• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
That makes it more likely that I get the Switch online service.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Man I really wish people would be interested in more than just Overwatch tournaments : \

It is fast turning into the new Call of Duty imo...

Yay being a minority gamer now..... : (

TN Coden

A deeply confused man
Years
Man I really wish people would be interested in more than just Overwatch tournaments : \

I hear you, I haven't even played it yet.

Just gonna stick to Dark Souls shitposting while sipping some moscato.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years

It was voted Game of the Year for 2016 by many video game reviewers, so I don't see how it's a new Call of Duty let alone resemble it in anyway...it's a popular game that is hyou ghost supported, so of course we're going to capitalize on that.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Less about quality more about what looks to me as unreasonable popularity. Plus I see it still and forever as a tf2 clone. I think LoL would have been a better game to compare it to... stupidly popular and I don't see why as it looks very boring to me.

Either way it more importantly leaves those of us who dont own or dont want to own the game SOL for the majority of events here. Not that it seems the majority really want to play anything else : /

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
checklist for what's happening mainly in the gaming land:
- New guns in MWR already there - Kem 12, XM-LAR, and .44 Magnum. First impressions => Kem12 = AA12 with less bullsh*t but strictly as a primary since thank god MWR has shotguns strictly as primaries. I personally do not want to experience Shotgun secondaries once again in 2017.

- XM-LAR is sorta stupidly good. Basically its the one-night stand lovechild of the AK47 and the G36c. Basically the rate of fire of the G36c but with the damage per bullet of the AK47. (750rpm + 2 shot KO with stopping power). Its kinda busted right now, OP as f**k. Heck, it may be the new "cancer" weapon in the game second only to the still cancerous M16.

How to unlock those new weapons some may ask? VIA SUPPLY DROPS! basically by unlocking other things first. Complete a set of items by unlocking them via Supply drops or by in-game currency and voila! your new weapon.

But hey, Raven Software finally fixed Collaterals. It took 2 months.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Less about quality more about what looks to me as unreasonable popularity. Plus I see it still and forever as a tf2 clone. I think LoL would have been a better game to compare it to... stupidly popular and I don't see why as it looks very boring to me.
I don't really know if I'd call it unreasonable. Blizzard had one hell of a marketing campaign behind the game pretty much since its announcement and let the hype do the rest after the fact.

Along with getting 3rd parties to sponsor the game absolutely everywhere. It was a pretty scary time.

Not that I disagree with your main point. Hell, for most of the latter half of 2016 this was basically PCWatch. I dunno if it was because it was the only thing being suggested or everyone really was just that into it or the former resulting from the latter, but it was everywhere. Still is, looking at the thumbnail. And whether we'll really branch out from that anytime soon is beyond me. This is the first time PC's been so interested in any one thing- well, other than Pokemon, of course.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I don't really know if I'd call it unreasonable. Blizzard had one hell of a marketing campaign behind the game pretty much since its announcement and let the hype do the rest after the fact.

Along with getting 3rd parties to sponsor the game absolutely everywhere. It was a pretty scary time.

Not that I disagree with your main point. Hell, for most of the latter half of 2016 this was basically PCWatch. I dunno if it was because it was the only thing being suggested or everyone really was just that into it or the former resulting from the latter, but it was everywhere. Still is, looking at the thumbnail. And whether we'll really branch out from that anytime soon is beyond me. This is the first time PC's been so interested in any one thing- well, other than Pokemon, of course.

The thumbnail was a default one selected by the admins, it's being changed to something more video games generic so it appeases to more people. That being said, this is just the trend of popular games on PC; same happened with Super Smash Bros and League of Legends before which had huge mega threads and events centered around them.

A point more directed to everyone than just you two; if y'all want events around different games, get discussion threads going about said games and if it garners enough discussion than it most likely will be tried to be made into an event. That's how we - and I'm sure you did this as well when you modded, machomuu- choose which games we do events around because they have a higher chance of being successful. Overwatch is highly supported by both the devs and by the community which is why topics continue to center around that game today. If y'all want to change that, then start creating discussion threads about different games and we'll go from there.

Edit: Just read Cooler's post after making this so if there are redundant points it was unintentional.

Last edited:

User19sq

I didn't want to make a thread on this, soImma just ask here, if it's okay:

Anybody know how to get in contact with ZUN, the developer of the Touhou games? I wanted to use a name in my own work, but it turns out he's responsible for coming up with it, and I wanted to get his permission first (or rejection).

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I didn't want to make a thread on this, soImma just ask here, if it's okay:

Anybody know how to get in contact with ZUN, the developer of the Touhou games? I wanted to use a name in my own work, but it turns out he's responsible for coming up with it, and I wanted to get his permission first (or rejection).
That's...huh. That's an interesting question.

You want to you a name? So basically you wanna make a reference? What's the name in question?

User19sq

That's...huh. That's an interesting question.

You want to you a name? So basically you wanna make a reference? What's the name in question?

Not a reference; actually name a character the same name: Remilia. It resounds in me like "Zelda" did to Miyamoto, only "Zelda" is an actual name and "Remilia" isn't. Hence my problem. XD

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
You need to give ZUN a keg of beer that he might like in order for him to notice you.

In other regards, I'm starting to convince myself that in the near future, I should play some Rainbow Six Siege mainly for sh*ts and giggles, and not to mention, for what it is, its one of the rare Shooters that portrays women quite well without any form of pandering whatsoever. I mean you take a good look at the female operators and ALL of them look decent without looking too cliche and otherwise.

K in all seriousness, I like the way that R6 Siege handles its portrayal of characters. Sure they are basically counter terrorism units (CTUs) and you'd think they won't have much personality because HURHURHURShooterGameHURHURHUR but I found them to be quite noticeable. And as mentioned previously, even the women are portrayed well.

tldr; i played R6 siege via a friend letting me play while he was busy with his girlfriend so he let me play a few rounds of Siege, and unfortunately i got clapped really hard in my games. But it was a learning experience.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Interesting.

The second content pack sounds more appealing of the two, but I guess this just means I'll definitely hold off on getting the Switch for a while. I was tempted to get the Switch at release with Zelda, but now I'll probably wait until the end of 2017 once both DLCs have been released. Pretty sure there will be some good holiday deals around that time anyway.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
So anyone looking forward to any video games coming out soon? (:

Salute the sun!

...sorry.

Dark-Souls-games-gif-door-1067706.gif

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Xin actually playing Xin Zhao. Its been a while but I'll definitely need to work harder
eLd1gEM.jpg

I don't know about you mother mukkers but I'm enjoying some Sniper Elite 4 while I'm looking forward to Prey 2017 which has its May 5 release date.

JwslVRZ.jpg

and yes Testicle shots. We need more of that in our shooty shooty bang bang games.

Back