• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Now Hiring Around Galar! Poké Jobs!

Years
  • https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/gameplay/pokejobs/

What are peoples thoughts on this?
    It's very similar to Isle Elevup so it seems. I really like the implementation of it tho.
    Companies need workers, and there are MANY companies in Galar!

Also we finally have an official name for EVs, Base Points! If that is in fact what they mean.

I like it personally, but I'm just sick of them quadrupling down on Rotom for anything electronic.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/gameplay/pokejobs/

What are peoples thoughts on this?
    It's very similar to Isle Elevup so it seems. I really like the implementation of it tho.
    Companies need workers, and there are MANY companies in Galar!

Also we finally have an official name for EVs, Base Points! If that is in fact what they mean.

I like it personally, but I'm just sick of them quadrupling down on Rotom for anything electronic.

RT on the Rotom gimmick

But I'm hyped about the jobs. I'm hoping that the jobs are a way to also get some rare items

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • When I saw Poké Jobs in Japanese trailer, I'm intrigued because I can ask my Pokémon to get hired to get some experience and all. And good thing you guys noted about Isle Evelup similarity, didn't thought of it for a while now. Still, I'm wondering, can we assign multiple jobs for many 'mons? I think this feature will be more flexible if I can deploy job teams like, let's say, Team Chef and Team Construction at the same time.

Years
  • Kinda wondering how one would get evolutionary stones through this method, assuming that's a possibility.

I suppose the bigger point I'm getting at is if Game Freak is going to make more "difficult" (so to speak) jobs for rarer items/more experience, and I'm wondering what those requirements would be.

Years
  • Kinda wondering how one would get evolutionary stones through this method, assuming that's a possibility.

I suppose the bigger point I'm getting at is if Game Freak is going to make more "difficult" (so to speak) jobs for rarer items/more experience, and I'm wondering what those requirements would be.

Ooh that's a neat concept! Maybe the amount you send, or level. Maybe Pokemon with pickup can have a higher chance of coming back with something from work?

Years
  • I love this! Really good way to incorporate raising levels, EVs, etc. Can see myself making huge use of jobs, and gain experience for my Pokémon when I'm sleeping or not playing. And man is it cute?!

8_7_jobs_3_2x.jpg

agh the graphics they made for this are adorable

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • ^ Huh, they reused Pokemon Quest assets for the background!

Anyways, it's neat. I liked Pelago so good to see we're having a spiritual successor to it, but with more exp gains now?

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    if I can bring over a landorus (witch is VERY unlikely but hey.) I will make him work at nestle. a terrible corporation for a terrible pokemon

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • This wasn't something I saw coming. So, is that what we're calling EVs now? Base Points? I'm going to just keep calling them EVs, honestly. @_@ PokeJobs sounds really fun. I really hope they're something you can do easily enough because it sounds like a nice idle way to get EVs, if that's the case!

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • I love how this fleshes out the world! Poke Isle had some nice ideas in it, but the flavor of this really knocks it out of the park. I think it's going to lead to a lot of fun rabbit holes to go down to talk about how economics work in the Pokemon world. If you wanted to be boring like me, you could already make the argument that the Pokemon world's seemingly consistent upper middle class wealth level could only exist because of the unpaid labor of Pokemon, so I'm laughing my ass off that we let our Pokemon go out and work for free in this game "for the experience."

Years
  • I love how this fleshes out the world! Poke Isle had some nice ideas in it, but the flavor of this really knocks it out of the park. I think it's going to lead to a lot of fun rabbit holes to go down to talk about how economics work in the Pokemon world. If you wanted to be boring like me, you could already make the argument that the Pokemon world's seemingly consistent upper middle class wealth level could only exist because of the unpaid labor of Pokemon, so I'm laughing my ass off that we let our Pokemon go out and work for free in this game "for the experience."

They should call them Poke Internships! Haha

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • Hey do you think these companies that are hiring have anything to do with sponsorships for the league?

Man, that'd be a nice touch if they linked it that way. I don't THINK they'd go for making a commentary on the over reaching power of corporations in modern society, but I wouldn't have thought they'd make the bad guys feudal PETA in Gen 5 before it happened, so... who knows?

Years
  • Team Yell has the logo of the company that has "Nothing too -" on the jobs listing page. Assuming they sponsor Marnie.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    This is basically pelago then? I'm down with that. I do appreciate pelago for what it is. I'm just hoping the jobs don't take so long this time around or that we can also improve the speed and rate of them as well.

Back