• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Can we talk about those potatoes???

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    First post here, sorry if this has already been discussed;

Way back in the treehouse demo we saw the character being gifted potatoes, what does everyone think about those? Odds of potato farms instead of just berry farms? Will we ever get a Farmville: Pokemon Edition? We have a large amount of "farm animal" based pokemon, apricorn trees and berry trees already!

Years
  • I'm honestly thinking it's probably HP restoration food of some sort. Like Soda cans, but the food version of it.

... which would be berries, but yknow. More variety.

on second thought, im going to agree with the below poster and go with Camp ingredients.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Apparently you can cook food for your Pokémon when playing with them in Pokémon Camp (which is similar to Amie and Refresh), according to the leaks at least. So I assume this is one of the ingredients you can use??

Years
  • Farm House Pokemon? Am I the only one that remembers there was a farm in GSC? MILTANK? The cow that gives moo-moo milk? He was sick and you had to give it seven berries and then you get a TM (forgot which TM lol).

And then Mareep can be a sheep!

DigitalMewtwo

Somewhere on the digital spectrum
    Years
  • Farm House Pokemon? Am I the only one that remembers there was a farm in GSC? MILTANK? The cow that gives moo-moo milk? He was sick and you had to give it seven berries and then you get a TM (forgot which TM lol).

And then Mareep can be a sheep!

That would be awesome. I'd love to have something like this in game.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • yes, i encourage talking about the potatoes potatoes are love, potatoes are life

But, I do imagine that potatoes will be for some camping mini-game or something, or, who knows, maybe we WILL get to grow potatoes in Galar. I would totally be on board with that idea.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    A cooking mechanic? Haven't seen that since gen 4 (correct me if I'm wrong). The potatoes did interest me as well. I assume we can share these items with other players online? I can see them pulling a gen 3 and having us group cook again. They seem to really be focusing on co-op with the dynamax and revamped Wifi system (which thank god looks much than the last one in sumo and more similiar to pss). Or maybe we can trade in items to make stuff? I'd imagine we can cook our pokemon food akin to poffins.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind seeing it involved with making food for your Pokemon. Maybe some Pokemon prefer some kind of veges over another? That'd make it more exciting than 'oh this Pokemon with this nature prefers green pokepuffs or whatever they are called in this region', and also make it more involved. Give us a minigame out of it and that'd be neat.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    I'd love to cook again! It seems that they're a tradable item so maybe different types of food in game have different stat effects? I highly doubt they'd bring back contests since we've seen no sign of them thus far.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    Alright so since the job feature was confirmed, possibly use the tots in those cooking jobs? Or maybe you get ingredients for your camp from completing those jobs?

Back