• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Release approaches! Still excited, or a little let down?

AksarBhai

Banned
Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2019
    As the title suggests, I would like to know what the fans thoughts are now we are nearing release. After playing Lets go Pikachu, (which I loved), I have been eagerly awaiting the next instalment to the next traditional pokemon games (less pokemon go type, more pokemon red gold..etc) and I have to admit that the more I find out about these games as we near release the less i am looking forward to them. Im feeling pretty let down from what ive seen so far. If you are still hyped, let me know why. If you feel a little let down as I am, whats your reasons. Lets chat pokefans!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am still interested in the games and always will be. I hated Pokemon Let's Go, and too me was the worst game. So I am very much looking forward to the new game.

However, the lack of news is a bit annoying. I want to see some Ice Type pokemon, which is my favorite type, and we haven't gotten them yet.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I'm always happy with new games even if some parts of the game disappoint me, all in all I am always happy Pokemon is still alive so yes I do look forwards to my pre-ordered dual pack.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Well, by no stretch of the imagination will it be perfect, simply on the basis that no game can be truly perfect. But if I had to rate my excitement for SwSh, I'd say at least an 8/10! :)

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • I think... thus far... I'm a bit let down. I worry that the lack of stuff they've shown means that there isn't enough to be actually excited about once we get into the game. Maybe I'm wrong! Maybe they felt like last time a new Gen came out, they revealed too much and spoiled it a bit! But I worry that the lack of stuff out right now has to do with a low number of new Pokemon. Like, when gen 6 came out, and only had 70 something new Pokemon, that was a bit of a bummer for me. So I hope I'm wrong, maybe they're saving a LOT to be excited about for later! But this has me a bit... hesitant to get my hopes up.

Years
  • So like... while I'm excited for these games, it's hard for me to say I'm about the same level of excited as I was for SM/USUM because I don't know a whole lot. Now, whether TPC/Game Freak aren't releasing a whole lot of details because they'd rather players find the rest out on their own or because of lack of any actual substantial content we'll see, but I really hope it's the former rather than the latter. While I'm all for playing blind, I can't really get excited for something if I don't know what I'm getting myself into.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think... thus far... I'm a bit let down. I worry that the lack of stuff they've shown means that there isn't enough to be actually excited about once we get into the game. Maybe I'm wrong! Maybe they felt like last time a new Gen came out, they revealed too much and spoiled it a bit! But I worry that the lack of stuff out right now has to do with a low number of new Pokemon. Like, when gen 6 came out, and only had 70 something new Pokemon, that was a bit of a bummer for me. So I hope I'm wrong, maybe they're saving a LOT to be excited about for later! But this has me a bit... hesitant to get my hopes up.

From what I have seen, they actually polled, asking Japanese players or something if they wanted to see the Starter Evolutions before launch, 75% have voted Yes last I checked.

But because of that, I would say they are hiding as much info as possible.

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Corviknight, Version-exclusive gym leaders and a revamp of the Pokémon League are all great, but there's honestly nothing else about SwSh that interests me tbh. I couldn't care less about the lack of a national dex, so gen 7's fixation with Kanto probably burnt me out. I'll just buy the next game(s) instead since it'll have more content and I'll probably have a Switch by then.

Years
  • I personaly can't wait to finally play a mainline game on tv, the addition of overworld pokémon (with random encounters for nuzlocks) and many multiplayer features are all I wanted.

also it's so fun to discover a new region, story, pokémon,etc.. Since they didn't reveal too much in the trailers it will be so fun going in blind.

I'm SO excited

pkmin3033

Not even remotely interested, honestly. Too much cut content and not enough to make up for it. Another year, another disappointing Pokemon game.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
  • No reason to be let down. Many of the dex'ers are the same 150 kids on twitter. Nothing really different, this is your classing Pokemon release. No content is being cut because you can't cut content from a game that isn't even out yet.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I am beyond excited for these games! Will definietly buy them as soon as I have the time to do so!

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • My pre-reveal hype honestly quickly faded away and I'm fairly sure I will not get SwSh new, let alone day one. Most likely I'll wait for the reveal of the third version (which honestly I'd be against as I think updates and additional content should be the way to go, but hey that's the same GF that released USUM two years ago) and decide whether it's worth getting or it's better to find SwSh used. It just does not seem to be the kind of Pokémon game I like, and with the price point of Switch games (and the number of upcoming titles I'm interested in), I'm not going to spend money on a game I still have so many doubts about

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    After the whole "Dexit" thing my interest in these games decreased by a lot, and my initial interest wasn't that big to begin with. I still don't own a Nintendo Switch either, so I might not purchase these games.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Still excited for the games and it'll be a nice break before finals. My initial hype has only increased but the slow news is killing me lol. But I prefer this to how much we got for SM. We got so much for those games there wasn't anything much for me to find in it too be honest. I'm excited to get my hands on it next month ^^

Back