• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] The Dream Weavers

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    That's the second time I've had a dream about a convenience store. I was playing a video game that was AR, the convenience store was dark but they had a worker at the milkshake machine. Vanilla, I remember that.

Went into the bathroom, which was wide open with a single stall at the back and a window across from the sink and mirror. The door would lock you in, so I was stuck in there, in the dark. There was a ghostly woman in there, you could feel her by rarely see her. Sometimes she'd appear in the window, sometimes right behind you. Typically, you'd need to see her a few times before the door woud unlock. She always crept up to you really slowly.

This time, though, I was able to get out of the convenience store and I found myself in a village of some kind. Woodsy, cobble paths, wooden cabin-like homes scattered around. One home nearby had the exact same woman, standing outside of the gate. She had her back facing me and I walked up to her.

I woke up, but it doesn't end there. I closed my eyes briefly and had a bout of sleep paralysis, which continued from where I left off. Walking up to her. Felt very real this time and I could hear my labored breathing, feel myself trying to move. It was like I had two bodies. Opened my eyes irl and saw blackness creeping into the corners of my vision. Closed them again just as I put my hand on her shoulder. She turned around slowly to me, black hair moving with her.

She had a huge grin, open-mouthed, with what looked like static tendrils of hair wriggling inside. Her eyes were gone, just sockets. I willed myself to get out of sleep paralysis even harder, and snapped awake. My dog apparently heard my heavy breathing cuz he was staring at me.

And then I rolled over and wrote this on my phone. Weird dream, man. Unsettling.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • What's your most recent dream (or nightmare)?
    Conquering the world with massive cybernetic dragons B)

Have any recurring dreams?
    Generally always been about things I'd like to happen to me in the future, tend to dream about that the most and the most consistent aswell.

Remember any childhood nightmares?
    No and I'm glad I don't my childhood wasn't the greatest so I don't have to relive all of that :P

What's one of your favorite dreams you've ever had?
    Pfffffff I don't really have a favorite dream, ill get back on this one day tho

Do you have the ability to lucid dream?
    Not that I am aware of no.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Welcome to the Dream Weavers club, fellow Dreamer!

[
    Generally always been about things I'd like to happen to me in the future, tend to dream about that the most and the most consistent aswell.

Would you say that these dreams are generally pleasant or good?

Years
  • The dream is starting to fade, but I was stuck in a nightmare's ville again. This time it seems I fell into the world of David Lynch, specifically Mulholland drive. The sinister man behind the diner by the dumpster fro. the movie was there, and a whole case of creepy characters as my life kept being altered like Rita's in Mulholland Drive. Stephen King plotlines got mixed into the dream as well, specifically the antagonist was Randall Flagg from The Stand/ Dark Tower series. There was a little of the movie Dark City in my dream too.

I had better start listening to those meditation videos again for better sleep before I got to bed.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I had better start listening to those meditation videos again for better sleep before I got to bed.
    Really though! :( it's no fun to have such awful dreams. You deserve good dreams, so I hope those meditation videos bring them back for you.

Had a weird dream last night that my fiancee and I went to this pseudo Disney world. He bought me a way too expensive Stitch plushie. Then we went outside to go home and it was snowing and icy. We got separated in the crowd and I had to go along this really steep and thin bridge alone, which was above icy water. Nearly fell in a few times and once in particular I got on my hands and knees and sort of shuffled between the legs of other people. Eventually got to the end, trekked the snowy tundra to the car with my fiancee and was happy to finally be going home after being uncomfortable. He took me to some movie place instead where they gave us a detailed quiz about the movie. I was so bored and just ready to go home. But I woke up soon after.

What a weird dream.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Had an odd dream last night in which the Death Note anime got rewritten and remade, so I watched it. It started out almost film noir-like with Light and the main police force cast in a smoky sort of bar already trying to figure out the Kira case. Some random girl not from the anime (or manga, as far as I'm aware), enters and catches Light's eye, alongside Misa. Light tries to flirt with her and gets shut down pretty much instantly. Dunno if Misa knew he was Kira cuz she acted like she didn't know him at all, or even if she was involved with the case in any way. But then it cut to Light walking out with Matsuda and them talking about women. That was when I woke up.

Honestly, I loved and hated it at the same time. Some parts were cool (Light getting shot down was awesome and the Noir theme was cool), but then the rest was really dumb and it would be confusing af if you didn't know anything about Death Note. Dunno what my brain was doing. Writing fanfiction, maybe? xD

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    You dream such elaborate plotlines CiCi. I think your dreams actually could make good fanfiction or art!

If I had the patience, a drawing of Light and the police force looking through documents in a smoky bar would be amazing.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Just woke up from a nightmare. It was very vivid and realistic. Started out with me and my fiancee on the phone with my mom. She was having problems finding coconut oil, peanut butter, and a couple first aid items due to the quarantine, so I gathered up some supplies for her and her boyfriend. Her boyfriend also wanted 20 dollars, but we didn't give them that. She stood at the front door and we chatted about something unrelated for a minute while she held one of my cats. She put her down, thanked us for the help, then left back to her car with the boyfriend in the driver's seat. This is where things get crazy.

I don't know what set him off, but he flipped. He drove their car down into our ditch suddenly, then ripped backwards up the ditch and peeled wheels across our driveway. I heard my mom scream and then her begging him to stop. That's when I demand my fiancee call 911 and I rushed out of the house as he pulled down the shoulder onto our street, nearly hitting another car. I hear as my mom is pleading with him to stop and he's speeding like a maniac, swerving and making very sharp turns. She can't get out because he won't slow down, even as he tears down one of my neighbor's driveways. I watch as my fiancee, on the phone with the cops, jumps in front of the car in hopes that he'll stop, but he only sends him rolling across the hood. I hear my mom scream for him to get out of the way and for her boyfriend to just stop.

He backs up, nearly hitting my fiancee again, then turns around and comes flying up the driveway toward me next. I know he's going to hit me so I stand off to the side, repeating his license plate aloud (which I did so many times that I remember it was bard bru). The cops hear me through my fiancee's phone. He's somehow okay and runs along side me as we dash down the street to follow my mom's boyfriend as he tears down the road and out of the intersection. At first, he goes right, but then he changes his mind and pulls into a neighbor's driveway to help him turn around. At this point, my fiancee is beside me and tells the cops that he was attacking my mom as he drove and heard the boyfriend say that he planned to take the car onto the highway. I see my mom in the window with the boyfriend looking dead ahead, eyes all glossed over and terrifying.

I scream out, "Mom, we called the cops, I love you!!" And I scream and plead for the boyfriend to just please stop as he speeds off toward the route that leads directly to the highway, disappearing around the corner. I'm freaking out, my mom is screaming, and my fiancee is trying to comfort me.

That's when I woke up. Thankfully. Last thing I needed to see was my mom, dead. That being said, I don't wish to demonize my mom's boyfriend too much. He can be a real piece of shit sometimes but he's never put my mother's life in danger. I know she's not happy with him, but he doesn't beat her or drive erratically (he's actually a trucker and a very responsible driver, which is maybe why my brain thought he totally could pull off some of the things he did in my dream). So while he can be a real douche, he's not like how my dream depicted.

Even with that knowledge, the vividness of the dream and the utter realness of that scenario frightened me. I woke up sweating and with my heart racing. Writing it out was just as vivid and it'll probably be a dream I remember for a while.

Last edited:

DarkestAria

Covet the Skwovet
    Years
  • May I please become a member of this club? I love talking about dreams and their interpretations. I tend to do a lot of sleeping these days as a way to cope with the ongoing pandemic.

What's your most recent dream (or nightmare)?

I recently had a nightmare that my brother and I were much younger, and we got caught in the crossfire of a gang war inside of a supermarket. It was very scary!

I have recurring dreams about the old schools I used to attend. Sometimes I dream about old friends who I haven't spoken to in years, and I kind of miss them when I wake up. Although, I know that in reality they're probably much different now than they were all those years ago.

Yes! Once I had a nightmare that my tiger plushie came to life and chased me down the stairs. It was terrifying! It made me scared of the plushie in real life too.

What's one of your favorite dreams

About a month or two ago I had a My Hero Academia dream where I was a student at U.A. I wore Deku's hero costume and I went on a mission with Kirishima, Kaminari and Tenya to save people from a fire at a shopping mall. Hanging out with some of my favorite anime characters and getting to save the day was a lot of fun, I wish I had those kinds of dreams more often!

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    May I please become a member of this club? I love talking about dreams and their interpretations. I tend to do a lot of sleeping these days as a way to cope with the ongoing pandemic.

I have recurring dreams about the old schools I used to attend. Sometimes I dream about old friends who I haven't spoken to in years, and I kind of miss them when I wake up. Although, I know that in reality they're probably much different now than they were all those years ago.

What's one of your favorite dreams

About a month or two ago I had a My Hero Academia dream where I was a student at U.A. I wore Deku's hero costume and I went on a mission with Kirishima, Kaminari and Tenya to save people from a fire at a shopping mall. Hanging out with some of my favorite anime characters and getting to save the day was a lot of fun, I wish I had those kinds of dreams more often!

Absolutely! Welcome to the club! :D

I used to have a lot of dreams about my old elementary/middle school. Mostly, they were negative, probably because I had mostly negative experiences there.

Ooh, cool! Your favorite dream sounds awesome! I love when you get to spend time with your favorite characters in dreams. Sucks that these types of dreams don't seem to happen very often :(

DarkestAria

Covet the Skwovet
    Years
  • I just woke up from a nap. My latest dream entailed going to a Japanese boutique with an idol group. I kept looking at all of the cute clothes and feeling sad that I couldn't afford them. I met a boyish-looking idol in the shop who resembled Haruka Tenoh from Sailor Moon. I asked her for her autograph and she scribbled a drawing of me on a notepad, telling me that I'm "difficult to draw" because I'm "not that cute". My heart was broken, and as soon as I left, I crumpled up the drawing. I thought about throwing it away, but I didn't because I wanted to sell it on eBay to people who were bigger fans of hers than I was.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    lately i feel like the weirder and more vivid my dreams are, the groggier i get when i wake up. ugh.

Oh no :( I've noticed I get that way with nightmares. Maybe our brains can't get good, quality sleep if our dreams are too disconcerting. I wish there was a better way we could all have consistently fun and pleasant dreams. Wonder if there's something we, as a collective group, could do to help one another.

Years
  • Oh no :( I've noticed I get that way with nightmares. Maybe our brains can't get good, quality sleep if our dreams are too disconcerting. I wish there was a better way we could all have consistently fun and pleasant dreams. Wonder if there's something we, as a collective group, could do to help one another.

nightmares are even worse. i just wake up and my brain lags behind the rest of my body because im still trying to process the nightmare and i just lie there in my bed for a solid five or ten minutes until my mind finally reaches the real world. that's how bad it gets. @_@

Years
  • Last night I had a dream that just has me feeling sick right now. I think the particulars of my last dream were triggered by an analysis I viewed of a David Lynch film. I have been re-watching some of this director's work lately. I have always liked his stylish, dreamy mysteries and erotic thrillers, and think they make for interesting discussion topics because his art can follow a nonlinear narrative structure that leaves things open to interpretation.

Yesterday I stumbled upon an interpretation of Lost Highway that had not occurred to me. Alert, you have been warned of spoilers.

Spoiler:

After hearing the analysis of what else may have happened to the character off screen it led me to contemplate the history of judicial killings and lynchings in the southern states, the region of the country most associated with the particular method of execution that the filmmaker alluded to.

I was a little reluctant to share this with The Clubhouse or the forum in general, especially at a time where there's so much hardship on us worldwide right now. I want to spread love, and not more sadness. Yet I don't think I can move forward until I say what's on my mind, instead of bottling it up.

When I thought about what could have happened to the character in his story, I shuddered at the thought that there's a historical case where a poor little boy died in this way. I don't like the death penalty, and of all the ways to kill someone the electric chair is by far the most agonizing methods states have used, and to know that this was even done to a child is just unthinkable. In South Carolina back in the 1940s there was a 14 year old boy named George Stinney who was black, and he was sentenced to death for supposedly killing 2 white girls after a confession that was probably coerced from threats. abuse and starvation at the hands of authorities. Watching a movie that references execution and a person in a situation where they are being hunted for crimes they may never have committed, and then thinking about real people suffering led to a dream where I was watching a play set in another time where a boy was going to be lynched. It was unbearable.

The stage play in my dream was called The Fire Box, and during the performance actors in the cast zeroed in on me and walked over towards me as I was seated in the audience. The performers started reading the dialogue directly to me, and interacting with me as if I was part of their cast, playing a character in the scene. I didn't want to be onstage, but they wouldn't continue with the play until I spoke. I looked down and there was a script in my hand. I was playing the mother in the story, and I was full of anger, and it was my child who was going to be hung in the plot, and I was trying to barter with the crowd for his life. It was so upsetting that I tried to read some of the lines, and couldn't do it, the words stuck in my mouth and there was silence. I was so confused. So another woman in the audience came forward and began reading the dialogue in my place. An intermission came, curtain down, and I got out of that theater. Heading out to the dark parking lot, waking myself up.

I had to record this ominous dream somewhere. It has not been an easy last couple of days. I'm tense right now, and am afraid to go to sleep because I don't know what I'll see next. I might rather pull an up all nighter, drink a dalgona and take my chances, than risk having another disturbing dream.

Last edited:

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I'm sorry to hear about that dream, Sam. It sounds very stressful and surreal. Sucks that it came about after all of that introversion and contemplating because, if you're anything like me, that's just your norm: to overanalyze and think way too much. To have something so natural cause a dream like that, well I couldn't imagine. I've had a few dreams that were similar, putting myself in a hard situation, but nothing as long-lasting, detailed, and nerve-wracking as that.

Good luck with tonight. I'm still on Discord if you ever need me to talk to.

Years
  • i feel like it's increasingly common these days for me to have dreams of either nearly dying due to falling or by drowning and it's especially kind of ass because i have a terrible fear of heights and deep water.

Years
    • Seen today
    Questionnaire
    What's your most recent dream (or nightmare)?

I had this dream that I was in my old home, except it was completely empty. I try to find shelter in the back of the house waiting while I wait for a family member to come and find me. I have variations of this same dream. Sometimes my school bus drops me off (Always my freshman year bus driver, the last year I was in that house). I run inside, but find it empty. Or sometimes the dream starts with me already in the house. To deal with the discomfort of the empty house I look for the shower. Then while in the shower I hear a noise coming from outside, I go to see who it is and there's never anybody.

Almost all my dreams recur, but they happen with variations.

I still deal with most of the same nightmares.

What's one of your favorite dreams you've ever had?

A common dream is that I'm spending the day in a theme park.

Do you have the ability to lucid dream?

No. But I do have an unrelated note. It's always night time in my dreams. I can't remember the last time I've dreamed and it was day time.

Back