• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    LOL of course (fixed that)

I've always been very drawn to animals, so I loved Care of Magical Creatures, too! I think they expand on it more in the books, and it always seemed so cool to me, learning about all these weird creatures. I also have the mini-"textbook" Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and I loved reading about all the magical creatures there, even the ones that don't appear in the main series.

Years
  • I definitely think my favorite class would be Transfiguration or Charms. The former has really neat spells, and the latter has some really practical, efficient spells. :D

If...I had to choose between the two, I guess the adult in me says Charms would be better for day-to-day life.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Definitely DADA. And Flying! Ok, both, it's a tie. I'd LOVE to learn to fly a broomstick and become good at it. But DADA is so fascinating.

5LzIV5P.gif

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

final tally

Adding in the last 2 points updates from Adventure, the final tally is:

And the August House Cup goes to...

GRYFFINDOR!

That concludes the activities for August, and a brand new term will begin for Hogwarts. Start earning points for the September House Cup now!

To kick off the new term, here's a new discussion question:
    Who are your favourite characters in the series, and why?

And remember, do let me know when you've made 5 posts in this thread so I know to award you house points!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yayy! Brave Gryffs (well it's only me maybe, idk)

In the books, I really like the Weasleys. Not Percy perhaps, but the rest are so cool. Fred and George might be my absolute favs (preference for George somehow, he seems like the underdog twin) and Ginny is so sweet and tough too.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Debating whether to join or not(Not a hardcore fan). Never read the books or watched the movies all too much(they seem to be on a ton though...), but I got a few topics of discussion for you all. Favorite film is probably Chamber of Secrets with Professor Lockehart(who acts like me sometimes lol). Anyways, feel free to answer them, if at all.

1) Which Pokemon best represents each House of Hogwarts?
    2) Which Pokemon best represents each character? Ex: Alakzam for Hermione or Female Meowstic instead? Can do as many as you want.
    3) Is Voldemort more insane than any antagonist in Pok?mon? Ex: Ghetsis
    4) Is Blue more of an Asshat than Draco?
    5) Is Ash Pokemon?s version of Harry Potter? Ex: Always manages to save the day while dying but not really dying?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Don't have to be a hardcore fan to join! These are fun questions, I'm gonna answer the first one and give the rest some thought when I get home.

Gryffindor: Pyroar or Arcanine
    Slytherin: I think Serperior is a good fit, it even has that kind of arrogant look to it :p
    Hufflepuff: Linoone
    Ravenclaw: Murkrow, maybe? The "hat" kind of looks like a wizard's hat too, so that works.

@Rika the Weasley twins are actually my favourites, too! I'm more partial to Fred though, he's the bigger troublemaker IIRC and I think he's funnier, but they're both great.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • To answer my own questions:

1) Gryffindor: Pyroar more so than Arcanine. Granted the biased person in me would pick Vulpix/Ninetales(even if it has nothing to do with a Lion). Slytherin: Seviper or Ekans. Ravenclaw: Suggests a majestic Raven or Bird like a Phoenix, hence I?d go with Talonflame. Finally Hufflepuff: Badger so Linoone or Zangoose.

2) Hermione: Gothitelle. Fred and George: Gengar and Sableye? Harry: Serperior. Ron: Timid Squirtle. May do more lol

3) Seeing as Voldemort wanted to purge the world of Non-Pure Wizards and non-magical folk, you?d think he?d win this argument. Thing is, Lysander, Ghetsis and other Pok?mon antagonists wanted to destroy/reshape the world and were indiscriminate or didn?t care who would be harmed by their acts. At least Voldemort?s actions, as deranged as they were, were restrained unlike those in Pok?mon.

4) Draco was an ass but Blue is #1 Asshat

5) Have to say Yes. If Harry Potter is killed but not really killed in the Deathly Hallows finale(not to mention coming close on several occasions), then Ash dying but not dying in several movies has to qualify.

I?ll think about membership btw.

Years
  • Boo, Gryffindor! Boo!!!

To answer the first question - my favorite character in the series is probably Hermione. I think my perspective toward her changed after my most recent read-through. She deals with so much, and is so clever and resourceful.

1) Which Pokemon best represents each House of Hogwarts?
    Wow I agree with Juno 100% on this.
    Pyroar - Gryffindor.
    Serperior - Slytherin
    Murkrow - Ravenclaw
    Linoone - Hufflepuff

3) Is Voldemort more insane than any antagonist in Pok?mon? Ex: Ghetsis
    I wouldn't say he's insane as much as he is obsessed with power.
    4) Is Blue more of an Asshat than Draco?
    Absolutely. There's no question about it.

5) Is Ash Pokemon?s version of Harry Potter? Ex: Always manages to save the day while dying but not really dying?
    Yes. Both give us an eye to the Pokemon world, are the main protagonist/etc.

Years
  • Hello! A member of the pure house of Slytherin, ready to do Salazar proud.

I've always liked this series but only recently became quite strong with my fandom.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I am the face that tried to run the place, i got banned for doing that, and now much like Tyler mother trucking 1, I have reformed. I am the ELITE, I AM THE GREAT, I AM THE PHENOMENAL..

"Xin"
    (working on a new username btw)

and I took my sorting hat test via Pottermore as a recommendation by some of my friends and I was sorted into RAVENCLAW and that was me answering the questions as honestly as i could.

Who are your favourite characters in the series, and why?
    The entire Weasley household so that's Ron, his brothers, his parents, and the sister.

I really love all of the Weasleys since they remind me of what a family looks like, especially how they were portrayed in the Films. Also, Mrs. Weasley reminds me of this auntie of mine who acts rather strict to her children but was and is still super duper nice towards me almost all of the time, kind of like how Mommy Weasley treated Harry most of the time.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Welcome, new students! Tyler is finally less lonely in Slytherin. Gotta start thinking of some new activities, I want to plan something for Halloween, but before that maybe incorporate a Triwizard Tournament somehow.

The Weasleys are super adorable, such a cozy family. I always loved reading about/seeing The Burrow too, it's such a quaint and magical little place.
    Spoiler: deathly hallows stuff
    made the ending of the series so much more sad when their family was torn apart ;__;

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    AAAH

they spend so little time on it in the movie and we didn't see him actually die but it was still so sad, all the Weasleys standing around him crying. It was one of the saddest book deaths for me though:
    Spoiler:

RIP Fred, Weasley twins were my faves :(

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    bwahahaha

Here's the film version too, ft. a bit of Tonks and Remus they were holding hands I can't :'(

Back