• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guide: Analysis of the Galar Dex - generation, popularity, and more

Years
  • If Mew will be available via Poké Ball Plus I assume Mewtwo will also be in the game, as seems fair. I'm just hoping for my baby electric sheep! You can't simply replace one sheep with another. :< Gotta have them all..............

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Article updated today with the newer Pokemon.

Numbers changed slightly in that Unova is the most represented by sheer number and percentage now. Bug is now the least represented compared to the national dex so far. Less of a trend in lower ranks of popularity now too (but top 100 still have the most representation in SwSh atm.)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I know Unova has the most representation so far....but I really am hoping to see Yamask and Cofahgrigus make it in.

Who knows maybe we'll get a Galarian Cofahgrigus?

(also Drampa)

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Updated again! Unova with the most by number, Kalos the most by percentage, Hoenn still losing that fight.

Bug and Fire types remain under-represented!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • And again! We've spotted 16 more Pokemon in the newest television commercial, which bumps up the numbers. Bug and Fire types were spotted - but they're still the least common types compared to the general distribution. Unova sure benefited a bunch.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    In the new ad, they included Eeveelutions with every generation that had a new one.. get excited.. I just hope they are not exclusive if there are two new ones.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • In the new ad, they included Eeveelutions with every generation that had a new one.. get excited.. I just hope they are not exclusive if there are two new ones.
    I think that's more just choosing generally popular Pokemon for representation. E.g. they showed Lucario for the gen 4 part too, which is probably the most popular gen 4 Pokemon. Also seems odd to not use any hypothetical new Eeveelution in marketting already.

Back