• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Fan work feature of gen 8 starter pokemon

bobandbill

one more time
Years
An article with an image gallery, featuring art by PC members of the three starter Pokemon we saw revealed today.

- permission of artists required
- caption of each image will include link to their profile page [alternatively, their art thread?]
- threads in art gallery section, maybe also game discussion section, about this
- request submissions through there, encourage posting of art in art forum section
- update after publishing if anyone submits after the fact? I'd be okay with this every so often.

Fairy said:
Kitty said:

Years
Spoiler:

Artwork by Melinda

Spoiler:

Artwork by WolfPP - his dA (he requested we credit both)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Thanks for contributions already!
Kitty said:
Any thoughts on the list in the OP? If you're happy with it all you can go ahead and make threads in the art section.

Couple other things:
- Merge this with the Fanwork Friday thing SMT wants to start, which makes this easy collaboration with Daily! That is, we aim to have this article for art on the Starter Pokemon posted on a Friday, as well as put on fb/twitter.
- We then make this a series. When we get the cover legendary Pokemon, or other new Pokemon revealed, we can do new articles for those and hence use another Friday for posting the such and giving our artists extra exposure.

Years
Link would be to their thread (+preferred social media if they have any maybe? Like dA, etc)

Other than that it looks good to me!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Got my support! o/

edit: hang on I'm getting permission to use art from a new user (kermit bread) so we might have some more! check it out it's awesome. :)

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Fairy said:
Kitty said:
We got new pokemon now. Shall we repeat this for a new article? :B

Also we have a bunch of new characters (people) too - maybe it'd be worth having a separate article for them? After all, 7 pokemon and 5 new people (maybe more? Prof, sonia, rival, champion, milo...?) may make it too crowded, and it'll allow for some spacing.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Definitely one for the Pokemon! I know I saw some wonderful sprites in the Art Studio. :) Not sure if the trainers will get the same attention though. Either way, I vote yes!

Shall I start asking permission from artists now?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Definitely one for the Pokemon! I know I saw some wonderful sprites in the Art Studio. :) Not sure if the trainers will get the same attention though. Either way, I vote yes!

Shall I start asking permission from artists now?
Yes please. See if we get enough entries within the next week for next friday (fanwork friday stuff), else we'll push it back a week. Might as well ask for both Pokemon and trainers and we'll see how much we get of the latter - if there's enough we'll do a second article for them.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
You got it! Permission asking is under way. Should I also for pieces by artists whose gen 8 art weren't included in the first article?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
You got it! Permission asking is under way. Should I also for pieces by artists whose gen 8 art weren't included in the first article?
Sure, that article can always be updated. Worth making a general thread in the art section?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I believe so, yes. Do you think I could bother either you or Kitty to post it? I'm going to be on mobile for the foreseeable future.

Back