• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Legend of Dragons

What should the Name be???

• Pokemon Calcite

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • Pokemon Legend of Dragons

Votes: 40 44.9%
  • Pokemon Dragon Adventure

Votes: 23 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
btw...since you are putting tons of dragon pokemon in =) are there still going to be tons of other pokemon? im wonderin about the legendaries like raikou or suicune and entei. (put latios and latias in!!! they deserve to be in it) or maybe zapdos moltres and articuno? sumtin along those lines.

features-1.png

All 386 pokemon

Does this answer it? Next time try and see if you can find anything on the first post. I want to try and add some but I just don't want to remove any. It'll make the game feel somewhat 'incomplete'. Well that's how I feel at least.

Yeah, that's the official Dragon Types. But we're talking about the pre-evos like Gible (stated in thethethethe's post) and Trapinch, and we're also talking about pokemon that were considered Dragons like Charizard, Larvitar, and some others.

I just noticed that. What about Trapinch? Will he have a special event in the game?

And the new tiles are awesome. One day I'm going to ask you (or zel, depends on who's busy) to teach me how to make/insert tiles.

Why not go Trapinch?

Its already in the game and it evolves into something powerful ;3

The only reason why I said gible might become a possible third starter is because it is a Dragon Type throughout all of it's evolutions. Trapinch evolves into a dragon type but unfortunately, doesn't begin as one. Any Pokemon that evolves into or is what I consider Dragon-like, eg. Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard, Shiny Gyarados(NOTE: I think I'm going to change the palette so that it's not red), Aerodactyl, will have its own individual event in which you will have the chance to capture it.

uMM what about tropius could you at least add it in is only a grass flying

What about Tropius? What's Tropius got to do with anything?

Hopefully that explains some things.

suchintan

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2008
Does this answer it? Next time try and see if you can find anything on the first post. I want to try and add some but I just don't want to remove any. It'll make the game feel somewhat 'incomplete'. Well that's how I feel at least.

The only reason why I said gible might become a possible third starter is because it is a Dragon Type throughout all of it's evolutions. Trapinch evolves into a dragon type but unfortunately, doesn't begin as one. Any Pokemon that evolves into or is what I consider Dragon-like, eg. Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard, Shiny Gyarados(NOTE: I think I'm going to change the palette so that it's not red), Aerodactyl, will have its own individual event in which you will have the chance to capture it.

What about Tropius? What's Tropius got to do with anything?

Hopefully that explains some things.
sorry...i read your first post before it got locked and forgot to stay updated =S

hey 4the. are you plannin on being able to let the player get a dratini later on in the game if i start with bagon? itd be cool. i hate the fact that you have to trade between games to recieve all pokemon >_< well lemme know.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
^ If you really wanted Dratini, you would just insert Gameshark codes into your VBA -_-

Don't stress it to much, ok? :3

suchintan

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2008
yeah but i dont like cheatin......................SHEESH!!! and i prefer if you can automatically get it rather than having to cheat

Years
yeah but i dont like cheatin......................SHEESH!!! and i prefer if you can automatically get it rather than having to cheat

Isn't this, "386 Pokemon," enough of an answer for both questions that you had. Like I said in my last post, without all the pokemon obtainable, I feel, it makes the game feel incomplete.
Just incase that still isn't enough info, Yes, you will be able to obtain the opposite starter late in the game.

I think this will be the last of the tiles that I plan on changing in the near future.
LegendsofDragons_01-3.png

I had a differrent pokemon center planned but since I'm still reasonably new to the idea of changing tiles, I didn't want to 'push my luck' and change everything too drastically and risk having the rom crash. At a later date I might decide that I'll change some more tiles, but for now, all I'm worried about is scripting and mapping the rest of Beta 1. Wish me luck.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Nice updates, and those look great, thethethethe. I will surely wish you for the best of luck!

I think everything's going great! Always enjoy hacking!

suchintan

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2008
Isn't this, "386 Pokemon," enough of an answer for both questions that you had. Like I said in my last post, without all the pokemon obtainable, I feel, it makes the game feel incomplete.
Just incase that still isn't enough info, Yes, you will be able to obtain the opposite starter late in the game.

I think this will be the last of the tiles that I plan on changing in the near future.

I had a differrent pokemon center planned but since I'm still reasonably new to the idea of changing tiles, I didn't want to 'push my luck' and change everything too drastically and risk having the rom crash. At a later date I might decide that I'll change some more tiles, but for now, all I'm worried about is scripting and mapping the rest of Beta 1. Wish me luck.

sorry...i thought like in the normal pokemon games, you cant get the original pokemon. you can still get all 386 but you have to trade >_< sorry for my incompetence

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
Years

Wow, those are some nice pokemon center tiles!

Hm, what could that guy be blocking the pokecenter off for?

Years
That's because you didn't have a pokemon yet.
Yeah, that's right. It's to prevent you talking to Nurse Joy before you recieve a Pokemon.

I've been attempting to insert DP pokemon into the empty spots and I've come across a couple of problems that maybe some others might know how to fix. I can repoint the pokemon data of an "empty pokemon" to an already existing pokemon(eg. Celebi), but if I insert a new image into the rom and repoint the "empty Pokemon's" image to the newly inserted image, the game freezes when I test it in a rom. If you know how to fix this problem please PM me.

All I've done lately is this and what I've mentioned above.
LegendsofDragons_01-5.png

I've also got a question, I can't decide which one looks better.
pngpng.png

And one last thing to note, I was playing through LoD today, and I just saw all the mistakes that I'd made early in the game, and when I started working on it, all I could think about were those mistakes. So I've decided that instead of restarting when I release beta 1 (which is what my original plan was), I'm going to restart now and rescript a lot of things, make a new beginning, and maybe re-map a few things. Seeing CBMs posts that mention, 'just because it's a 1st beta doesn't mean it gives you an excuse for the hack being terrible' also helped me make up my mind on this.

Sorry for this major delay, but it's, I guess, sort of, for the better.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
The first one is better looking and a good-looking sprite. Wow.., I envy your talent in spriting. Keep it up!

Also, restarting your hack..? Well.., okay... But could ya finish the Beta 1 first and then remake, rescript and redo everything for Beta 2..? (That way we could taste the sweetness of your hack) But it is just my opinion by the way... The decision's up to you, and we respect your decision.

I wish you the best of luck to everything you desire to do. Have a happy time hacking!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Yeah, that's right. It's to prevent you talking to Nurse Joy before you recieve a Pokemon.

I've been attempting to insert DP pokemon into the empty spots and I've come across a couple of problems that maybe some others might know how to fix. I can repoint the pokemon data of an "empty pokemon" to an already existing pokemon(eg. Celebi), but if I insert a new image into the rom and repoint the "empty Pokemon's" image to the newly inserted image, the game freezes when I test it in a rom. If you know how to fix this problem please PM me.

All I've done lately is this and what I've mentioned above.
LegendsofDragons_01-5.png

I've also got a question, I can't decide which one looks better.
pngpng.png

And one last thing to note, I was playing through LoD today, and I just saw all the mistakes that I'd made early in the game, and when I started working on it, all I could think about were those mistakes. So I've decided that instead of restarting when I release beta 1 (which is what my original plan was), I'm going to restart now and rescript a lot of things, make a new beginning, and maybe re-map a few things. Seeing CBMs posts that mention, 'just because it's a 1st beta doesn't mean it gives you an excuse for the hack being terrible' also helped me make up my mind on this.

Sorry for this major delay, but it's, I guess, sort of, for the better.

Thanks!! Anyway, the first one looks better. I hope Beta 1 is going to release soon...

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
the n2d ones face seems not excited enuff for an exciting adventure as this one....#1 ftw!!!

also dont know if i posted in here b4, but awesome hack...the dragon theme is cool

Years
I woul´t say the first one,But does my vote count?

I made it...(-:

Sorry about that, I forgot to mention that they were made by you. I couldn't make a sprite like that if I spent the whole day on it. I'm a terrible spriter.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess the first one is going in.

destinedjagold said:
Also, restarting your hack..? Well.., okay... But could ya finish the Beta 1 first and then remake, rescript and redo everything for Beta 2..? (That way we could taste the sweetness of your hack) But it is just my opinion by the way... The decision's up to you, and we respect your decision.

My minds made up about restarting, I've already restarted. I think the beginning that I've got was done really sloppily and I need to fix it, but I guess, if you really wanted to see what I've done so far, pm me about it but please keep in mind when I 'catch up' I'll re-post a new pre-alpha with a brand new beginning. This one will have a lot more planning put into it and not just all put together within an hour or so. It will be different to the one I've already got. I hope to have this pre-alpha completed soon. So keep watching... :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Good Luck starting over thethethethe

( Hopefully you don't **** up the project by doing this, I've seen it happen a lot of Restarts )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back