• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Datamines unveil Ability Capsule for Hidden Abilities coming to Sword and Shield DLC

Datamines unveil Ability Capsule for Hidden Abilities coming to Sword and Shield DLC

Datamines unveil Ability Capsule for Hidden Abilities coming to Sword and Shield DLC

A very special kind of item that switches your Pokémon’s Ability to its Hidden Ability is arriving to Pokémon Sword and Shield.

Ranko

Aloof Unmoving Maiden
Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2023
    Touched on the new upcoming item that will finally give Pokémon Hidden Abilities without breeding! It's an Ability Capsule for Hidden Abilities!

Sirfetch’d

This is much overdue. I've put off so many HA shiny hunts in fear of hatching the wrong ability. Glad this is no longer a worry!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Oh this is certainly nice to have, and not just for shiny breeding

The question is though if I even have anything that would love this to-be-released item lol

Ranko

Aloof Unmoving Maiden
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2023
    Personally, I have a Effect Spore Oddish that needs to go back to Chlorophyll...

but it seems most people are benefiting from this!

User Anon 1848

Awesome! I've been wanting this ever since I hatched a would-be perfect shiny Greninja back in 6th gen if not for its lack of a hidden ability. As much as I love the older games, trying to breed or catch competitive Pokemon before XY came out was way too much of a hassle. With this upcoming item (that I assume will be in the base game of future entries) there's no more excuses for people to hack/gen their Pokemon. Some players will still cheat out of laziness but at least it evens the playing field for those who want to put in the time and effort to build their teams the right way. If only I didn't lose all my Pokebank mons years ago...

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    This makes me wonder how they'll be obtained and how rare they'll be. This is definitely good news for sure.

Years
  • I've seen this implemented on online fan-mmorpg's for Pokemon well before Nintendo has done so here - it's always been more-so chance based than it needed to be, this is definitely a useful addition for sure. Glad to see Nintendo is being more pragmatic about useful ideas this generation.

Impuulse

sent out Politoed!
    Years
    • They/Them
    • U.S.A
    • Seen Oct 20, 2020
    This is amazing, I think this will be extremely useful in making competitive mons. 😃

Back