• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would your Gym be! What badge number and Pokémon?

IronScyther

7th Gym Leader Bug trainer
Years
  • I'm a trainer and I took over the 7th gym for Blaine on Cinnabar Island after he retired. He finds me training against Tentacruel off of the old cinnabar island for the Eliet Four (heart gold) and notices my Pokémon's fierce will to fight and get back up. He asks me if I would entertain an old man for a few hours and he get to telling me his old wat stories and a excellent trainer he once meet named Red, after we get to know each other he asks me to battle but the trick is I can only use the Pokémon on me and they have to be the same type. I look in my bag and out of all 6 pokeballs I only have two of the same type. He then Grabs two Pokémon from his belt and throws out his Ninetails and Arcanine. I smirk and release my Heracross and Scyther. After the intense battle his Arcanine is face to face with Scyther both exhausted as the island is charred and smashed from the battle in a last ditch effort I throw out a metal coat to Scyther which then evolves her into Scizor using roost she revived her HP and becomes stronger. Using Scizor's new strength she charges up and releases out giga impact knocking out Arcanine out cold. Blaine impressed with the battle asks me if I would give my dreams of being the Pokémon master up so I could take over his gym. I smile

Name: Mikey
    Type: Bug
    Gym: 7th
    Maze: Get to the top of the volcano with boulders in your way
    Badge: Larva Badge
    Gift: TM 62 (Silver Wind)

Pokémon:
    [Venomoth] 45
    -Sleep Powder
    - Giga Drain
    -Silver Wind
    -Psychic

[Heracross] 48
    -Aerial Ace
    -Horn Attack
    -Brick Break
    -Megahorn

[Scizor] 49
    -Roost
    -Iron Head
    -X-Scissor
    -Giga Impact

Intro: Huh...you made it to the top of the mountain! Well let's see how long you can stay there.

Win: Don't feel to bad I trained with the best!

Lose: Wow is still amazes me of the talent that always seems to make it to this island.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Ice and Normal are tied for my favorite type, so I made teams for both of those. However, Bug is also up there and probably closer to what I'd use IRL since looking for and taking pics of insects is one of my favorite hobbies.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    My favorite type is Poison. Would probably be 7th or 8th gym.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I'd specialize in Fairy types and I'd be the 8th gym leader!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I would be Normal-Type Gym Leader. It would be about 4th Gym and first really challenging. I would use 2 teams. One for "fast" attackers and one for slowly bulk Pokémon.

My "fast" team would be:
    _ambipom.gif
    lopunny-mega.gif
    cinccino.gif
    stantler.gif

And slow team:
    snorlax.gif
    audino-mega.gif
    slaking.gif
    wigglytuff.gif

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Fairy type definitely! I see myself being a 2nd or 3rd gym tbh. I'd troll by using lots of potions. :p

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • i'd like to think i'm a chill gym leader, preferably 2nd gym :P\

I think I'm a Normal type gym leader. so not too much pkmn, like 2 - 3

Meowth, Munchlax, and Stufful. a bit boring honestly hahaha

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    I'll pick the role as a Dark-type Gym, given it's notorious scarcity.

The puzzle would have three corridors shrouded in darkness, two of them are rife with pitfalls that have Trainers come outta nowhere like ninjas or magicians whenever you fall to the rooms below.

As a Gym Leader; me and my subordinates would make full use of varying battling styles with each Pokémon. Offense, defense, even stall.

My main team:
    Spoiler:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • You know what? Forget types, my gym will be based off of the theme of Pokémon who are draconic. So basically, Pokémon who are either a Dragon-type or Pokémon who are in the Dragon Egg Group or any reptile who's not in the group. After seeing Raihan's gym, I wanted to see more of Pokémon basing gyms off of themes rather than types. My gym will be based in a castle filled with artwork from the bestiary (all drawn by me), dragon statues, and the like and the player has to find clues (interacting with trainers, exploring rooms, etc) to find keys to eventually unlock the main gate leading to me. The player sees the 8th gym leader standing before them in a grand courthouse, the trumpets roar as the challenge has been accepted. I see that the challengers' Pokémon is injured so for a fair duel, I ask them to enjoy some food and rest for a little bit before fighting me at night. Afterwards, the challenge can begin and before the trainer stands this team:
    Spoiler:

I haven't thought of any quotes yet but I award the trainer with the Royal Badge (will make art of that too) and I give the trainer TM 99 Breaking Swipe. Should the trainer fail, they will have to train harder before doing the challenge all over again.

(This might be on the tougher side and definitely different but people have been wanting the games to be tougher as well as the formula to be shaken up. Of course, if the difficulty selection is back then the Pokémon's levels and movesets can be decreased or increased.)

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • Really though, it would be similar in ways to Blackthorne City/Village of Dragons.

Dragon type, and I'd actually do something very different and unheard of.

This would be set up as a kingdom full of "loyal subjects", and "knights " etc...that type of thing.

It would definitely have a royal hierarchy feel to it, and here's the twist...to get to and face The King....no trainers... no, no, no...

You must make your way through opposing Dragon types, who would be essentially be treated as overworld eccounters, all guarding the path to the end of the kingdom.

Say for example, you might walk in and there's a Flygon flying in front of you on the overworld...you either approach or he advances towards you, and the battle begins.

This goes on consistently just like any other gym would until you reach the top.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Grass is my favourite type but I'm going to spice it up a bit and pick Poison as the main theme. This would be my team:

Spoiler:

Years
  • I'd probably go with the fire or dark type for my gym, for some reason I really enjoy the middle sections of Pokemon games, so I'd see myself as a 5/6th gym leader!

Years
  • I always figured if I was going to be a Gym Leader, I'd be happy to take over whatever the previous leader's type was and go from there, since it's more about teaching trainers about battling and strategy than it is just being good with a single type.

That said, I'd probably want to be somewhere in the middle of the Gym order (3-5), and maybe use Normal type Pokemon that focus on their secondary types, too. So if I were to have a team of three, I think Pyroar, Sawsbuck, and Bibarel could be fun.

Last edited:
    Years
  • While I have imagined many gym leaders, I must say I hardly ever imagined myself as one. Let's see...

I think I'd like an Electric-type gym, say mid-to-late-game (definitely at least in the thirties by level), with a team that's unorthodox for Electric-types: Emolga, Galvantula, Lanturn, and as my main Pokémon, Ampharos.

The main point of my gym would be to teach challengers that types are versatile and that type matchups alone can't do everything for them, encouraging thinking outside the box and using coverage moves. The first two members of my team are not weak to the Ground type, and the second two are unusually bulky for Electric-types and can take a hit well. All will carry anti-Ground-type coverage moves, making the battle more fun since you probably won't have an easy time trying to waltz in with your Hippowdon thinking you're invulnerable.

An option is that my gym battle be a double battle, in which case I'd also have a partner use Discharge to heal Lanturn, and possibly use Motor Drive Emolga so that it can also absorb Discharges - or better yet, use Parabolic Charge as my gym's TM, herd-hitting and healing all over the place while also using it as to trigger absorbing Abilities. That could be a fun battle.

Last edited:

Roaming Emboar

Unovian Enhtusiast
    Years
  • I would probably be a Dark type gym leader as the 8th leader to be faced.
    My team would be:
    Spiritomb - Payback, Hypnosis, Pain Split, Dream Eater
    Umbreon - Toxic, Payback, Curse, Protect
    Bisharp (Quick Claw)- Psycho Cut, Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave, Payback
    Sableye - Will-o-Wisp, Fake Out, Recover, Disable
    Scrafty (Sitrus Berry)- Fake Out, Toxic, Dragon Dance, Payback
    TM rewarded would most likely be Payback. My Bulky Bois!

Back