• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Caught all 649!!!! How far are you?

DexJr Karnage

Shiver TheKid
Years
I have finally completed the PokeDex! I have caught all 649 Pokemon and boy am i proud! Took me since the release of Black and White to finish the Pokedex! I completed the Pokedex yesterday at 11:59PM. It was hell to finish it but the time was well worth it. Out of the 649 Pokemon i have, I believe only 15 of them were hacked due to the GTS/: Did a couple trades through there and checked on Pokecheck and some of the Legendaries i had were fake like my Mew...): But yeah! I wanted to show you all a picture of how i did it P: I own all of the 3rd Gen games and caught the pokemons there that were exclusive to each one. Then when i got Pokemon Platinum on the day of release i completed the game and had access to Pal Park where i migrated all(not lying i spent a whole year doing this..) my 3rd Gen pokemon to Platinum through Pal Park. Then i went to go buy SS and HG and caught the pokemon needed there. Once B&W and B2&W2 were released i then transfered all my Pokemon to B2&W2 so i could have all of them in 1 Cartridge..And trust me it took forever../:
2e1sohz.jpg

Im finally happy that i completed this. When i first signed up here i only needed 44 more pokemon to go and now im done(: Im ready for that X & Y!
How far are you from completing the PokeDex?​

DexJr Karnage

Shiver TheKid
Years
The 15 that were not legit pokemon were some of the Event. The only Event Pokemon that i have that are Legit were the Shiny Diagla, Meloetta and The other Event Pokemons From Toys R us and Gamestop. But the ones that are sure to be not legit were like Genesect and Mew and Arceus which i got from a friend through trade. Which im sure is fake to since he owns a AR.

Years
In my main copy of White 2, I already completed the National Pokédex. Friday, May 10th, around 5 PM EST. The last Pokémon I got for it was a Milotic on Route 1. Then I got the Shiny Charm and a Gold trainer card. ^_^ A day I'll be sure to remember.

In my White version, I'm almost there…I've had over 600 since like less than a week before BW2 came out. Maybe someday I'll go back and get them, but I'm not very motivated to complete it there.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
hahaha not too far alas. On Soul Silver I have the Johto Pokedex completed but that is probably the farthest I have on all my games. Black 2 I suppose would have to be the second closest but I am far from getting all 600+ Pokemon. Can't be bothered either and if I do decided to do it I would probably take the lazy way out and do it like... through Pokegen or something because damn that would take forever especially since I lack Sinnoh games for Sinnoh Pokemon and such.

DexJr Karnage

Shiver TheKid
Years
hahaha not too far alas. On Soul Silver I have the Johto Pokedex completed but that is probably the farthest I have on all my games. Black 2 I suppose would have to be the second closest but I am far from getting all 600+ Pokemon. Can't be bothered either and if I do decided to do it I would probably take the lazy way out and do it like... through Pokegen or something because damn that would take forever especially since I lack Sinnoh games for Sinnoh Pokemon and such.

I had thought of doing using the PokeGen cause i knew it would take so long to just transfer using the Pal Park and with PokeGen i could do like 5x's faster. But i decided i wanted them to be Legit so i stuck to the Pal Park to transfer my 3rd gen pokemon lol. Well worth the time!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I completed the pokedex for the first time in soul silver. First time since I started in gen 1. I was on a trading spree during soul silver.

I haven't completed it since then, partially because I'm not feeling up to it but also because there wouldn't be much challenge yet since I could migrate most of them.

I might attempt to complete the pokedex again this gen though.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Meh, each generation I say I'll complete it, but I run out of time/motivation by the time the next generation rolls around. I finished the BW2 Unova Dex and got to the Nature Preserve, but that was the farthest I got.

Congrats though.

DexJr Karnage

Shiver TheKid
Years
Meh, each generation I say I'll complete it, but I run out of time/motivation by the time the next generation rolls around. I finished the BW2 Unova Dex and got to the Nature Preserve, but that was the farthest I got.

Congrats though.

Yeah i know what you mean man. Like while i was doing this i would get tired or un motivated and not do it for about a week. But like on days off of work or when i was bored i'd get back into it and be trading/migrating/evolving for like the whole day haha(x.But thanks!

blue

gucci
Years
I've probably caught about 60/649, I literally never attempt to capture all the Pokémon once I've completed the storyline. I highly doubt I will even attempt to with X & Y, the total will be beyond 700 which is too much for me. ;;

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Well, I've caught around 300 in my Black. And I'm not gonna even try in B2/W2. No way xD
I'll probably aim for a full Pokédex in X/Y, haha xD;

I just hope I'll finally fully complete my first National Dex. xD;

DexJr Karnage

Shiver TheKid
Years
I've probably caught about 60/649, I literally never attempt to capture all the Pokémon once I've completed the storyline. I highly doubt I will even attempt to with X & Y, the total will be beyond 700 which is too much for me. ;;

Exaclty!! But i think itll be easier to fufill the Pokedex in X & Y due to the new PokeTransfer. You can transfer more then one pokemon now and do groups. So i might end up completing the dex in X & Y as well. Itll be easy i think for me as well since i pre ordered both.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
The farthest I've ever gotten was two hundred and thirty-four Pokémon in my Emerald. It was hard for me to catch this much Pokémon. Very, very hard. I've kind of just given up on completing the PokéDex when fourth generation games were introduced, because I didn't have the motivation to migrate all of my Pokémon. On top of that, one of my friends constantly used to remind me that nothing would happen if you completed the PokéDex, and it was just a waste of time. D:

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
I completed the Hoenn dex in Emerald back in 2005, and that was with the help of two friends. We all worked together to complete it in order to get the Johto starters. Since then I've just lost motivation. Now since I've misplaced all of my games (and had my Pearl cartridge with all of my pokemon eaten by my pug) I can't even collect them all if I tried.

I may try to eventually just once more after X & Y's release. Now that GF will have an online storage system for transfering pokemon I can rest knowing I'll always have a place to keep my pokes even if my games are reset or lost.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Congratulations!

I finished the Black Pokedex in 2010 through a lot of trading (no hacked Pokemon at all). I traded it away thinking I'll never play it again (I lost interest) and boy was I wrong! I had 500 hours + on that game with a few shinies I managed to come by, not to mention events and EV trained Pokemon.

At the moment though. I have ALL mainstream Pokemon games from Gen III and onwards as well as a link cable, GBA's, NDS' and all. So I could complete my Dex in reality on any of those games. Event Pokemon aren't needed to count as 'completed' ... I plan to do this in the close future. After I finish White 2 which I'm currently playing that will be all NDS games complete. I'll move on to the GBA games. I already finished FR so there will be only 4 left to finish.

Last edited:

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I have finally completed the PokeDex! I have caught all 649 Pokemon and boy am i proud! Took me since the release of Black and White to finish the Pokedex! I completed the Pokedex yesterday at 11:59PM. It was hell to finish it but the time was well worth it. Out of the 649 Pokemon i have, I believe only 15 of them were hacked due to the GTS/: Did a couple trades through there and checked on Pokecheck and some of the Legendaries i had were fake like my Mew...): But yeah! I wanted to show you all a picture of how i did it P: I own all of the 3rd Gen games and caught the pokemons there that were exclusive to each one. Then when i got Pokemon Platinum on the day of release i completed the game and had access to Pal Park where i migrated all(not lying i spent a whole year doing this..) my 3rd Gen pokemon to Platinum through Pal Park. Then i went to go buy SS and HG and caught the pokemon needed there. Once B&W and B2&W2 were released i then transfered all my Pokemon to B2&W2 so i could have all of them in 1 Cartridge..And trust me it took forever../:
2e1sohz.jpg

Im finally happy that i completed this. When i first signed up here i only needed 44 more pokemon to go and now im done(: Im ready for that X & Y!
How far are you from completing the PokeDex?​

Cool story bro. I completed my dex before B2/W2. All of them are legit except 5 ( all legends) It is a pain tho, congrats​

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I share Trainer Altair's congrats. That's a wonderful achievement collecting all 649!

Anyway, the farthest I've been is around 180 on White 2, but needed to reach 150 because I was hoping to get a better chance of a critical capture on some of those Legendaries without forcing myself to use the master ball, so that I could have the Whole Swords of Justice team on the Battle Subway and PWT. Sadly, I never succeeded on that.

Years
I managed to get all original 150 back on my FireRed, and around 230/386 total, but I've never gotten any closer than that (second place would be ~350/649 in White 2).

I was never one to try and catch all of the Pokemon in a game unless I was completely bored and had no desire to restart or play something else. And now that we'll likely be adding 100+ to the current 649 when X/Y come around, I don't think I'll ever manage to complete the entire National Dex, so hats off to you!

Sirfetch’d

I caught all 151 back on my old Blue version but that is the only time I have ever completed the Pokedex. When I still had my white version, I had around 400 or so. Over time I have owned almost every Pokemon other than Deoxys.

Back