette, Lonely Male Steelix
    lvl 59, Sturdy
    - Curse
    - Iron Tail
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge

gengar.png

Pele, Adamant Female Gengar
    lvl 58, Levitate
    - Shadow Ball
    - Drain Punch
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Curse

lickilicky.png

Braganzas, Mild Male Lickilicky
    lvl 57, Oblivious
    - Curse
    - Return
    - Power Whip
    - Knock Off

chimecho.png

Loathly, Rash Female Chimecho
    lvl 59, Levitate
    - Extrasensory
    - Yawn
    - Curse
    - Shadow Ball

quagsire.png

Dutchman, Quiet Male Quagsire
    lvl 59, Water Absorb
    - Waterfall
    - Yawn
    - Curse
    - Earthquake​

SanityStealer

Lilbluebox
    Years
  • Well, I've just finished my first challenge! The Duo-Species challenge in Leaf Green is officially complete! Honestly, it was a lot easier than I was expecting. The hardest times I had were right after I deposited my ivysaur HM slave because getting clefairy up to a usable level that early, with no switch training, was not easy. And then I wasted forever at the game corner trying to get enough coins to get the TMs I wanted. But in the end, my team pulled through for me, and I made it through the entire elite four using I think three full restores total, maybe four? And I didn't have to touch my revives at all.

So I'm calling it a wrap, well done me. :] Onto the next challenge!

Duo-Species Leaf Green: The Team

clefable.gif

Clefable - Morning - 68
    Female, Cute Charm
    Solarbeam, Shadow Ball, Mega Punch, Moonlight

starmie.gif

Starmie - Evening - 68
    Natural Cure
    Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam​

Bingo Card Progress: 1/24

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Username:Princess V
    Bingo Card: 7x4

Username: Princess V

Card:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • So I will use yellow, solo with pikachu, with dragonite and a jolteon in the team, but won't use them~
    Now, though, I don't know if my scramble is going to allow the link style in sinnoh, I am sorry if I am bothering you, but this is so I get everything down before I get on that region...

Last edited:
    Back