• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: G3T - Gen 3 Tools

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 24, 2020
Hi!

I'm looking for some support regarding an error when I try to load a rom:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application [...] startIndex cannot be larger than length of string."

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
how do i actually use anti exploud? i use custome offsets and click all the table and return found: 0. The only thing decapitalise is fly move. Nothing else change.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
I added moves to my rom so that I have 559 in total and i can edit them all fine up until the 531st where the move editor stops responding and I have to close the program. If anyone could help me out then that would be appreciated.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 31, 2020
Excuse me how to fix this?

Error reading "table.ini" file
Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
In the sprites section for firered, it doesn't show all the sprites. Only front and back shiny. Can you also add a field where you can change the offset for the icon sprite? Anyway, great tool.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 18, 2020
Hi, I used the tool to modify attacks and pokemon but when I launch the game (fire red), the character can only move to the right and down. Do you know if there is something I can do to fix that? Thanks.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 23, 2021
Hello Kurapika or anyone reading this. I ran into a problem while editing a ROM. Essentially everything works fine except one thing, the Item Editor. As a tool it works perfectly fine but the main issue is some TM descriptions got corrupted and are now ranging from 1000 to 1800 characters long and even when i delete them they come back. This happened after i edited one Pokémon's typing. Weirdly enough it only happened to about 29 TMs but it still is a huge issue to me as it causes lag whenever switching into that one TM. The moves themselves have normal descriptions when learned by a Pokemon. I'd appreciate if any solution would be provided to me.
SISna96

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 29, 2023
I've encountered an issue using this and the PGE tools. I'm not entirely sure why but it seems that all characters (numbers, letters, etc) in the moves list and the Pokemon names list have been corrupted somehow. Using a clean ROM file they're all rendered blank, or as a bunch of ???. Essentially makes me completely unable to use these tools.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
I've encountered an issue using this and the PGE tools. I'm not entirely sure why but it seems that all characters (numbers, letters, etc) in the moves list and the Pokemon names list have been corrupted somehow. Using a clean ROM file they're all rendered blank, or as a bunch of ???. Essentially makes me completely unable to use these tools.

Is your rom normal or is it expanded?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I heard that the EVs byte does not actually mean that Trainers give EVs to their Pokémon. Did the creator of the trainer editor mean "IVs" or "AI"?
unknown.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 29, 2023
I figured out what the issue was, my locale was set to US but my non-unicode stuff was set to Japanese.

ssd1334

ssd1334
Years
AJHVk7s.png

If you are looking for the Android version of G3T, check this thread instead.

This is a project to make a collection of a few tools for Gen 3 Hackers.
So far, I made these tools:
  • Moves Editor
    Spoiler:
  • Anti-Exploud
    Spoiler:
  • Trainers Editor
    Spoiler:
  • Pokémon Editor
    Spoiler:
  • Items Editor
    Spoiler:

I've the intention to make all sort of possible tools, especially ones that were not made previously or that are already made but lack some additional features. But I can't do all that instantly, whenever I have the time and the mood to add more stuff I will.

Also, you're advised to make a backup before opening a rom. I am not responsible if my tool(s) corrupt your rom. (I added a backup option as of Version 2.0, it is enabled by default)

CREDITS
Spoiler:

I'm open to all suggestions.
Enjoy,

DOWNLOAD (G3T v2.9.1)

I found a bug. I added 2 moves into the game, but the animations for the moves i added overwritten the animation for 2 status effects.

Years
  • Seen today
@ssd1334

No need to quote a whole main post, that cluthers the thread.

Either way, what exactly did you do? Since I'm not aware that Gen3Tools can expand the amount of moves in a ROM?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I loaded Wobbuffet's moveset and it appeared to be corrupted; its learnset was incredibly out of wack, and despite my best efforts I can't change Wobbuffet's number of level-up moves or its final level-up move, which is stuck as unlocking Scratch at level 66. Is there something I need to do? The only other moveset I edited was that of Wynaut, and even then it was that way when I initially started using this tool. What do you suggest I do? Should I set the memory location to a large empty portion of the ROM? If it helps, I'm using BPRE (Fire Red English) 1.1, and before using this hacking tool I edited some maps with AdvanceMap, at which time I expanded the ROM.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Never mind, turns out using PGE just corrupted everything. I suppose I'll have to start from the beginning with my hack then.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
What probably happened was that PGE applied Jambo's move hack which g3t doesn't support

Turns out that wasn't the case, as when I unzip my backup ROM of vanilla Fire Red and open it in G3T immediately the corruption is still there. Perhaps I simply downloaded a corrupted ROM and need to get my ROM somewhere else.

The exact sequence of events that happens is as follows:

- I open the Pokémon editor, and it says that move tables, evolutions and... move tables again? Could not be found. I don't know where those would be found in the ROM so I can't do anything to change the values, so I simply click No, loading the editor as normal.
- I set the Pokémon to Wobbuffet, and it says evolution data could not be loaded. If the tool is set to save it asks if I want to turn off saving, in which case I click no. If I have saving it says '484' is not a valid value for 'index,' and in either case there is no error report.
- The moves displayed that Wobbuffet can learn are as follows, in this exact order:
Spoiler:

Changing these moves seems to have very negative effects.

Clearing a move:
Spoiler:

Changing the moves learned:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back