• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Expanding Play Time

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
  • So this might not be a problem for anyone else but I wanted to make a thread for it, if you've finished a Pokémon game and want to play more of it or want to do something afterwards to expand your playtime, what's something you'd do or consider doing?

I've been occasionally shiny hunting to get more out of Sw/Sh until I'm able to purchase the DLC, but I feel like it's kind of just a timewaster for me.

Years
  • Shiny hunting is the easy answer sure. I personally would waste my hours in either the Safari Zone or the Game Corner lol (older games).

Years
  • Shiny hunting and dex completion are my main things! they're both important to me. and for swsh with dlc purchased, dynamax adventures are also super fun for post game because of the higher shiny rate. :D

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I've definitely gotta get back to shiny hunting, I keep putting it down and picking it back up again...

I personally would waste my hours in either the Safari Zone or the Game Corner lol (older games).
    I actually just recently learned how the Sinnoh game corner works after years of not understanding, and I did a quick test to see how high you can possibly go in the Johto game corner in HGSS. Maybe I should learn how Hoenn's works, because I've barely spent any time on it.~

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • shiny hunting and dex completion are my go-to's each gen, usually. in some titles, i have made new teams - even going so far as to use every pokemon in the unova dex to take on the E4 and enter them in the hall of fame. i don't recommend that tbh unless you have a LOT of free time. i was in college and depressed so lmfao i actually have blog entries on pc about it. but i digress. i guess it depends on what you enjoy doing.

Years
  • I generally do a blind playthrough, get the shiny charm, and then breed shinies and competitive mons for WiFi battles. I am at 202 hours played in shield and I think I am just now starting to get bored with it.

Edit: Also just started a nuzlocke on another profile on my Switch.

Years
  • i'd say about a large majority of my 800+ hours in swsh can be credited to shiny hunting/breeding, and this was before the first DLC was released, so there's that. :x probably still planning on getting back into it once i regain my motivation, cause i burned out pretty hard.

interestingly enough, this isn't what i typically do post-story. i usually jump into the battle content pretty much immediately until i get tired of it.

Back