• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What did you do for the environment today?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Did you recover a random plastic bottle from the street, or did you *gasp* toss a battery in the regular trash bin? Good or bad, what did you do for the environment today?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I ate vegan lunch. And vegetarian dinner yesterday too. It's dawning on me that I maybe don't eat much meat at all 🤔

Years
Oh wonderful thread! This one makes me so happy.

I contributed to the compost pile for the family garden. Everything that I ate yesterday was also vegetarian, as it always is. I had things like vegan crab cakes and vegetable penne for lunch with zucchini, peppers, squash, eggplant and onions and many tasty herbs like cilantro and parsley to complete the pasta. I also got everyone else to eat vegetarian because I brought enough to work for everyone! Nobody could tell the crab cakes weren't real! They are super good! For dinner I cooked my mom a vegan apple-smoked celebration roast with mushrooms, lentils, garlic, lemon butternut squash sage and rosemary. And I served a side of cauliflower with asparagus.

This morning I rise and shine with sweet potato hashbrowns for breakfast! I will probably grab a handful of fruit to on my way out the door. I also just installed 9 watt LED lights throughout the house, much more energy efficient!

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Today in particular? Nothing, really.
In general, I try to avoid throwing away electronics or batteries and recycle anything that has a deposit.

Years
I invited relatives over for a delicious vegetarian brunch. I made scrumptious beyond meat sausages with honey mustard, sweet peppers and onions on pretzel buns.

I don't know whether I like the Beyond brand sausages better or their hamburgers? They're both so good, and taste to me better than real thing!

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I planted new tulips, I picked up dog poop, I cleaned some of the litter out of my yard (we live near a main road and people love to throw their trash into the ditch in front of our yard :/), and I'm vegan. Overall, a very nice day :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yesterday I walked across town instead of taking a bus :3 I know bus is better than solo car but walking is better yet!

Years
Dried my hands with bamboo towelettes I bought. I have been using these bamboo sheets in place of paper towels because they're supposed to be a more eco-friendly alternative to the number of trees required to make a paper towel roll. They're also more efficient because they absorb way more and can be machine washed and reused, so in lthe long run use spend less too.

I also brushed my teeth with a new fluoride toothpaste I bought called called Hello. It is all natural, no fake dyes, flavors, sulfates, partners, never tested animal and all natural ingredients like coconut oil, mint grown from local farms, tea tree oil. It tastes nice, and is very gentle.

Showered with a homemade aloe soap. Entirely plant-based.

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
do i get free points if my diet is vegan? :>

apart from that, recycled, turned all lights/appliances off when they weren't in use, and used those energy-saving lightbulbs that make your room feel like a prison cell but also, y'know, save those polar bears or whatever

Years
I showed my mum and dad an eco friendly way to remove oil from pans. Save as much vegetable oil as you can, it can be reused and increases the flavor. If there's still a layer of grease on the cooking wear use bread to absorb it, I think the absorbency is better than paper towels, and you can can bake the bread and make the best croutons out of it.

SusieSue

Grass Type only
Years
I contributed to the compost pile for the family garden. Everything that I ate yesterday was also vegetarian, as it always is. I had things like vegan crab cakes and vegetable penne for lunch with zucchini, peppers, squash, eggplant and onions and many tasty herbs like cilantro and parsley to complete the pasta. I also got everyone else to eat vegetarian because I brought enough to work for everyone! Nobody could tell the crab cakes weren't real! They are super good! For dinner I cooked my mom a vegan apple-smoked celebration roast with mushrooms, lentils, garlic, lemon butternut squash sage and rosemary. And I served a side of cauliflower with asparagus.

This morning I rise and shine with sweet potato hashbrowns for breakfast! I will probably grab a handful of fruit to on my way out the door. I also just installed 9 watt LED lights throughout the house, much more energy efficient!

I love this thread too. Actually, I've been struggling to become a bit self-sufficient when it comes to food. I'm currently trying to grow some herbs as well as some fruits. I have onions, garlic and parsley, though no peppers and lettuce sadly, but I'm trying to improve my improvised garden. Gonna install additional led lights and maybe co2 filters similar to these, hope it will be enough.

Last edited:
Years
We washed the dishes with Meyer's dish soap, and I scrubbed the kitchen counters and table top in my room down with Meyer's multi-surface cleaner. I mentioned this brand because it's cruelty-free, no animal testing, it's plant-based and supposed to be biodegradable. I also got a new bottle of Meyer's hand soap for the bathroom.

These products smell so good. So far I have tried their lavender, geranium, bluebell and honeysuckle.

Years
We washed the dishes with Meyer's dish soap, and I scrubbed the kitchen counters and table top in my room down with Meyer's multi-surface cleaner. I mentioned this brand because it's cruelty-free, no animal testing, it's plant-based and supposed to be biodegradable. I also got a new bottle of Meyer's hand soap for the bathroom.

These products smell so good. So far I have tried their lavender, geranium, bluebell and honeysuckle.

Also plant based diets are very sustainable for our environment. Much of the livable land on this planet, for humans or other animals, is used for cattle farming.

Years
Recycled petals dropped off roses to make rosewater, rather than throw the remains of the flowers away.

Also donated a few dollars to an animal rights group to help some donkeys.

Back