• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga My Favorite Anime Character Is...

Years
  • I've had a proper think about this and it's really hard, I love so many characters. Some of you will know that I enjoy vast adventure stories, psychological thrillers, big robot fights, fluffy shoujo romance and everything in between.

My favourite character is probably Hibiki Tachibana from Senki Zesshou Symphogear. She's a cute girl that punches things really hard.

Here's a clip of her punching through a mountain.

As to why she is so important to me? I'm not entirely sure. I mean, she is a lovely girl and she is really good at punching things but I feel that this isn't really that rare in anime. She's just the one for me.

Last edited:
    Years
  • i've watched too many animes, my favorite character shifts every now and then >.<
    my favorite character as of now must be giorno from jjba. close second is chika from love is war. see the contrast between the two? hahaha
    loves giorno's "resolve" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and chika's bubbly attitude <3

Years
  • Uh at one point it was Nico Yazawa and it wasn't anymore complex than "she's actually kinda fun". In fact, a character being my favorite character rarely goes any deeper than that. I think it's probably still Nico atm, for the same reasons as before.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Riko Sakurauchi from Love Live! because she is me in every way, I simply adore her. She's the first and probably only character I've ever been collecting merchandise of.

Spoiler:

i freaking love u

also Reigen from Mob Psycho 100 and Fai from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle.

Years
  • Yato from Noragami. I love how much fun he is interacting with the other characters in the series - one of my favorite anime to come back to! where is season 3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    Michiru or Sailor Neptune is one of my favourites. I've always really liked her from when I first saw her, I think her perfection and poised, elegant character was just really attractive to me. Possibly the only mary sue that doesn't irritate me. I also really love Kurosawa Dia, other than her adorable dual serious and quirky personality, the episode where she felt left out seriously resonated with me. I've always been left out in social groups, and it's mostly my fault because of my awkwardly crap social skills. When Dia was upset that everyone else seemed so close, and she was a little further out of the friendship bubble because the others felt like they couldn't connect to her, I truly got so emotional. This hit so close to home. I also went through a period where I adored Hinata Hyuuga, her shy personality was super relatable.

The common trend in these characters is that they all possess very elegant and ladylike qualities and appearances. It's something I really admire and idolise. My parents are super old-fashioned Chinese and always told me growing up that I should be more ladylike/feminine/graceful, but I'm totally not any of those things lol.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Genos from One Punch Man. It's dumb, but the guy genuinely, straight up makes me smile and I love 'em for it.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Ghiaccio from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Vento Aureo.

Spoiler:

Never have I enjoyed a minor villain as much as I have Ghiaccio. He's the antithesis of how someone with ice powers would usually behave. He's loud, constantly frustrated, and easily ticked off by the quirks of the English language (if only Crunchyroll's subs didn't screw that up). It was great when I got to see him rant about Venice (cough, Venezia) animated. I love his design, his voice, his personality, his Stand, and his arc. His entire being just screams "perfect" to me.

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    That's a hard one, it really is. Since I don't think I have only one favourite character I think I'll list three of my most liked ones in no particular order.

1. Risotto Nero from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Vento Aureo

Spoiler:

The clever and calculating boss from La Squadra. He was the protagonist of possibly the most exciting fight in the manga/anime. It's personality and way to do things led me to think we was even a better antagonist than the final boss from VA himself. His stand is also pretty awesome, being Metallica my fave when it comes to stands abilities from what I've seen in Jojo's so far.

2. Jiro Kyouka from Boku no Hero Academia

Spoiler:

Even if she doesn't have that much developement in the series so far, she's probably my favourite female character in a shounen anime, and also one of the characters I can relate the most when it comes to things such as music preferences and personality. Her quirk, Earphone Jack, is the most awesome I've seen so far with no exceptions, but I still can't believe it was the first quirk Horikoshi thought of when starting with BnHA.

3. Fenneko from Aggretsuko

Spoiler:

Yeah, yeah,I know my discord pfp isn't Fenneko but Washimi (who I really like a lot mostly because I find it hard to dislike any character from Aggretsuko), but god she's so cute and creepy and her laugh is the best I don't think anyone who has watched Aggretsuko can blame me for that.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • It's a toss between Piccolo from Dragon Ball and Kakashi Hatake from Naruto!

I just love bad guys who turn good but still retain the "hmph, whatever, as if I care" quality that Piccolo has, haha.

For Kakashi... I had a teensy obsession with him for a while!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Reigen from Mob Psycho 100. Every second this dude is on the screen, I'm just happy.
    c1ade628fc46bd473e0afcb07cb947cb1548870843_full.png

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • My top favorite anime/manga character of course is Korrina from Pokemon! I'm super in love with her, and her personality is amazing imo and she's just so sexy (it makes me wonder how i wasn't into other girls so much sooner haha).

But, i guess i should list some characters (or at least one other character?) OTHER than Korrina. Also, it would be too long a post to say everything i like about Miss K, anyways. So yeah.

Two other anime characters I like a lot, that i'll list....

-Kirby from Kirby: Right Back At Ya!/Hoshi No Kaabii. I swear i relate to him A LOT (outside, of course, the 'eats everything and anything' trait he's known for haha. since i'm a vegetarian xD). Kirby is a kawaii puffpall warrior who is pink (my favorite color ever <3), and he has star motifs (in fact, he's called the 'star warrior'). His personality is very cheery and innocent, and he seems to really like anything cute/pretty; DISPITE the fact that he's male, and a warrior trainee to top that off. Kirby's anime was pretty awesome, and really funny, imo, and i used to be super into watching random episodes of it on youtube. And I liked both the origional japanese annnnd the 4kids dub a lot. Both were great. I recommend this anime to people who love kawaii things in general, too. :3

and

-Maria from the second season of Pri Chan. OMG, i related to this character RIGHT AWAY when she was introduced!!! Just like me, she's a major kawaii addict. And she doesn't understand ANYONE hating cute things. At all. She's super innocent, and girly, and she truly believes cute things can help save the world, from what i've seen. I hope to see more of that anime's new season sometime in the near future :3 I love Maria's outfit when she sings on stage as a prichan idol, too!!! :D its pink and purple, and heart printed, and her hairstyle has little hearts in it. I could see myself wearing a similar outfit as an idol myself!!! Cept, my outfit would probably be pink and YELLOW, rather than purple (since yellow is my second favorite color after pink :3). xD Also, i'd have stars on my version of this outfit instead of hearts. Since stars are my own motif! :3

EDIT: And, of course (though these characters are also from pokemon so i don't think they really need to be mentioned, but ah well). I like Ash's Pikachu, Dawn from D/P, and Jirachi (technecly the one from Pokemon: Jirachi Wishmaker. memories <3) a lot! I won't go into details so much why, but they're super awesome IMO. Adorable characters in general too.

Oh and another non pokemon character i like a lot, is Maka Albarn from the anime 'Soul Eater'. Like Korrina, i actually think she's pretty hot, too (though generally i mostly crush on korrina). But I also like how she actually is VERY similar to Korrina, it turns out!!! xD I may make a thread about it sometime. She looks a little korrina-ish, too (both have blonde hair, for one).

I also like Miu from Strawberry Marshmallow a lot. She's funny and looks a lot like me, though i also kinda don't remember a whole lot about the anime now. Its an anime i last watched a ton of years ago I think anyways. But the whole anime in general is extremely cute!!! :D

As you can see, trending in this post, I tend to like/relate to 'kawaii' characters a lot xD; :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    If we're speaking strictly anime/manga, then Okabe Rintaro from Steins;gate. Aside from being extremely quotable and funny, he is a very deep character that begins as a self-important, chuunibyou conspiracy theorist, after his delusions start becoming a reality, you watch him grow so much as a character. He goes through tons of hardships and after enduring so much, he gets what I think is the most deserving and satisfying ending ever. Steins;gate, people, if you didn't watch it, go give it a try, it's amazing.

If we're speaking loosely, then it's Okita Souji (my avatar) from the Fate/ series. She did first appear in the parody manga Koha-Ace, but got most of her character development in the mobile game Fate/Grand Order, so...
    Design-wise, I think it's a brilliant combination of color choice (pink/white/black/turquoise), her design is simple but has just the right amount of detail, making her very fun to draw actually. Her design also mixes the comfy, relaxed feel (her wide, blanket-like shinsengumi haori and scarf) with her slick, agile combat attire underneath.
    Character-wise, for an april fools joke character, she has depth to her. She died of tuberculosis at a young age and her biggest regret was not being able to fight alongside her shinsengumi comrades. Thus, her wish from the Holy Grail is to be able to continue fighting and erase that sense of guilt. In Koha-Ace she is insane (like the other characters) and a really funny character. In Fate/Grand Order, especially the 3rd GUDAGUDA event, you see her going through an existential crisis as her seemingly superior Alter version is summoned as well and she starts doubting that she is the real Okita.
    She's not the most impressive or the deepest character ever, far from it. But for whatever reason, she stuck with me ever since.
    Also she's voice by Aoi Yuuki and that's always a plus in my book.

Years
  • Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate. He's been my favorite for over a decade and I highly doubt that will change anytime soon.

Last edited:
    Back