• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I'm on a phone rn so this will be quick, but I got them to mod me in here so new members would know who to go to until there's a mod in here, so there's that. It makes me feel better seeing my name there again lol but UGH you guys I really don't like orange lmao.

Second! Would anyone be interested in a challenge index? Myrrhman brought it up long ago, but at the time, I didn't see the need, but now that this section is more popular, I think it's time for one. It would have a link to the challenge, a summary of it, and list who runs it. I think it will be helpful, especially for newcomers looking for a challenge, but don't feel like asking us in here haha. I'll probably make it my weekend project. Thoughts, suggestions, etc are all appreciated!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I actually was thinking about something like that yesterday. There are indexes in some other forums and I think it would help people decide what challenges they should try, and maybe make things a bit less daunting for new players.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • I like the idea of a Challenge index since it will help people see what challenges are active, especially since we have 2 month thread leases in here, and sometimes that means threads go to the bottom and then die because people don't see them.

Also maybe it will keep people from submitting new Nuzlocke threads? lol.

Also, I love that Orange Lighting gif.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Thanks guys! I'll get on it this weekend. And yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing about the nuzlockes, JD. Really hoping it'll help.

Edit: Also could add previous and future Challenge of the Year winners too, so that that's not forgotten and gives people more incentive to try it. I think there have only been two, but still, good way to keep those recognized, especially as we go forward and we'll have more.

Ex. Monocolor Challenge: Use a team of Pokemon that fall into the same color category according to the pokedex. Also won Challenge of the Year for 2012. Currently run by jdthebud.

Something like that but fancier don't worry lol

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Maybe also as challenges die they could be added to a section showing that the challenge is up for grabs for anyone who wants to remake it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yeah, I realize the hardest part will be keepin up woh what dies off because once it's out of sight, it's out of mind too. Usually when things get locked though, people are quick to revive it, so that's a plus.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    I'm still heartbroken over getting a new mod here x.x Momma Syd's the best Altaria to look over this nest but nao that she gained shininess, it's gonna be even harder tolook after the nest T-T
    I hope the foster momma bird is gonna be at least half as amazing .

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Don't worry, I'll be here, new Altaria or not. I'll ensure someone great will take over, and even then, I'll still be around. :) I'm not going anywhere. I helped bring this forum in, after all. It really is my child, haha.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I have no doubt that we'll be seeing plenty of Syd for a long time. And she's still the mod here right now technically, so no crying yet.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Dang, I can't get a free copy of Pokemon X or Y. I don't have any of said games :(

I would like a challenge index. It would let me know which of the challenges are dead without me having to flip pages to find them.

Speaking of dead challenges, I have decided to revamp my Mega Evolution Challenge! I recently learned HTML and CSS (very rudimentary, at that, but enough to suffice) through January and February, and I think I'm ready to apply it to here. Also, it's been 5 months since X and Y came out, plus there's this free thing with Club Nintendo, so I think that enough people will have the game now in order for the challenge to have regular posts, at least once a week. Also, since Spring Break is coming up, I couldn't think of a better time to re-release it. Just, uh, forget what I said about taking it down, ok, Jak? Thanks.

My 3DS should be here soon! I'm so impatient... >:(

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Did I already lock it? I don't remember. I know you wanted me to lock some and I did. If it was long ago though, you're better off starting fresh.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    It was around December-January. Yeah, I planned to start fresh anyways, so you can delete the old one if you want, just let me get the rules first.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well I don't delete threads unless they're duplicates, advertisement, or troll threads so you're good to go snatch your rules whenever you're ready. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'll probably still put that even when I'm removed as mod from here since it's really weird just putting "super moderator" and nothing else. No more "moderator of this and that" or funny things to put. >:( But yes, this forum is so badass that they had to promote me so I could super moderate it.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I think an Index would be a great idea, for all the reasons that have already been mentioned!
    Also, if anyone deserves the title of SuperMod its you Syd, congrats :P

I had this idea of a "first come, first serve" challenge. I would post a number of Pokemon, like 30 or so, and the people who sign up would get to make a team out of these Pokemon. BUT, once a Pokemon has been assigned, its gone, and no other Person can use it. I would either replace the picked pokemon immediately or when all are gone, not sure yet. Besides that there wouldnt be any special rules. Does this sound like an ok challenge or is it missing something?? Also, anyone got any idea to improve this concept??

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • It's certainly interesting, but challenges that rely on the owner being around to update things can be difficult. If you had to leave for some reason, there would have to be a way for the players to keep things going in your absence. Plus it would require A LOT of updating, which I can say from experience with updating my threads on a mostly weekly basis can be a real pain.

Perhaps, instead of updating it yourself, when someone takes a team, they repost the list of Pokemon in a spoiler, and decide on what replaces the Pokemon they took. That way it's autonomous. And maybe instead of 30, how about 18 Pokemon. That would be 3 teams which should give plenty of choice while not using too many Pokemon at the same time.

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • It's certainly interesting, but challenges that rely on the owner being around to update things can be difficult. If you had to leave for some reason, there would have to be a way for the players to keep things going in your absence. Plus it would require A LOT of updating, which I can say from experience with updating my threads on a mostly weekly basis can be a real pain.

Perhaps, instead of updating it yourself, when someone takes a team, they repost the list of Pokemon in a spoiler, and decide on what replaces the Pokemon they took. That way it's autonomous. And maybe instead of 30, how about 18 Pokemon. That would be 3 teams which should give plenty of choice while not using too many Pokemon at the same time.

You are probably right about the challenge being too reliant on updates to work properly. That said, i really like the idea of having the poster replace the Pokemon themselves, seems like a lot of fun. And having 18 Pokemon only would make for more changes, which is good as well!! Now, different problem: Would this Challenge work no matter what game people pick to play, or would you restrict it to a certain Game only??

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Sadly you'd probably have to restrict it to a specific gen. There's really no way around that. The chance of someone wanting to use a Kanto game and being unable to form a full team would be too high if all gens were allowed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back