• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokemon Presents video to stream 13:00 UTC on the 17th

Pokémon Presents video to stream at 13:00 UTC on June 17th

Pokémon Presents video to stream at 13:00 UTC on June 17th

The video is slated to reveal some more details about the DLC, and other info.

pkmin3033

Seriously though, "other things" makes me think they'll announce another game, even if it's just one of those infuriating sub-30 second spoilers or something. My appetite for Gen IV remakes has completely disappeared given how utterly rubbish SnS are and how little I trust Game Freak to do a proper job with them, but I suppose when thinking about next games it's in the realm of possibilities.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Okay, but what about Pokemon Sleep? I hope they announce something about that finally.

Anyway, I expect Isle of Armor release time (since that's tomorrow finally) and maybe Pokemon Sleep stuff. But, not DPPt remakes. Can't see that happening.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Okay, but what about Pokemon Sleep? I hope they announce something about that finally.

I'm expecting some stuff about that as well. They've gone dark about this for over a year now and it's gotten to the point where it feels like it's been completely forgotten.
    But, not DPPt remakes. Can't see that happening.

Agreed. Especially with the current outlook of the DLC, I'm not expecting a major announcement like this.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    DPP remakes ARE NOT HAPPENING. Can the entire pokemon community as a whole just stop lol.

To be fair, people said the same thing about RSE when that was the "Make a remake" fad. Anything is possible realistically. Are a portion of the player base tired of hearing the same thing over and over? Yes, but the people that want it want it and won't stop asking until we get it.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • To be fair, people said the same thing about RSE when that was the "Make a remake" fad. Anything is possible realistically. Are a portion of the player base tired of hearing the same thing over and over? Yes, but the people that want it want it and won't stop asking until we get it.

You know who you're dealing with right? Gf? You fully comprehend how they make games yes? Lol.

I understand it appears to be "next in line", but we had about 12 games with Kanto in it total over about 25 years and there's still only one other legitimate Remake. HGSS I don't care for much since they were always literally half Kanto anyways.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Tbh, the Diamond and Pearl remakes will happen eventually but after how disappointed I was with ORAS and the recent SwSh being unfinished and unpolished games, I'm worried about the quality of the remakes. Not to mention DPP aged well graphically.

I do think the announcement with have to include Pokémon Sleep though. It's long overdue.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • Tbh, the Diamond and Pearl remakes will happen eventually but after how disappointed I was with ORAS and the recent SwSh being unfinished and unpolished games, I'm worried about the quality of the remakes. Not to mention DPP aged well graphically.

I do think the announcement with have to include Pokémon Sleep though. It's long overdue.

I entirely get that but having never played 3 originally, ORAS was my first look at all things Hoenn. It brought new Megas plus the poke-radar/nav whatever it is is a great feature. AND super training? No doubt 3 of my favorite features right there. How many lasted though? 1, kind of.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    What comes, comes. Only someone whom is an employee of Nintendo, TPC, or GF can say that something will happen or won't happen. Look at the last PMD announcement. Every time we had a direct people were making fun of the people wanting a new PMD game. Without any warning we got the remakes. People are going to demand that DPPt be remade until it happens just as they did with RSE. Once DPPt remakes happen, BW will be the in demand remake. The cycle will continue forward until Pokemon is long dead.

Do I personally think it's possible? No. I think it's too early for a DPPt remake announcement. I wouldn't expect one until this winter at the earliest, but I also did not expect them to announce a PMD game when they did either. Nor did I expect SwSh to get DLC and add older Pokemon back into the games. I thought going forward we'd just keep getting new games that had zero connectivity to the others within the same generation due to the transfer limitations that SwSh had. Things can happen even when we aren't expecting them.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I would be surprised at an announcement on DPPt remakes tomorrow. They're only releasing part 1 of the DLC tomorrow; taking focus away from that and the 2nd part later this year with a new main series game announcement would be odd to me. More likely if we're getting more than just Expansion Pass news that we'll get spinoff stuff (Sleep?), or maybe porting of older games to the Switch.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • I would be surprised at an announcement on DPPt remakes tomorrow. They're only releasing part 1 of the DLC tomorrow; taking focus away from that and the 2nd part later this year with a new main series game announcement would be odd to me. More likely if we're getting more than just Expansion Pass news that we'll get spinoff stuff (Sleep?), or maybe porting of older games to the Switch.

I mean yeah...this'll essentially just be "news" and results and coverage of the DLC information and all of that....good chance of nothing more either lol.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    If they announce DPPT remakes I will cry tears of joy. I'm not anticipating such a huge announcement this soon, however.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Wow that was... wild. They announced some out there stuff this time around.

Glad Diamond and Pearl remakes didn't get announced for now.

Also no Pokemon Sleep....again. Yet, they announce a new app as soon as it's unveiled. Rip, Pokemon Sleep.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    wasn't really interested in anything that was shown in the stream, but I do have to wonder what's going to be in the presentation next week and why they couldn't have made it a part of this one

Back