• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: G3T - Gen 3 Tools

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2019
    I think I found the problem. It appears I can't create new pokemons like I did, using the "???????" spaces, or the room will crash. But i've seen rooms with that method...

Years
  • Oeps guess I rushed to a conclusion myself XD
    sorry for that

good to know, then ill likely do more with g3t then anything before
    already felt your system being one of the most stable ones, but with gamer2020 even stopping his support on pge (as he thinks everyone should go to pokeemerald (even trough it is only for emerald hacking unless you know how to decompile FR and take the time to completely remake FR from scratch (which i wont be doing)) and g3hs being pretty much dead
    yours just bcame the king XD

if you ever get to continue on the pc version, you could take a look at PGE for missing features to add XD
    Well, yeah G3T is pretty stable despite the few flaws and some bad coding habits I used to have back in the time.
    You can use all 3 tools complementarily.

I think I found the problem. It appears I can't create new pokemons like I did, using the "???????" spaces, or the room will crash. But i've seen rooms with that method...
    Okay?! strange.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2019
    How do i use the app? I opened all folders in the app but i didnt saw any single file

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Hmm, I seem to have run into a bit of an issue where it crashes upon opening. The corresponding error reads:

"Error reading 'Table.ini' file.

Length cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: length"

I'm only recently getting back into the swing of things with rom hacking after like 2-3 years, but as far as I can remember, I never edited that file for as long as I've been using it. Could it a Windows 8 issue?

EDIT: Fixed it. Some of the characters in the ini were replaced with Japanese characters, presumably due to me swapping between English and JP locales for visual novel purposes. Comparing and replacing said characters with what is supposed to be there did the trick.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2021
    Hey! Just wanted to say first that I love your tool, I've been rom hacking for a long time but stopped for a couple years recently, I'm just now getting into it again. So the editor is telling me that it is missing things in the .ini file, such as move data. How do I fix this? The offset editor is telling me the values are invalid, I just don't know what to replace them with.

Hope you can help, thanks~

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hmm, I seem to have run into a bit of an issue where it crashes upon opening. The corresponding error reads:

Parameter name: length"

I'm only recently getting back into the swing of things with rom hacking after like 2-3 years, but as far as I can remember, I never edited that file for as long as I've been using it. Could it a Windows 8 issue?

EDIT: Fixed it. Some of the characters in the ini were replaced with Japanese characters, presumably due to me swapping between English and JP locales for visual novel purposes. Comparing and replacing said characters with what is supposed to be there did the trick.

I was getting the same error as them

If you don't know what to replace the characters with change your System Locale back to your actual Locale via

Control Panel<Clock and Region<Region<Administrative<Change System Locale

and you can either leave your Locale like that, or take a screenshot and switch it back and then compare and replace the characters

Akiak

dreamin'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2024
    For some reason when I open a rom in G3T and use the trainer editor, every Pokemon with custom movesets is missing the first move in their moveset?

For example Brock's Geodude only has Defense Curl, Onix is missing Tackle, etc.

If I open it in HTE this doesn't happen.

Anyone else had this?

Years
  • For some reason when I open a rom in G3T and use the trainer editor, every Pokemon with custom movesets is missing the first move in their moveset?

For example Brock's Geodude only has Defense Curl, Onix is missing Tackle, etc.

If I open it in HTE this doesn't happen.

Anyone else had this?

That's strange... With which ROM are you having this issue? Is the missing move slot empty or completely ommitted? Can you provide a screenshot please.

Years
    • Seen today
    That's strange... With which ROM are you having this issue? Is the missing move slot empty or completely ommitted? Can you provide a screenshot please.

I have the exact same problem, so I can confirm this. Changing the moves in G3T regardlessly messes up the moves used in a battle by a pokemon. Somehow giving pokemon a held item fixes this issue.

Years
  • I have the exact same problem, so I can confirm this. Changing the moves in G3T regardlessly messes up the moves used in a battle by a pokemon. Somehow giving pokemon a held item fixes this issue.
    Thanks guys, I have taken note of this!

Does anyone know how to make G3T read ability names more than 12 Characters?
    No, that's currently impossible.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2021
    I'm quite interested in Gen3Tools, the only problem is that I use a French ROM, and it doesn't work.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2023
    Someone know the Attack Animation pointers for Leaf Green? Is this a need put in move animation table, correct?
    Plz

Back