• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga My Favorite Anime Character Is...

User Anon 1848

This guy. Whenever critics of Dragon Ball say it has no character development I point to his overall arc across the series. He started off as a two dimensional villain who wasn't supposed to stick around until fan support prompted Toriyama to bring him back and flesh out his character. Watching him gradually grow from a ruthless warrior who had no qualms with killing anyone and only cared about obtaining power into a family man who grew to care for those around him was something I could appreciate even as a kid. It helped that Chris Sabat brought out more humor and personality in him too. Funimation gets a lot of rightful criticism for the liberties they take with the script but I think they made him a funner character without contradicting his portrayal in the source material. Anti-heroes are my favorite character trope when they're written well and Vegeta is one of the best examples of the trope done right.

Years
  • Chirico Cuvie from Armored Trooper VOTOMS

I don't always watch obscure 80's mecha anime (what am I saying, of course I do,) but when I do, I prefer VOTOMS. Chirico stands in my mind as the gold standard of how to do a silent protagonist. Silent protagonists in other shows often come across as way too edgy, way too moody, or just plain underdeveloped, but Chirico is definitely none of those things. He's extremely (and believably) skilled, and it's just too fun to watch the villains tear their hair out trying to do him in.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • Nagisa Shiota.

Not sure why, but I feel like I can relate to him.
    Also, its fun to watch him grow as a person, and as a student. i was inspired by him to at least give things a little more effort, and to try harder to do stuff. And potentially my second favorite although could be my favorite...

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I would like to add Shizuma Hanazono to my list. I loves me a relateable, gay, stoic, depressive girl.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Archer from Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works,he's prestige is unique , he's cool and skilled in battle.
    I am the bone of my sword...

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2021
    Mine is probably Rem from Re:Zero (No specific reason) or Hitoka Yachi from Haikyuu (Also no reason).

Also I can't forget my profile pic: Zenitsu from Kimetsu No Yaiba cuz I like that he adds some comedy to the show and I think his unconscious/OP form is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2020
    Hm... Idk... I really like Polnareff, Kakyoin, and Joseph from Jojo, as well as Rohan... where I am now, probably Kakyoin... for the memes ;3

Actually wait. Best boy is ACTUALLY best waifu Speedwagon-

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2020
    It is not easy to choose between Kurapika from HxH and Light Yagami, I like them for the same reason: because they are intelligent and strategic minded.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • My favorite character will always be Yusei Fudo! He genuinely inspired me during my darkest times, and I've changed so much as a person thanks to his influence. ^^ I really appreciate the way he cherishes little things that others regard as worthless, as well as how he can still view the world from a pure-hearted lens despite living his entire life under the cruelest circumstances. Even when his beliefs are dismissed as overly naive, he still remains true to himself and fights for his ideals—protecting important bonds and re-shaping the cruel society surrounding his home.

This was exactly the kind of inspiration I needed during my teenage years, and I'm very grateful I had the chance to experience Yusei's journey in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's! :)

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Without a doubt Ryo Marufuji/Zane Truesdale from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX.

singlehandedly got me loving Cyber Dragons, which is a blessing and a curse in and of itself. His character in the first season I felt the most connected with due to the way he dueled. 2nd season was just a bit... we don't talk about it (bad cyberdarks, BAD).

My favorite character will always be Yusei Fudo! He genuinely inspired me during my darkest times, and I've changed so much as a person thanks to his influence. ^^ I really appreciate the way he cherishes little things that others regard as worthless, as well as how he can still view the world from a pure-hearted lens despite living his entire life under the cruelest circumstances. Even when his beliefs are dismissed as overly naive, he still remains true to himself and fights for his ideals—protecting important bonds and re-shaping the cruel society surrounding his home.

This was exactly the kind of inspiration I needed during my teenage years, and I'm very grateful I had the chance to experience Yusei's journey in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's! :)

Yusei for me woulda been a close 2nd or 3rd for me, 5D's probably is my favorite series of the 6, not to mention Yusei finding value in every card is something I'd never see.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Without a doubt Ryo Marufuji/Zane Truesdale from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX.

singlehandedly got me loving Cyber Dragons, which is a blessing and a curse in and of itself. His character in the first season I felt the most connected with due to the way he dueled. 2nd season was just a bit... we don't talk about it (bad cyberdarks, BAD).

Yusei for me woulda been a close 2nd or 3rd for me, 5D's probably is my favorite series of the 6, not to mention Yusei finding value in every card is something I'd never see.

OMG, hold on!! Are you the real IV from Zexal?!? O_O Good thing my username isn't Shark anymore, otherwise we'd have to be archrivals! Haha, I kid, but it still makes me super happy to see another person here who has watched 5D's and Zexal!

Back on topic, I really like Ryo as well! He was my second favorite character in GX, with my number one favorite being his little brother, Sho! Just as you mentioned, Ryo's dueling style was very admirable—I thought it was nice how someone as powerful as him always respects his opponents. It made him come off as a very approachable person, in contrast to other characters of a similar caliber who often act more arrogant or cold-hearted!

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • OMG, hold on!! Are you the real IV from Zexal?!? O_O Good thing my username isn't Shark anymore, otherwise we'd have to be archrivals! Haha, I kid, but it still makes me super happy to see another person here who has watched 5D's and Zexal!

Back on topic, I really like Ryo as well! He was my second favorite character in GX, with my number one favorite being his little brother, Sho! Just as you mentioned, Ryo's dueling style was very admirable—I thought it was nice how someone as powerful as him always respects his opponents. It made him come off as a very approachable person, in contrast to other characters of a similar caliber who often act more arrogant or cold-hearted!

oh boy already made an archrival i see. I've been trying to catch up on the newer series tbh!

Back