• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The First Game You've Beaten

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
  • Of all the games you've played up until now, what game in the long list of games I'm sure the Video Game Section player's have tried, was the first you have completed. What game was it and how old were you when you beat it? Remember, the first game you ever beat, doesn't matter which game, if you can't remember, pick the one you can remember.

Partir!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    This is good, I cannot remember that far back but my earliest memory would be on Age of Mythology, it is an RTS. I was just playing a skirmish match and I think I was 4 or 5

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've played a lot of games, but the first I've actually beaten was… well, aside from Pokémon Blue, I think it was Star Fox 64. (: Managed to complete the game when I was about eight or nine. During the final level, I was required to battle against a gigantic gorilla known as "Andross." Whenever you shoot at him, part of his body would get damaged. Once the part is completely destroyed, it'd break away from his body. Once your destroy all of his body, the only things that would remain are his eyes. His eyes would float around the air as if they're possessed by ghosts, and they're extremely hard to shoot. Once you get them defeated, though, then successfully taken down Andross. This isn't the end, though. Now, a major explosion would occur, and you'd have to get out of the place before your Arwing gets wrecked. This takes a lot of skill, and if you make one mistake, then you would be stuck in the place, get hurt by the explosion, and lose one of your lives. If you have extra lives, then you'll get to replay this part until you escape out of the place place. If you can't, then game over!

I was pretty close to completing Super Mario 64 as well, but couldn't get the job done, since there were about five - six left for me to collect. xD I did collect them eventually, but that was after beating Star Fox 64.

TY

The first game i've actually beaten is Command and Counquer: Tiberian Sun: Firestorm.
    Yes, not the game, the expansion... it felt a lot easier, though the last mission was a pain in the butt (Core Defender ruining all my mining bases D: )

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • Oh man this is a difficult one as it has been years since then..It may of been Sonic 2 on the Genesis or Mickey Mouse in Castle of Illusion on the Genesis as well.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • The first game I beat was the Pokemon TCG game for Game Boy Color, which was actually the first Pokemon game I ever played, and the first game I owned. I guess you can say that the game started my love for Pokemon, as I started watching the anime after beating it, then got more Pokemon games for Christmas that year, which happened to be Red, Blue, Yellow, and Gold versions.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Super Mario Land 2 for the GB, I got it for my 7th birthday and it took me a full month (in easy mode!). I think I could beat it on normal in a single evening if I tried right now.

Years
  • I really couldn't tell you. Back when I was little I'd play games and never really finish them... the first game I have a clear memory of beating is Super Mario Galaxy, but I could have beaten some before that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Pocket Monsters Red, I think. As for a more interesting answer, my second completed game is probably Shogun: Total War as the Shimazu, generally thought of as the easiest clan to play, a status it retains in Total War: Shogun 2. The reasons being that they start on Kyūshū (island with many small provinces) and are among the first to get access to firearms. DLC brought the Otomo to Shogun 2, whom are arguably easier, but since they start Christian they suffer an effectively universal diplomatic penalty that is difficult to surmount.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Yeah, I believe the first game that I officially finished was Pokemon Blue, with Pokemon Yellow following after that. Let me tell you, it was quite the tricky experience trying to finish the rest of the games that I played... For one thing, I was kind of bad at Super Mario Bros. Well, 'bad' as in, I couldn't get the timing of Mario's jumps down perfectly, and it always ended up with me bumping me against a goomba or something. Or falling to my death. The Legend of Zelda for NES had a really big over world, so, I of course was lost in Hyrule constantly, ahaha. Which was a really bad thing too, because there were places where you'd be 'in the wrooong neighborhood' so to speak, so, the enemies are way to tough w/ your lack of hearts and items.

I believe I was 9 years old when I beat Pokemon Blue, where I started to fully understand some of the mechanics of pokemon Blue, like, raising pokemon other than your pokemon starter, and actually using type match-ups to your advantage. Squirtle saved me a lot of grief in the Rock Tunnel, for example, ahaha. Hm, after I beat Pokemon Yellow, I tried my hand at beat the N64 games, which included Star Fox 64, Kirby 64, Mario 64, and the Ocarina of Time. I finally beat them when I was 12 or so, but it was quite the experience!

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2015
    Crash Bandicoot: Tag Team Racing, twice actually when I was eight or nine. I came close to finishing Lego Star Wars, I can't quite remember the age.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2013
    first game i beat was super mario 2 and it was insanely difficult. the game i beat the most times is probably ff7.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • I'm almost certain it was the original Super Mario Bros and I was like 7 or 8. Might have been something earlier on Atari or he PC but I cannot recall.

Years
  • The first game that I managed to beat was Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Still, it must've taken me years to actually beat it, as the first time I played it I was 4, and I just can't see 4 year old me completing a video game of any difficulty.

Now, I could probably beat Sonic 2 with my eyes closed, and have finished it well over 100 times at this point.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I'm not quite sure since I don't remember very well, but I think the original Spyro at 3-5.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    it depends on your definition of the term complete. If you mean just beat the story and nothing else, then for me it was Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped. If you mean actually going out of your way to find and collect every single item and beating every stage, then for me it was either New Super Mario bros, Kirby Superstar or Kirby 64 the crystal shards

braixen

the supreme meme
    Years
  • my first would have to be yoshi's story. lol i loved that game to death when i was younger even though it scared the crap out of me when your yoshis got taken away. i think i was about 8 or 9 years old

Back