• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Naillevaihcam

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
  • IMPORTANT
    Version 1.3 crashes when you attempt to heal at the Pokemon Center. Be sure to use the updated version!

What is this?
    It's Machiavellian backwards. It's also the 1st place winner of Anthroyd's 2nd Make A Great Map contest! MAGM is a contest where the contestants have 30 days to make a good map. Not a single literal map, but a single conceptual map, so I wasn't cheating when I made interiors and such. The theme for this contest was the "Machiavellian Mountains" a vague nonsensical concept that's completely up to everyone's individual interpretation. So this is what I came up with. A sort of atmospheric puzzle-y almost-horror, the game isn't scary, but unnerving. It's a short but complete game, taking place in a single location: Naillevaihcam. After the contest ended, I did not expand or improve this game nor do I plan to. This is the full experience. I only fixed a few oversights and cleaned some things under the hood. Other than that, what you see here is everything I accomplished in 30 days. I'm proud of what I made in such short time, so this will remain a testament to that. So here is the IPS patch for FireRed 1.0

Story
    Naillevaihcam is a mysterious realm of mysterious origin with mysterious people. No one has a name, not everyone can understand each other, and even people's perception of the place can be inconsistent from one another. You are no exception. Reality seems to warp around you, and there's someone in particular who seems to take interest in you. There's a lot to uncover. Will you find the answers? That will depend on what you question.

Features
    - A few later gen Pokémon and moves
    - Physical/Special Split
    - Fairy Type
    - Improved Exp. Share and Lucky Eggs
    - Some custom music
    - Lots of puzzles
    - Traverse between parallel realms
    - No Pokédex, Badges, Money, Shops, Map, Potions, Help or Escape!

Screenshots
    yKby5gC.png
    deCoLTP.png
    3hrc29u.png
    RK9J1va.png
    uqqP1kp.png
    LCc0pMG.png
    meV52nN.png
    CMG1kiY.png
    D3OsVkS.png
    YpFsVgt.png
    Xm3Hicl.png
    HGk5mFV.png
    kdPqLAa.png
    QYihYrl.png
    sK6Z6Jk.png

Credits
    Patches and ASM Routines:
    Skip Intro Tutorials - Sierraffinity
    All Instrument Patch - Alisa180, BlankPoints
    Dynamic Overworld Palettes - Navenatox
    MrDollSteak's Rombase - MrDollSteak
    Tall and Ash Grass - knizz
    Check/Count Pokemon - esperance
    Face Trainers - Jambo51
    Exp. Share - Delta231, Samu, BluRose, Lunos

Graphics:
    Snow Tileset - Fanking Omega, Splash
    Boot Screen Tutorial - Zeikku

Music:
    L'Oscurita Dell'Ignoto - ArvenMix
    Sylph's Mountain - Riulyn

Tools:
    Advance Map - LU-HO
    Animation Editor - LU-HO
    Advance Text - Scizz
    XSE - HackMew
    HxD - Mael Horz
    Pokemon Game Editor - Gamer2020
    Gen 3 Tools - Kurapika
    Tile Molester Alternate - SnowBro
    Unnamed Trainer Editor - Jambo51
    unLZ - loadingNOW, HackMew
    Free Space Finder - HackMew
    Sappy - Kyoufu Kawa
    Nameless Sprite Editor - Link12552
    Notepad++ - Notepad++team
    OverWorld Manager - Kimonas
    MSPaint - Microsoft Windows
    IrfanView - Irfan Skijan
    VisualBoyAdvance - Forgotten, VBA team
    GBA Intro Manager - Sierraffinity
    Advanced Palette Editor - HackMew
    LunarIPS - FuSoYa, Defender of Relm
    Photoshop - Adobe

Misc Assistence:
    Lunos
    Dark Zeta
    petuuuhhh
    Joexv
    FBI
    twixstixx
    Tarma
    BreadCrumbs
    Zeturic
    Squeetz
    AkameTheBulbasaur
    Darthatron
    DavidJCobb
    pheonixbound
    Sierraffiniity
    TrainerX493
    Skeli

Special Thanks:
    Anthroyd
    Skeli
    Everyone at PokeCommunity

Attachments

• Naillevaihcam 1.5.ips
      3.3 MB · Views: 336
    Last edited:

Anthroyd

Professor
    Years
  • Congratulations on finishing this! Making a short story instead of a full-blown region hack can make a world of difference when it comes to being able to complete projects. Really glad your entry won this year, you definitely deserve it. I highly recommend playing this hack if you've got a few spare hours.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • Congratulations on finishing this! Making a short story instead of a full-blown region hack can make a world of difference when it comes to being able to complete projects. Really glad your entry won this year, you definitely deserve it. I highly recommend playing this hack if you've got a few spare hours.

Thank you so much! Its thanks to you that I was able to do this.

Wow! So ia this still a demo? I think ill play it!
    Nope, this is the full version. Its short, but its complete.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • How many hours of play time if you don't mind me asking? This seems a really good one to play, a unique experience.

About 2 - 3 hours, depending on how quicky you're able to train your Pokemon. The final boss is admittedly lacking in balance somewhat so it may require a bit of grinding if you haven't already found the Exp. Share and Lucky Eggs.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Oh wow! Glad to see a small surge in shorter based hacks being a thing. Going to try this as soon as I am done with my current playthrough. Thank you for sharing this with the community.

LOKITADISA

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    It's a short but complete game, taking place in a single location: Naillevaihcam. After the contest ended, I did not expand or improve this game nor do I plan to. This is the full experience. I only fixed a few oversights and cleaned some things under the hood. Other than that, what you see here is everything I accomplished in 30 days. I'm proud of what I made in such short time, so this will remain a testament to that. So here is the IPS patch for FireRed 1.0

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Naillevaihcam_01.png
    Well, I finished it. Sad to say, I don't understand the story. Probably because I'm too darn sleepy during the last half of the game.
    edit: By this, I meant I played the game pretty late already so I was getting a tad sleepy as I progressed through the game. I did not mean it was boring. Well, perhaps the grinding part was boring cuz sudden level curve, but what can you do?

One thing that ruined the 'creepy' vibe though was the battle music of wilds and trainers, and their victory songs. Would have been better if you changed those to fit the atmosphere of the game.

Anyway, it was a pretty interesting game. The puzzles were pretty well thought out, so props to that.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • Naillevaihcam_01.png
    Well, I finished it. Sad to say, I don't understand the story. Probably because I'm too darn sleepy during the last half of the game.

One thing that ruined the 'creepy' vibe though was the battle music of wilds and trainers, and their victory songs. Would have been better if you changed those to fit the atmosphere of the game.

Anyway, it was a pretty interesting game. The puzzles were pretty well thought out, so props to that.

Thanks for your feedback! Yeah, I wish I had the time to replace more music, but I feel I got most the important parts.

As for the story, its very vague on purpose. I can try to explain more of what's going on, but a lot of it open ended.
    Spoiler:

PkmnFan193

I'm enjoying this hack so far, but I end up going in circles. Is there a map?

Years
  • I finished the hack today and I have to say I enjoyed it a lot, especially the puzzles and the realms switching. However, I spent around 1,5 hours trying to painstakingly level up Absol, trying to get some XP using Perish Song and praying to RNG gods to live long enough for it to actually do the thing, only to realise I have 100 Master Balls in the bag lol. The ending was kind of weird, I expected some sort of story end or something which would explain how I got trapped in what I was trapped.
    Very well done, it would be interesting to play a full region hack with this concept.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • I finished the hack today and I have to say I enjoyed it a lot, especially the puzzles and the realms switching. However, I spent around 1,5 hours trying to painstakingly level up Absol, trying to get some XP using Perish Song and praying to RNG gods to live long enough for it to actually do the thing, only to realise I have 100 Master Balls in the bag lol. The ending was kind of weird, I expected some sort of story end or something which would explain how I got trapped in what I was trapped.
    Very well done, it would be interesting to play a full region hack with this concept.

Thanks! I did what I could to get the player's attention to their items, but it's not always the first thing you think of. Fun fact, you wouldn't actually get experience from a Perish Song draw anyway.

Oh wow! Glad to see a small surge in shorter based hacks being a thing. Going to try this as soon as I am done with my current playthrough. Thank you for sharing this with the community.
    Thank you! I also want to encourage people to try limiting their scope, especially those who are new or inexperienced.

I feel like people are eager to release betas because of that rush of excitement in getting something out there, but that kind of impatience can cause a number of issues from compatibility to limiting rewrites and prematurely solidifying design. The larger the game, the harder it is to keep track and balance everything. But small projects come with less obligation, less obstacles, and less pressure. (Barring the 30 day time limit this in particular had) So even without a push from events like competition, its still very worth trying.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Good job with this hack, I don't mind horror hacks, so I'll definitely give it a shot, once again good job and thanks for your hard work and dedication, have a great day/night

Last edited by a moderator:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • Updated the release with a fix for some Pokemon's height and weight so moves that use that should work correctly. As well as a fixing an overlooked tile error.

Years
  • Thanks! I did what I could to get the player's attention to their items, but it's not always the first thing you think of. Fun fact, you wouldn't actually get experience from a Perish Song draw anyway.

Actually you get experience from it :P I managed to level up till like level 22 or 23 before I noticed the Master balls.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • Another little update! This time I just removed the Badges text from the save screen and continue screen.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2023
    SO i need to ask where to get waterfall, its the one thing i need to try and continue with the puzzle, i found the rocksmash hm fine enough, but getting through everything only to find a big ass waterfall blocking my progress and no idea where the HM is, its quite frustrating
    *EDIT* Just found the watefall HM and am now grinding to take out the boss, has been much fun

Last edited:
    Back