• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
are there any recommended strategies to catch cobalion and the like? i keep either killing it, or dying after using 15+ pokeballs of varied types (and failing, obviously).
i've tried quick, poke, great, ultra, timer, dusk (at night), luxury, heal, and premier balls... i'm extremely reluctant to use a masterball until i gain more than one...

Late answer, but basically, paralyze/sleep (I like paralyze better, doesn't wear off), get it to red health, chuck Dusk Balls at it. Takes around 10 balls for me. Ultra Balls only if you need to catch it during the day for some reason, but I don't recommend Ultra Balls anymore after nearly wasting my entire stash on Latios in my B2 run.

Quick question: When is the earliest you can trade in 5th gen games? Would be nice to know for future Mystery Egg runs.

Years
Quick question: When is the earliest you can trade in 5th gen games? Would be nice to know for future Mystery Egg runs.

As soon as you get your first Gym Badge. The Trio Badge in B/W and the Basic Badge in B2/W2.

This is the case for both local and online trading. It's not as soon as you get the Pokedex like in earlier games.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
No, there is no other way. Though, possibly by using an AR, but I don't know for sure and wouldn't recommend it.

Years
Does Pokemon Black 2 save faster than White 2?
When i start save at the same time in both games Black 2 finishes saving and then White 2 starts saving.
I apologize if this is wrong information, but I believe that they should both be saving at the same pace. Did you wind up making any changes to your Pokémon box in the PC (catching, moving around, releasing, etc) in one of the games before saving?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
If one cartridge has more PC boxes unlocked, it will take longer to save. This is why your PC box is upgraded with use; so that saving time is cut for people who play less. I'm not sure of anything else that changes save time.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Does the cloning glitch that worked in 4th gen work in 5th gen? The 4th gen cloning glitch I'm talking about is disconnecting from the GTS right when depositing a pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2013
Hello there i am new here :D and soon i gone buy pkmn B2
so my question is can you also play on the othere world's like :
Kanto Johto Hoenn Sinnoh or one of them?

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2013
Ah thx man! np. well my last game was emerald.. so i need to catch up :p, hmm and you can also go online?

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
Is this considered hacked pokemon

if i hack for two perfect iv pokemon of the same species, one male and one female, breed them like jack rabbits until I get one with 6 perfect IV without hacking to get it, ev train the baby up to level 100 without any hacked or cheated items and only fighting legit wild unhacked pokemon?

Like will this pokemon be banned from GTS or will it pass? I'm not sure if the traces from a hacking devices are in the baby pokemon from a hacked pokemon but know they are in the hacked pokemon.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
if i hack for two perfect iv pokemon of the same species, one male and one female, breed them like jack rabbits until I get one with 6 perfect IV without hacking to get it, ev train the baby up to level 100 without any hacked or cheated items and only fighting legit wild unhacked pokemon?

Like will this pokemon be banned from GTS or will it pass? I'm not sure if the traces from a hacking devices are in the baby pokemon from a hacked pokemon but know they are in the hacked pokemon.
IIRC you cannot pass more than 2 IVs in one breeding cycle so... you probably cannot breed all IVs unless you have luck and all other IVs will be maxed by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back