• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Alright, thanks. Another question then. In order to transfer from 3rd gen to 4th, I am using Pal Park, right? So how exactly do I "catch" an egg in a pal park?

You can't transfer eggs to Pal Park, but they can be transferred to 5th Gen through use of that games' Poke Transfer system.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
a little question is the position of feebas is fixed?

What do you mean? Like, in Mt. Coronet where you can catch Feebas, there are 4 predetermined spots where you can catch him? No. Unfortunately not. Everyday, the 4 random spots change where to fish for a Feebas in Mt. Coronet. In Diamond/Pearl you also have to fish with a Super Rod.

But, only in Platinum, Feebas can be caught in the "Fog room" of Mt. Coronet with every Rod available.

Rinna

Uhm..woof?
Years
In, HG, I'm at the Dragon Gym, and I was wondering..

Is Swinub a good choice if I level it up, or should I look for another Ice Type? I can't fully remember my team, but here's what I remember.

Lvl 31 Quilava
Lvl 30+ Ampharos
Lvl 30+ Red Gyarados
Lvl 30 Machoke

Years
In, HG, I'm at the Dragon Gym, and I was wondering..

Is Swinub a good choice if I level it up, or should I look for another Ice Type? I can't fully remember my team, but here's what I remember.

Lvl 31 Quilava
Lvl 30+ Ampharos
Lvl 30+ Red Gyarados
Lvl 30 Machoke

Swinub is pretty decent, once you can get it to Piloswine it'll get a decent stat boost. If you have a Heart Scale you can relearn Ancient Power to evolve Piloswine to Mamoswine when it gains a level knowing the move.

Aside from that your team's looking fine for the battle against Clair, Ice moves should be able to deal with the Dragonairs. A good Electric move from your Ampharos should be able to take down Gyarados. It's mainly that Kingdra of hers you have to watch out for since it hits pretty hard and has just a single weakness to Dragon, which is something you'll most likely be lacking move or Pokemon-wise at that point.

Her team's levels range from 38-41. Kingdra being obviously the highest-leveled one. If you are lacking Dragon-type moves to deal with Kingdra, you can just basically try level grinding but be warned the wild Pokemon are quite weak level-wise, which is one of the bad things going for HG/SS.

Good luck!

Years
Guys, I need someone to help me out here.

1. After 20th May, we'll only be able to trade on Soulsilver by Local Wireless thingy, which is in pokecenters, right?

2. Can you trade eggs over that localo thingy.

3. How do you trade exactly? If someone feels like giving me a summary of a step by step procedure that'd be really awesome. I haven't started the game yert so I'd like to know everything in advance.

Years
Guys, I need someone to help me out here.

1. After 20th May, we'll only be able to trade on Soulsilver by Local Wireless thingy, which is in pokecenters, right?

2. Can you trade eggs over that localo thingy.

3. How do you trade exactly? If someone feels like giving me a summary of a step by step procedure that'd be really awesome. I haven't started the game yert so I'd like to know everything in advance.

1. Yes. Once the DS wi-fi server closes, you can only do local trading. And yes it's accessed in any Pokemon Center.

2. You mean that spin trading with the eggs? That's a yes as well since it doesn't involve wi-fi.

3. In 4th Gen you can trade as soon as you have at least two Pokemon. There's no requirement to have the first Gym Badge or anything.

Years
1. Yes. Once the DS wi-fi server closes, you can only do local trading. And yes it's accessed in any Pokemon Center.

2. You mean that spin trading with the eggs? That's a yes as well since it doesn't involve wi-fi.

3. In 4th Gen you can trade as soon as you have at least two Pokemon. There's no requirement to have the first Gym Badge or anything.

Idk what is the spin trading.

So I can trade eggs via local trading before getting a first badge, after 20th May?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 20, 2014
Pearl to White 2

I have a question on the Pokeman Transfer feature. Do you need to defeat both the Elite four in Pokemon Pearl and White 2 to transfer from Pearl to White 2? or do you just need to defeat the elite four in White 2?

Side question: To use the Pokemon transfer, can you use a 3DS and a Normal DS (when transferring Pokemon from Pearl to White 2) ? or do they both need to be normal DS?

Years
In Gen IV games, you can transfer your Pokémon at any time provided they're in the PC box. But in White 2, you'll have to get to the Poké Transfer Lab, which is on Route 15, to transfer them, so yeah you'll have to beat the game in that but not Gen IV.

And yes, you can Poké Transfer between a normal DS and a 3DS.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2018
POKEGTS?

I think this most be the right place to post this, but I need help with POKEGTS and transferring pokemon into my 3ds. (Pokemon Platinum) Its not working, it might be because of the internet. I changed my DNS to the right settings and everything. The internet works, ive tested it my 3ds settings. What is wrong? It also doesn't work on 5th gen either. Please help, post here or pm me.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Hey there, if you're looking to transfer Pokemon from previous generations to Pokemon X and Y, you'll need to purchase a Pokemon Bank account and download the Poke Transporter. More information on a Pokemon Bank and the like can be found here.

Anyway, quick questions belong in the 4th Gen Help Thread so I'll just go ahead and move this into there. C:

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
Years
hey guys I'm just looking for some good tips to defeat the factory head thorton, I've been trying for awhile now and he's really difficult for some reason. I've tried facing him for like 4 times now and he keeps beating me, so any good tips maybe?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
hey guys I'm just looking for some good tips to defeat the factory head thorton, I've been trying for awhile now and he's really difficult for some reason. I've tried facing him for like 4 times now and he keeps beating me, so any good tips maybe?

There's not much that can be done due to the Battle Factory being all about random Pokemon; you don't really know what the enemy will be using, aside from the clues you get from the assistant. That being said, it's not impossible :p.
The best thing to do would be to try and gather a large range of types, diverse selections to be able to take anything the opponent will throw at you. Expect the unexpected and be ready for it, with a team of diverse types and attacks you won't be touched.

A good idea of mine would be to try and get a bulky attacker, wall and sweeper, while this may be impossible due to the randomising nature of the Battle Factory, those are the 3 strategies of Pokemon selection you should go for to ensure a chance to take hits, and give hits. Try to use the scientist's assistance as much as possible, too. Hope this helped!

Years
If I trade a Pokemon from Leafgreen in German to Platinum (and from Pt to White/W2/etc) by using Pal Park (by putting LG into GBA slot), can I perform Masuda Method?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If I trade a Pokemon from Leafgreen in German to Platinum (and from Pt to White/W2/etc) by using Pal Park (by putting LG into GBA slot), can I perform Masuda Method?

Masuda Method should work with any Pokémon, I believe, regardless of which game you get them from. :] If I'm wrong, guys, then feel free to correct me.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
Years
Best Gen 4 game?

Hey all,

I just bought a ds lite (a little behind, I know), and want to start playing Pokemon again. I want to start off in gen 4, but I have no idea which game to get first.

Any suggestions? I would appreciate if you would provide some reason for your answer as well.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back