• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts...

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years

10% of total revenue, really? where does the rest come from then, i wonder... i mostly say this because while some time ago the Pokémon anime was being aired here quite often, it's pretty much gone now, and that's gotta play a big role in the revenue. after all, that's how i got into Pokémon! But oh well, maybe i'm wrong and not very informed :]

pkmin3033

Most of it comes from merchandising. That's a pretty broad category though, so it's not surprising. What is kinda surprising is that the card game makes almost as much as the games do and slightly more than Yu-Gi-Oh, which a franchise about card games! xD

Years

I never understood how to play the card game and at this point I'm too afraid to try. I like the illustrations though.

pkmin3033

Honestly, it's...not very good. I learned to play when I was younger and it's extremely basic and quite tedious. That said, my teenage years were dominated by Yu-Gi-Oh - which, by the way, now COMPLETELY confuses me as it's gotten somewhat out of hand with Pendulum and Link summoning - so maybe I'm a teensy bit biased in that regard. Some of the illustrations are quite lovely, though.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years

Basically this. Never understood Pokémon tcg and was always more into Yugioh... of which i still have no cards of because no one would buy them and i knew that, if i wanted to have a good deck, i'd have to really spend a lot of money to begin with :rowlhmph:

pkmin3033

Yeah, those are huge issues with physical cards. It didn't stop me with YGO when I was younger - I was on YGO forums, and my local friends played the game too - but it did with Pokemon...that, plus the old packs didn't have guaranteed holos, and buying an expensive pack of cards (expensive for a ten year old who only got £10 a month pocket money!) and not getting something shiny was the ultimate form of despair. xD

If I ever win the lottery I am going to take up collecting again, though. I'd love to have full sets.

Years

I don't know what I'd do Pokemon related if I was rich... Probably buy lots of useless merch.

pkmin3033

Plushies are good. I would love to go to a Pokemon Center in Japan and just buy one of every Pokemon plush from Gens I and II...I think that costs about $3000. I was so sad I never got to go to the pop-up center in London last year...

Years

Hello, new person here. I hope I'm understanding this right in that you can only post in this thread to count if you also have something to contribute to whatever's being discussed at the moment?

I don't have access to any of the official Pokémon Center merch because there's no official retailer in my country. I don't understand why the US and Japan are the only ones that have Pokémon Centers as if their merch wouldn't sell like hotcakes anywhere else too. It doesn't even need to be a physical location, just opening up the online store to allow even just shipping to other countries would go a long way. Not that I'd be able to afford it even then, but it's kinda sad that almost all of the PKMN-related plushies my family owns are bootlegs LOL

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Pretty much.

Bootleg plushies can go for quite a lot if they're weird ones! I've always kinda wanted a mirage plushie and I'm sad that I shunned them when I was a kid and they were literally everywhere for reasonable prices.

Years

My favorite Pokemon plush is an unofficial Psyduck plush my partner gave me~
    Bootleg plush can be pretty hilarious looking.

pkmin3033

CandyEvie did a video a couple of weeks ago on mirage plushies and it made me want to buy some more, haha. I've not bought a new plushie since I got my Meloettas a few years ago...mostly because I don't have room. My giant Rayquaza is up in the attack because it's just so damn big. I really want one of those giant Snorlax ;-;

Years

Thanks for sharing that. I have always loved Candy Evie videos, I really appreciate the level of detail that goes into her video series for version exclusive differences. I didn't know about mirage plushies before now, but I am also intrigued. While some of them look just bad, others are epic like all new regional variants or shiny forms. The meganium one is beautiful.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I miss her card pack opening videos. She and Lockstin are the only two Poketubers I've ever watched more than one video of, because they're the only two I've found engaging enough! I didn't realise mirage plushies were referred to as such, although I've seen plenty of bootlegs in the past. Maybe when this is all over I'll go to a local car boot and see what I can find. xD

Years

I don't think I've ever seen one of these "mirage" plushies but I did see those officially licensed ones back in the day that were so ug they look bootleg. I miss Pokemania when there was Pokemon everything in stores.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024

I've got a good deal of plush...mostly Jolteons. xD I've been wanting to get some of the Ditto ones.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023

Most of my plushies are still in a moving box since there isn't anywhere I can put my plushies.

pkmin3033

Mine are scattered around my room, asides from my largest one...most are on top of my wardrobe, gathering a bit of dust. They're all very nice, but my room is just too small to have much more...at least for the moment.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023

Same for me. I want more plushies, but I don't have the room to place them or really keep them.

pkmin3033

I suppose this is the price we pay for living at home and having limited storage, haha. Although tbh I've been thinking about buying a new plush. Just a small one. Maybe a Torchic?

Back