• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond hack: Pokémon DarkDiamond

Should I replace the Galactic Grunt and Admin battle themes with N's battle themes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I think that many people would wonder, how you were able to insert the scripts (including me.)
Therefore i thought that you could maybe tell us which programs you use?
BTW this looks like it's going to be very good.
Keep up the good work

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I have been working on inserting Brendan, and I have his overworld and front sprite. In this picture you can see a battle with Cynthia, which has her BW sprite. This battle is only for test, so it won't appear in the final game:

diamondp_16_21319.png

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Hey I like the verse screen. =D It looks pretty cool. Especially Brendan. Also, let me get this straight. Is this a DS hack of Diamond, correct? I read comments above saying Emerald/FireRed. Also, I like the HG/SS 3D models. =) Good luck on this hack. It seems pretty nice so far.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
I know it probally doesn't matter, but I have a revamped Brendan/May/Wally sprite for DS you could use.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I know it probally doesn't matter, but I have a revamped Brendan/May/Wally sprite for DS you could use.

Well, I already have this one from Coronis, but send it to me if you want, because I'm giving credit to Coronis but maybe he won't let me use his sprite. And I haven't planned for now to insert May and Wally...

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... it's great that we're seeing more 4th generation hacks on the forums these days. It just shows that we don't really need to wait for a map editor to be made. ;)

You could maybe try changing the possition of the texture models via a hex editor, I'm sure if one is to learn how to do it then it would become more easier to do. I have to learn to hex edit a NDS file.
Then of course learning how to editing the values of the movement permissions on the squares.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Hm... it's great that we're seeing more 4th generation hacks on the forums these days. It just shows that we don't really need to wait for a map editor to be made. ;)

You could maybe try changing the possition of the texture models via a hex editor, I'm sure if one is to learn how to do it then it would become more easier to do. I have to learn to hex edit a NDS file.
Then of course learning how to editing the values of the movement permissions on the squares.

Yes, I know how to do it, but I don't think I will need it, although maybe I will edit some maps, but only minor changes.

Also, I have fixed A LOT of bugs in the game, and I have corrected the instrument glitches with the BW tracks I inserted. Now we even have remixes!

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
Hello, I'm back again, and I have a big announcement for you: I won't use FireRed anymore, I'm now using Emerald. This change was made due to some issues with FireRed. So please, I need to change "Firered hack:" to "Emerald hack:"
If you think it's possible. Emerald, I learned from a friend, is very unstable. What problems with firered were you experiencing?
EDIT: nvm Since i saw you switched back to a diamond hack, I just love the idea! If you need any spriting done at all, just pm me. I'd love to learn how to hack nds roms too.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
I think that many people would wonder, how you were able to insert the scripts (including me.)
Well I don't. It isn't that difficult to script on nds.

Therefore i thought that you could maybe tell us which programs you use?
BTW this looks like it's going to be very good.
Keep up the good work

He probably used PPRE and a program like BTX Editor and PokeDSPicDP.

BTW Pichu, this hack is gonna be great! Keep up the great work! Question: How did you inserted the new buildings? I can't find a program like that for my hack...

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Question: How did you inserted the new buildings? I can't find a program like that for my hack...

I'm not going to show you how I did it FOR NOW, because I want this hack to be the first with this feature. But I'm sure that if you know a bit of hex and how the DS filesystem works you'll be able to do it. Afterall, it's not too complicated, and you'll only have to face problems with the textures.

pokewalker

Years
I'm not going to show you how I did it FOR NOW, because I want this hack to be the first with this feature. But I'm sure that if you know a bit of hex and how the DS filesystem works you'll be able to do it. Afterall, it's not too complicated, and you'll only have to face problems with the textures.

Problem is that I'm hacking HGSS and I can't find the right narc file.

EDIT: If you won't tell me then please tell me how you did edit the game's logo at the start of the game... In return I'll tell you how to edit the game's pictogram!

Last edited:

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Merry Christmas to all of you!

I have a Christmas gift for you. It's on the first page, under the "Downloads" section...

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I have fixed the UPS patch. Now it should work fine with the Diamond rom. If not, try to use the "create new file" function and check the "bypass checksum" option.

n0rul3s

Exploring Unova....
Years
Hey!This hack is awesome!
I played it on my DS 3 times xD
If it`s anything I can help you it (sprites and sprites insertion) Tell Me!
I`ll gladly help :D

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Nice hack but I prefer that you also change the female character and the rival.

I like the characters from DP, so I will keep them. They are not bad, I think.

Also, thanks to all the fans of this hack, Google has indexed "Pokémon DarkDiamond". This is great news, and I have decided to create a dedicated website to it. It's now under construction, but here's the link: http://pkmndarkdiamond.uphero.com

n0rul3s

Exploring Unova....
Years
Hey all!
I`m here to tell you aboutPokemon Dark Diamond`s 1st EVENT!
SiteEvent.PNG

From today on `till the site will be ready you have the chance to get a NPC in the game!! The event it`s actually a contest!
Yep,a contest.
A Pokemon Dark Diamond Trailer Contest!
So,Start today your Trailer!
Download the game so far and make a trailer out of it!
The judges will be Me (n0rul3s) and Spiky-Eared Pichu!
Rules:
-Don`t put other games video in you Trailer! (That means you will be
disqualified )
-Try to make it look decent,you can use how many effects you want!
-The videos will be uploaded on Youtube,after that you`ll PM Spiky-Eared Pichu or tell me on MSN:
[email protected].
-We`ll choose 2 winners!One me and one Spiky-Eared Pichu!
-Don`t put the video here!! (it`s a rom hack thread after all).

NOW....
3!
2!
1!
THE CONTEST IT`S OPENED FOR YOU ALL!!

UPDATE:

I`ve made a form:
Name:
Npc Sprites:
Npc Location(Only PokeCenters!):
1."Hi~! I`m <Winner> the winner that <Judge> chose!"
2."Hello,I`m <Winner> glad to meet you!"
3."Heya! I won a Trailer Contest!.......Jealous?"
4."Umm..Oh! Hello I`m <Winner> from the 1st event!"

Example:
Name:n0rul3s
Npc Sprites: "link to the sprites"
Npc Location:Solaceon PC

Good Luck!,n0rul3s

Last edited:

pokewalker

Years
Hey all!
I`m here to tell you aboutPokemon Dark Diamond`s 1st EVENT!
SiteEvent.PNG

From today on `till the site will be ready you have the chance to get a NPC in the game!! The event it`s actually a contest!
Yep,a contest.
A Pokemon Dark Diamond Trailer Contest!
So,Start today your Trailer!
Download the game so far and make a trailer out of it!
The judges will be Me (n0rul3s) and Spiky-Eared Pichu!
Rules:
-Don`t put other games video in you Trailer! (That means you will be
disqualified )
-Try to make it look decent,you can use how many effects you want!
-The videos will be uploaded on Youtube,after that you`ll PM Spiky-Eared Pichu or tell me on MSN:
[email protected].
-We`ll choose 2 winners!One me and one Spiky-Eared Pichu!
-Don`t put the video here!! (it`s a rom hack thread after all).

NOW....
3!
2!
1!
THE CONTEST IT`S OPENED FOR YOU ALL!!
Good Luck!,n0rul3s

Nice contest... I'll make one when I'll have time to do so. An NPC in-game is nice, but... I'm making a ds hack where I'll obviously have a NPC in-game :P So it's not something very special for me :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back