• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The BINGO! Challenge - Revived

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 9, 2024
Cool. I would like to try. Could someone make me a card?

Username: MorgSummers
Bingo Type: 5x5

Something to try ad infinitum lol

Years
Cool. I would like to try. Could someone make me a card?

Username: MorgSummers
Bingo Type: 5x5

Something to try ad infinitum lol
Hi, so sorry for taking so long. I must have missed your post.

Here's your Bingo card:
Kanto
Monoletter
Type Link
Icy Days Challenge
Highest Stat - SPD
The Culinary Challenge

Johto
Retrograde
Monocolour
Hit the Gym
Solo Run
The Likeminded Challenge

Hoenn
Elite Mash Up
Pick-A-Route
The In-Order Challenge
Duo-Species Challenge
Rainbow Road

Sinnoh
The Champion Challenge
Retrograde
Space Nerds Challenge
Your (User)name Challenge
Sunny Days Challenge

Unova
Trio-Species Challenge
The Trainer Class Challenge
The Wedlocke Challenge
Signature Move Challenge
Highest Stat - DEF

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 9, 2024
Hey! No problem, I'm working on my nuzlock in the meantime hahaha
Thank you, Kanto is going to be a pain, I think lol

I have a few questions about the challenges, because I'm so new to this and I'm not sure.

In monoletter, I can use a pokemon that evolves into the chosen letter, as long as it evolves into it before 3 gym, right? Or/what if I hack a pokemon with that letter instead of my starter? For example, I'm in doubt between G, C, A or S. Can I hack a Growlithe if I choose A for Arcanine instead of my starter and evolve it as soon as I have a firestone? That's not exactly it, but just an example to give you an idea...

Regarding the Highest Stat, can I start with pokemons that have a Highest Stat SPD of 60, for example, using Growlithe again, as soon as it evolves into Arcanine which has a base speed of 95, change my entire team to keep up? Or should I choose a value and stick to it from beginning to end? In this case, can I use pokemons that have this value that have been completely evolved up to Elite 4?
I would like to start with a low base stat and gradually evolve until the end of the challenge...

Years
In monoletter, I can use a pokemon that evolves into the chosen letter, as long as it evolves into it before 3 gym, right? Or/what if I hack a pokemon with that letter instead of my starter? For example, I'm in doubt between G, C, A or S. Can I hack a Growlithe if I choose A for Arcanine instead of my starter and evolve it as soon as I have a firestone? That's not exactly it, but just an example to give you an idea...
Yes. If you want to do letter A, you can use Growlithe and evolve it. You can even hack it in as your starter.[/QUOTE]

Regarding the Highest Stat, can I start with pokemons that have a Highest Stat SPD of 60, for example, using Growlithe again, as soon as it evolves into Arcanine which has a base speed of 95, change my entire team to keep up? Or should I choose a value and stick to it from beginning to end? In this case, can I use pokemons that have this value that have been completely evolved up to Elite 4?
I would like to start with a low base stat and gradually evolve until the end of the challenge...
All your Pokémon don't need to have the same value of a stat. It just has to be their highest stat. For example, you can use Raticate and Golbat on the same team, because their Speed is their highest stat, but both have different speed. And again, you can use Pokémon that will evolve in Pokémon with speed as their highest stat. For example, you can use Nincada and evolve it into Ninjask.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 9, 2024
Yes. If you want to do letter A, you can use Growlithe and evolve it. You can even hack it in as your starter.

All your Pokémon don't need to have the same value of a stat. It just has to be their highest stat. For example, you can use Raticate and Golbat on the same team, because their Speed is their highest stat, but both have different speed. And again, you can use Pokémon that will evolve in Pokémon with speed as their highest stat. For example, you can use Nincada and evolve it into Ninjask.
[/QUOTE]

Tanks!!

So I decided to start one of the challenges, because I finished my nuzlocke and needed something different.
I'll start with Hoenn, I never managed to finish Diamond, who knows, maybe this time hahaha

And what could be better than a team based on the game's villains, with pokemons that I almost never use (Roserade being an exception)

The Space-nerds - Bingo Challenge

I started with Chimchar just randomly, avoiding training too much, since my first challenge pokemon would, of course, be Budew. I also took the opportunity to catch an Abra, which was difficult, because he escapes a lot with Transport and I wanted a somewhat decent nature.
Just an addendum, I decided not to name my pokemons... I forgot when I got Budew and I'll keep it that way! Also catch a Bidoof as HM Slayer.
For the first gym my assembled team is:

budew.png

Budew, lvl 20
Nature: Modest
- Absorb
- Growth
- Mega Drain
- Stun Spore

kadabra-f.png

Kadabra, lvl 20
Nature: Mild
- Hidden Power
- Confusion
- Teleportation
- Disable​

Which was easy, just using Absorb against Roark. I took the opportunity to grind Kadabra a little in the gym and on the following routes.
Moving forward, I went after a Zubat for my starting team that would be very useful especially against Gardenia.
Cheryl was of awesome help in grinding my little bat. Fun fact: I never use Zubat, because they're sooo boring in caves, but I'm loving it.
I soon grinded until the pokemon evolved and took advantage of the extra help to gain some levels in others.
My current team and against Grass Gym:

golbat-f.png
Golbat, lvl 24
Nature: Jolly
-Astonish
- Bite
- Wing Attack
- Confuse Ray

budew.png
Budew, lvl 24
Nature: Modest
- Absorb
- Growth
- Mega Drain
- Worry Seed

kadabra-f.png
Kadabra, lvl 24
Nature: Mild
- Hidden Power
- Confusion
- Teleportation
- Disable
Wing Attack took care of everything.
Heading to the next gym.

Last edited:

Charcadet121

Emotional Warrior of Justice
Days
Hey, can I join please?

Username: Charcadet12.
Bingo type: 9x9

Oh, and BTW, I only want to use pokemon found in the region of Paldea, as I would like a challenge. This does include Pokémon that appear in multiple regions, though...they just have to be a part of the base game pokedex...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 9, 2024
I don't believe. I made a post detailing the weather and the Pokémon, all of which were cute and I lost it all when I accidentally deleted it haha.
So, too lazy to do it again:
At the moment I got 7 badge, and I'm training my Pokémon against Team Galactic. I haven't had any problems with the team, but I'm working hard and thinking about whether I'm going to continue or replace Kadabra with Honchkrow or Weavile, for example.

At the moment my team is between lvl 50 and 42 and I'm grinding. And that:

skuntank.pngbronzeng.pngroselia-f.pnggyarados-f.pngcrobat.pngkadabra-f.png

In the box: Dustox, Beautifly, Weavile, Honchkrow e Toxicroak.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 9, 2024
Hey, can I join please?

Username: Charcadet12.
Bingo type: 9x9

Oh, and BTW, I only want to use pokemon found in the region of Paldea, as I would like a challenge. This does include Pokémon that appear in multiple regions, though...they just have to be a part of the base game pokedex...
Wow, this is going to be hard.
Here's your card, I tried to leave it the way you need it, let me know if there's anything that doesn't work:

KANTO:
1. Hit the Gym
2. NFE Team
3. Rainbow Road
4. The Nuzlocke Challenge
5. The Culinary Challenge
6. Trio-Species Challenge
7. Highest Stat – Atk
8. Solo Run
9. Scramble

JOHTO:
1. Retrograde