• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sword and Shield Direct announced for 5th of June

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hmm June 5th is a Wednesday and E3 starts Tuesday June 11th. Trying to figure out their motive or logic behind this move.

Cid

Years
It should be similar to the Sun and Moon and LGPE gameplay shown near or during E3. I hope we get info on things that people have been clamoring for. As for what those things are specifically, I don't know yet.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sweet! I hope they show some more gameplay and also reveal the Evil Team and possibly even the legendaries? More for us to speculate on c: And more to make cool early fan-art of.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
Sweet! I hope they show some more gameplay and also reveal the Evil Team and possibly even the legendaries? More for us to speculate on c: And more to make cool early fan-art of.

Boxart and a release date too hopefully - something more concrete than just Winter 2019.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Probably don't expect the business press conference tomorrow to have Sword and Shield information - they may mention cursory things but I expect we'll hear other things while they save game details for the specific pokemon direct the following week.

Exciting times though!

Years
yeah I don't have particularly high hopes for the business press conference. it'd be nice if they had swsh information, but otherwise I imagine it to be pretty boring PR Pokemon stuff.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
Considering that it is 15 minutes long, I'm expecting a lot of information.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
It will probably show either the legendaries, or beginner basic pokemons, or one of game gimmicks like mega evolution, z moves, or in game mini game.

I am hoping for something exciting like alternate shinies.. maybe region specific shinies.. that would be different.

I want to see new pokemon.

Years
Also I'm slightly miffed that I'm going to miss the press conference tomorrow because of work. @__@ Eh I guess it isn't the end of the world and I'll catch up on it later.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
yeah I don't have particularly high hopes for the business press conference. it'd be nice if they had swsh information, but otherwise I imagine it to be pretty boring PR Pokemon stuff.
It makes sense to have low hopes - but consider this. To my knowledge there's only ever been two of these Pokemon-specific business press conferences. The first was when GO was announced. The second: Quest and LGPE.

Now, it could be boring, but why advertise it on Twitter to boot alongside this? I wouldn't be surprised to see info on a spinoff title - say, the one reportedly being developed for mobile and released next year (via DeNA), and/or something else entirely. Other options could be ports of old titles to the Switch (give us RBY/GSC on the switch aaaaa - or maybe stuff like Snap), or confirmation about Bank on Switch. There's a fair bit of scope for something neat at any rate.
Also I'm slightly miffed that I'm going to miss the press conference tomorrow because of work. @__@ Eh I guess it isn't the end of the world and I'll catch up on it later.
I was going to say 'try having it happen at 3am', but then realised you are often awake at such hours. =p

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I know it's waaaaay too early, but version exclusive mons would be nice, haha.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Just causally quoting myself
It makes sense to have low hopes - but consider this. To my knowledge there's only ever been two of these Pokemon-specific business press conferences. The first was when GO was announced. The second: Quest and LGPE.

Now, it could be boring, but why advertise it on Twitter to boot alongside this? I wouldn't be surprised to see info on a spinoff title - say, the one reportedly being developed for mobile and released next year (via DeNA), and/or something else entirely. Other options could be ports of old titles to the Switch (give us RBY/GSC on the switch aaaaa - or maybe stuff like Snap), or confirmation about Bank on Switch. There's a fair bit of scope for something neat at any rate.
I mean, Home is Bank's sequel in a sense, but yeah, the press conference did have a bunch of things!

And nothing on SwSh, as expected. One week to go!

Years
Yeah, I don't think anyone should've expected Swsh news at this event beyond the announcement that there was going to be more info next week. This was an ok presentation that was mainly pleasing towards the GO crowd but not much else.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Eh, Pleasing to more than that I feel. It did a bunch of things:
- China precense (but what good is Quest if it's just going to be the same gen 1 only thing?)
- Detective Pikachu game sequel (movie did well then)
- GO/Sleep stuff
- Home, which is SwSh related :V And good news too for LGPE. Shiny hunting!

Years
I'm really looking forward to finally getting some more news on SwSh! I hope they confirm them to be Pro Controller compatible though. Them not being so would put me off buying them.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm really looking forward to finally getting some more news on SwSh! I hope they confirm them to be Pro Controller compatible though. Them not being so would put me off buying them.
I agree there. LGPE was all too restrictive with the joycon-only deal. =/ (The Poke Ball plus doesn't count.)

Years
Eh, Pleasing to more than that I feel. It did a bunch of things:
- China precense (but what good is Quest if it's just going to be the same gen 1 only thing?)

To be completely honest, that's hard for me to care about as someone who doesn't live in China. =P

- Detective Pikachu game sequel (movie did well then)

I haven't watched the movie yet, so I can't comment much on whether or not I feel excited about this.

- GO/Sleep stuff

Again, appealing to the GO crowd.

- Home, which is SwSh related :V And good news too for LGPE. Shiny hunting!

Game Freak would find pitchforks and torches at their HQ tomorrow if they scrapped any sort of method to transfer 3DS 'mons to Switch (or just scrapped bank altogether), so I'm not surprised about this.

---

I'm not saying I'm disappointed because again, this was an okay presentation and my expectations weren't shot or anything (mostly because I didn't have any to begin with). The announcement of Pokemon Masters was nice to see and it remains to be seen whether it'd be another one of those gacha hungry mobile titles or something worth sinking time into.

Last edited:
Back