• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Help: Let's Play: to Nuzlocke or not to Nuzlocke

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    As the title says, if you were to watch/play an LP would you rather it be a Nuzlocke or regular gameplay? Are pokemon games too easy for you and you need the self-imposed challenge, or are the games perfect the way they are right out of the box?

Or, instead of a strict black-and-white division, do you fall into the gray middle? Perhaps you would prefer a "soft" Nuzlocke run that only applies some of the standard rules. Maybe you even make up your own unique rule to use.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I watch very few LPs, but whether or not it's a nuzlocke doesn't really affect the video quality imo. But then again, I'm weird. I'd think it's likely that more people overall prefer watching challenge runs - especially if it's gameplay of a game that's not at all new - rather than pure vanilla.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • yeah i would def rather watch a challenge than a vanilla run, and a nuzlocke at that! it makes people more invested in the outcome when there are stakes :) i personally rarely play challenges but i enjoy other peoples runs!

Years
  • I do watch a lot of Pokemon LP's, but I don't favour a specific one over the other since I do enjoy watching both challenges and standard LP's.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If I'm watching someone do an LP then I prefer them to be challenges. I've always enjoyed watching people do Nuzlocke/Wedlocke runs over normal gameplay tbh.

Back