• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 25, 2020
The cureebtk beta which is available only covers the Johto Arc. Kanto will be available in the next update, I believe.

Thank you! I'll try it out when it's complete :) on a separate note, am I correct in believeing this hack has no PSS split, and updated moves?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Thank you! I'll try it out when it's complete :) on a separate note, am I correct in believeing this hack has no PSS split, and updated moves?

Since it aims to be an authentic remake, I doubt it will get the features you mentioned unless the creator changes his plans.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 5, 2021
Since it aims to be an authentic remake, I doubt it will get the features you mentioned unless the creator changes his plans.

I once asked Diego about that on his site on the Discuss.
There is a chance that such version with "modern features" can be released alongside the faithful remake he is currently aiming to do.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I once asked Diego about that on his site on the Discuss.
There is a chance that such version with "modern features" can be released alongside the faithful remake he is currently aiming to do.

Woah! That's really dope! Did you ask him that question very recently?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 5, 2021
Woah! That's really dope! Did you ask him that question very recently?

I asked two months ago:
"Is it possible to get or at least anticipate a version with some modern features like: Physical/Special Split, BW Repels, OverWorld Poison Survival, Infinite TMs and Deletable HMs, Egg Hatch lvl1, Highlighted natures in stats, Running shoes indoors and such or maybe you already are planning to include some of these?"
...and got an answer from Diego:
"The hack being based on the decomp projects would make doing this a lot more feasible, so we'll see! Beta 3 will cover everything present in GSC, storywise."

Little bit later user named `Ken Masters` asked about Phys/Spec Split and got:
"No, but there may be a more "modern" version released alongside the standard version with quality of life updates like this."

I believe my earlier question was the trigger, I'm happy about that and I'm looking forward in the future awaiting Beta 3 Release

Last edited:
Years
So, how can I work with this? I'm planning a hack that will use Emerald and apparently the dissassembly offers much more freedom to hackers. Thing is, I'm looking at all those folders and files and can't make heads or tails of it, which is frustrating. I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
So, how can I work with this? I'm planning a hack that will use Emerald and apparently the dissassembly offers much more freedom to hackers. Thing is, I'm looking at all those folders and files and can't make heads or tails of it, which is frustrating. I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks.
Methinks you're in the wrong thread, my friend.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Mar 5, 2019
Is there a Discord server where we can keep up with this project, or your other projects, Diegoisawesome? I would love to join if there is one! :smile:

I just played through CrystalDust in mGBA (which should also work on real hardware), and have been thoroughly impressed with what is on display. Thank you, and keep up the amazing work!

-Drillskope

Sierraffinity

Years
Is there a Discord server where we can keep up with this project, or your other projects, Diegoisawesome? I would love to join if there is one! :smile:

I just played through CrystalDust in mGBA (which should also work on real hardware), and have been thoroughly impressed with what is on display. Thank you, and keep up the amazing work!

-Drillskope
There is, actually: https://discord.gg/gC6mEQB
Thank you!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
you are a saint diegoawesome!! this game brings back so many great memories from my childhood... i love how you stuck so tightly to how the game was in GSC... made it so much fun to play!!! cant wait for beta 3 release!!

Maximoff

Aspiring Hacker
Years
So I was wondering... Now that pokeemerald is out and there's that updated Battle Engine, will this be back in development?

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
you are a saint diegoawesome!! this game brings back so many great memories from my childhood... i love how you stuck so tightly to how the game was in GSC... made it so much fun to play!!! cant wait for beta 3 release!!
Thank you!
So I was wondering... Now that pokeemerald is out and there's that updated Battle Engine, will this be back in development?
Have you seen the recent posts, detailing that I'm working on recreating CrystalDust on pokeemerald? I won't be using the battle engine though.

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Since the game is being recreated are there any plans to add updated features such as the physical/special split, reusable TM's, the B2/W2 repel system, capture exp, and fairy-types?

Sierraffinity

Years
Since the game is being recreated are there any plans to add updated features such as the physical/special split, reusable TM's, the B2/W2 repel system, capture exp, and fairy-types?
I've been considering making a more modern fork of the project once it's done, but the main game will not have any of these changes.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 9, 2020
I think this is one of the best adaptations of Crystal for GBA, I like the graphics better and the music, plus I think that recreating the Pokegear with the pokenav was a good idea.

Last edited:
Back