• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver hack: Pokémon SoothingSilver Version 1.3.0!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Uk
  • Seen today
Soothing Silver logo.png
NOTE: In the intro for the current version, Professor Oak will say 'Welcome to SoothingSilver Version 1.2. He's a dirty little liar, you probably are playing 1.3 :D This is a minor glitch that will be fixed this week.

Introduction
Pokémon SoothingSilver is a QOL DS ROM hack of Pokémon SoulSilver. The main goal of the hack is to bring more variety, a bit more difficulty and lots of small new additions or QOL changes (such as custom shinies, regional forms and infinite TMS) which add on to the experience without ruining the feeling of the original SoulSilver. The game is complete but more updates are coming!

Current Features

Spoiler:

New 1.3 features!

Spoiler:

Screenshots and clips

Spoiler:

Credits

Discord Server

Come check out the discord server to have a nice chat, ask any questions about the hack, keep up to date and more :) https://discord.gg/aRRS5Uh

Download

Keep in mind this is for the patch, I cannot provide you with a ROM file myself! Check the Readme file for instructions on how to patch.

Drive download link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1p2zv1p-QQ9N0Rx2Vx-9GivPXJ3V8mMbp?usp=sharing

MEGA download link: https://mega.nz/folder/4Q4TGbZC#8MyZsz-1n1YznQhNIWM9LA

Future Updates

In the future a final 1.4 is planned as well as a hard mode!

Attachments

• shineshrew.png
    shineshrew.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 721
  • 096 SoothingSilver__17077.png
    096 SoothingSilver__17077.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 3,682
  • Grundoon.png
    Grundoon.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 3,713
  • Ice.png
    Ice.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 3,694
  • The boi.png
    The boi.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 3,699
  • version 1.png
    version 1.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 3,694
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Uk
  • Seen today
The beta will release on the 9th for discord members it will contain many but not all of the features included in the features section! All trainers will be edited until the 9th gym and all wild encounters will be ready! Version 1 will still come out by the end of September and will be more polished and contain even more features!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 12, 2022
I love LOVE Gen 2 so when they made a gen 4 remake of it i was so happy and always enjoy seeing romhacks of them. Please do not abandon this project or go on months long hiatus without updating us on what's going on. Thank you have a good day.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Uk
  • Seen today
I love LOVE Gen 2 so when they made a gen 4 remake of it i was so happy and always enjoy seeing romhacks of them. Please do not abandon this project or go on months long hiatus without updating us on what's going on. Thank you have a good day.

I'm glad you're looking forward to the hack!!! I won't abandon it, you can keep up with regular updates by joining the discord server!!

Years
Planned features

• After I release the first version I intend to act upon any feedback, and I especially intend to readjust difficulty.
  • Cynthia and Steven may or may not battle you, but I won't spoil any further details :)
  • I would like to add a couple of new areas for multiple reasons, but we'll see how that goes
  • Scripted encounters with hopefully every legendary, but to be honest this may not be possible for every legendary.
  • If people really want it, I can try to add fairy types :D
  • If possible I would love to add reusable TMs but I dunno if it'll be possible
  • And more!
Fairy type added to this game would be really great. And how about replacing some unused pkms with those from other regions that have more evolution stages (Like farfetch'd, zigzagoon, etc...) This would reduce the burden of fitting >400 pkms into the wild i think
Anyway, it's always good to see a gen 4 hacks, keep up the good work!
Btw, I saw you asking for TMs reusable script on Project Rebooted discord. You still didn't figure it out? I think this script belongs to BlazingMagmar and you could ask him since he's in Project Rebooted team and his hgss hacks (hgss golden edition) also include tms reusable

Years
  • Age 26
  • Uk
  • Seen today
Fairy type added to this game would be really great. And how about replacing some unused pkms with those from other regions that have more evolution stages (Like farfetch'd, zigzagoon, etc...) This would reduce the burden of fitting >400 pkms into the wild i think
Anyway, it's always good to see a gen 4 hacks, keep up the good work!
Btw, I saw you asking for TMs reusable script on Project Rebooted discord. You still didn't figure it out? I think this script belongs to BlazingMagmar and you could ask him since he's in Project Rebooted team and his hgss hacks (hgss golden edition) also include tms reusable

Oh yeah he did send the script I prepared this announcement a while back woops. Also I might add fairy typing but it would probably be a version 2 change tbh. Also I don't really want to replace any pokemon aside from the ones I replaced with their alolan forms, I feel like that would be unfair for the people who like the pokémon that I would've replaced

Years
  • Age 26
  • Uk
  • Seen today
Hiya! Sorry for the late response I'm not that active on pokecommunity but thank you for taking an interest! The first full release should be out very soon!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Uk
  • Seen today
Hiya everyone! I've updated the post because... version 1.0.2 is out! It's now completeable and has quite a few new features which you can see in the post! I hope you enjoy the hack if you get the time to play!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
There seems to be a bug where I can't get the Legendary Beasts to flee the Burnt Tower. I just keep triggering a Suicune battle. Also going to Kris near Mt. Mortar kept freezing the game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 17, 2020
Wow, great work. DracAndre. I like it very much! It looks awesome. Thanks for doing us the HG/SS lovers a favour! :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 17, 2020
Just finished patching. Feel very nostalgic and touched when seeing Lugia flying in water. Thank you DracAndre!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Uk
  • Seen today
Signal boosting the new 1.0.3 update, it fixes 2 serious bugs from version 1.0.2, if you were using 1.0.2 before please update to prevent this bug from occuring.

Years
Hello! I am really interested in playing your hack, but actuallly like Lyra much more. Is there any way to remove the Kris patch?

Back