• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD plugin - Z-moves, Ultra-Burst, Dynamax, Dynamax adventures [v18]

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    This two can support Z
    UD?(sorry I
    ENGLISH is not good)
    i
    yes but in battle interface you have to make extra one battle ui button like fight , run in the zud a cheer option come when you open the ui button
    same you have to do with battle interface one.

also moving pokemon sprites
    he will give you some code to change like animatedpokemonbitmap in normal version it is in a section but zud overwrites it so you have to find it in zud document bu ctrl + shift+f

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2022
    i
    yes but in battle interface you have to make extra one battle ui button like fight , run in the zud a cheer option come when you open the ui button
    same you have to do with battle interface one.

also moving pokemon sprites
    he will give you some code to change like animatedpokemonbitmap in normal version it is in a section but zud overwrites it so you have to find it in zud document bu ctrl + shift+f

I'm sorry, I don't know what you are talking about, can I trouble you to make a tutorial for me, or the submission record of github

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    when battling a Pokemon in dynamax adventure one Pokemon fainted in my Pokemon's party when my turns comes it ask use your next Pokemon when I pressed yes my fainted Pokemon restored and also hearts count not downing how can I fix this sorry my bad english

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Can you give us the WHOLE error message?
    And next time you post twice, I report you. If you forgot to put something in your post, just EDIT it.

[Pokémon Essentials version 18.1.dev] [EBDX v1.0.8]

Exception: Hangup Message: Script error within event 5 (coords 8,9),

map 2 (Lappet Town): Exception: Hangup

restart.

***Full script:

pbMaxRaid(4,5,:CHARIZARD, LUCKYEGG, 12,false, false)

Backtrace:

Interpreter:197:in pbExecuteScript'

Luts:677:in each

Luts:677:in cyize

Luts:676:in each Luts:676:in colorize'

[EBDX] Scene Backdrops:217:in setColor"

[EBOX] Scene Backdrops:379:in drawSky [EBDX] Scene Backdrops:369:in each [EBDX] Scene Backdrops:369:in drawSky'

[EBDX] Scene Backdrops: 165:in refresh'

Backtrace:

Interpreter:197:in pbExecuteScript

Luts:677:in each'

Luts:677:in colorize'

Luts:676:in each'

Luts:676:in colorize'

[EBOX] Scene Backdrops:217:in setColor" [EBDX] Scene Backdrops:379:in drawSky'

[EBDX] Scene Backdrops: 369:in each' [EBOX] Scene Backdrops: 369:in drawSky

[EBOX] Scene Backdrops: 165:in refresh'

This exception was logged in C:\users USERNAME(Saved Games Pokemon

Jerrorlog.txt. Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

OK
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/HLRCCZQm24Egm4JV8

Attachments

• ZUD plugin - Z-moves, Ultra-Burst, Dynamax, Dynamax adventures [v18]
      Screenshot_20210422-170301.png
      17.9 KB · Views: 2
    Last edited:

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    [Pokémon Essentials version 18.1.dev] [EBDX v1.0.8]

restart.

***Full script:

Backtrace:

[EBOX] Scene Backdrops:379:in drawSky [EBDX] Scene Backdrops:369:in each [EBDX] Scene Backdrops:369:in drawSky'

Backtrace:

OK

it is said that ebdx is not compatible with zud then you are using both

Years
    • Seen today
    when battling a Pokemon in dynamax adventure one Pokemon fainted in my Pokemon's party when my turns comes it ask use your next Pokemon when I pressed yes my fainted Pokemon restored and also hearts count not downing how can I fix this sorry my bad english

Your fainted Pokemon being restored is a feature, not a bug. That's how it works in the main series.
    I have no idea why your hearts aren't counting down, I haven't experienced this issue before.

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
    Years
  • [Pokémon Essentials version 18.1.dev] [EBDX v1.0.8]

restart.

***Full script:

Backtrace:

Backtrace:

OK

How many times do I need to tell you that ZUD and EBDX are not compatible? If you post another error like this I'm just going to report you.

Don't worry, I feel you... (p.s. he did that to me as well by forcing me to make a new Mystery Gift tutorial (cause of pastebin's https redirect) and well... not to insult him but... he is still annoying until now...... (seriously RanRed, you basically SPAMMED ON MY DISCORD WHICH MAKES IT 10X MORE ANNOYING THAN NEHAL'S TROLLS ON MY SERVER AND DON'T SAY IT IS BECAUSE OF KEYBOARD ISSUES BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH WAY THAT YOU CAN JUST DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS FAST UNLESS YOU ARE USING COPY AND PASTE!)

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm sorry, I don't know what you are talking about, can I trouble you to make a tutorial for me, or the submission record of github

He's saying that for the Battle Interface script, you'll need to create your own sprite icons for cursor_dynamax to fit the new UI style. You'll also need to edit cursor_command to add the Cheer command which is used during Max Raid battles (replaces Run).

For the Animated Sprites installation, instead of performing the script edits in PSystem_FileUtilities like the instructions say, you need to instead make these edits in ZUD_08_Updated_Sprites for ZUD compatibility.

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • I would like to preface this with saying all credit goes towards their original creators. at this point in time, I am working on an update to a personal script (Essentials Modular Battle Scene) that will make itself, EBDX, and ZUD all completely compatible. until that is done please be patient and leave St. Cooler and Lucidious to their own devices.

Note:[THERE IS NO DUE DATE FOR THE UPDATE SO DON'T ASK]

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2022
    He's saying that for the Battle Interface script, you'll need to create your own sprite icons for cursor_dynamax to fit the new UI style. You'll also need to edit cursor_command to add the Cheer command which is used during Max Raid battles (replaces Run).

For the Animated Sprites installation, instead of performing the script edits in PSystem_FileUtilities like the instructions say, you need to instead make these edits in ZUD_08_Updated_Sprites for ZUD compatibility.

Thank you

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Your fainted Pokemon being restored is a feature, not a bug. That's how it works in the main series.
    I have no idea why your hearts aren't counting down, I haven't experienced this issue before.

Ok the problem is not hearts when I start battle in dynamax adventure my Pokemon not listening my orders.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I would like to preface this with saying all credit goes towards their original creators. at this point in time, I am working on an update to a personal script (Essentials Modular Battle Scene) that will make itself, EBDX, and ZUD all completely compatible. until that is done please be patient and leave St. Cooler and Lucidious to their own devices.

Note:[THERE IS NO DUE DATE FOR THE UPDATE SO DON'T ASK]

This is good news!

Years
    • Seen today
    Can it is possible endless mod. In dynamax adventure and random lair maps.
    I forgot about Endless Mode. I have a few ideas that might make it work, but it'll require a whole new update to restructure the entire code to accommodate it. So i'm in no rush to do that. I'll probably look more into that after the v19 update.

As for random lair maps, that honestly just sounds way harder to implement than its worth.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I forgot about Endless Mode. I have a few ideas that might make it work, but it'll require a whole new update to restructure the entire code to accommodate it. So i'm in no rush to do that. I'll probably look more into that after the v19 update.

As for random lair maps, that honestly just sounds way harder to implement than its worth.

Hey Lucidious89 I just want to ask a personal question hope you don't mind , everyone or you can say most of the people have an ecpectation from ZUD plugin for ex someone wants red cloud over dynamaxed pokemon , etc etc . But I would like to ask your expectation from ZUD plugin , I mean what do you like to add in ZUD plugin, is that just v19 or ebdx compatibility update or something else that you are thinking about ?
    Sorry if I asked anything wrong , hope you will not mind it.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey Lucidious89 I just want to ask a personal question hope you don't mind , everyone or you can say most of the people have an ecpectation from ZUD plugin for ex someone wants red cloud over dynamaxed pokemon , etc etc . But I would like to ask your expectation from ZUD plugin , I mean what do you like to add in ZUD plugin, is that just v19 or ebdx compatibility update or something else that you are thinking about ?
    Sorry if I asked anything wrong , hope you will not mind it.
    Interesting question. Nobody's asked me what I want to add before lol.

Back when I first adapted this plugin from Fauno's original Dynamax tutorial, my main goal was to simplify the installation process for people, since his tutorial was complicated and had many script errors. So all I really wanted to do was spruce up what he already had, and make it more accessible. Over time, this project became more and more ambitious, with the addition of Max Raids, and then later combining it with Z-Moves with the help of StCooler. Now we have Dynamax Adventures as well. The scope of what this plugin encompasses continues to expand.

As for the future of the ZUD Plugin and where I would like to take it, I have a variety of ideas. Some are extremely ambitious and will probably never happen, and others are small things that I would love to get to, but are simply too insignificant to put a lot of time into. Others are just technical things to make the plugin easier to use. Below is a list of all of the ideas I have, although please keep in mind that these are just -ideas- and not actual items on the agenda. Most of these will probably never be worked on.

Compatibility Updates
    • Compatibility with Essentials v19.
    • Compatibility with EBDX (assuming it's updated to work with v19).
    • Compatibility with Cable Club (I haven't looked at this script yet, but it sounds cool).

Graphical Updates
    • Unique common animation for triggering Z-Moves.
    • Unique common animation for triggering Ultra Burst.
    • Unique common animation when Dynamax ends.
    • Unique move animations for all Z-Moves.
    • Unique move animations for all Max Moves and G-Max Moves.
    • Sprites for Dynamax Pokeball to be used when sending out a Dynamax Pokemon.
    • Animated sprites for red clouds over Dynamax Pokemon's heads.
    • Create a more cinematic intro to Max Raid battles, rather than just the black screen + text that is used now.
    • Find a better way to display enlarged Pokemon sprites so battles don't look so cramped and ugly (I don't think there's a good way to do this tbh).

Audio Updates
    • Unique sound effects for toggling the Z-Move/Dynamax buttons, like in the main series.
    • Add the actual Dynamax cries for each species, instead of just altering their base cries.

Mechanical Updates
    • Implement Totem forms to Pokemon that come in larger sizes, like in USUM.
    • Add some kind of generalized way of implementing Z-Move status effects to custom status moves people have added to their game, so that they don't simply do nothing when used as Z-Moves.
    • Add G-Max sprites to the Sprite Position Editor, rather than making you manually edit them in the PBS through trial & error.
    • Add metrics data for generic Dynamax (non-G-Max) sprite positions, since many Pokemon move positions after Dynamaxing.
    • Add AI partner trainers to Max Raid Battles (I'll probably never do this one tbh).
    • Make it so that OHKO moves remove 2 bars of the opponent's raid shield, like in the main series.
    • Restrict the player from using their full party in Max Raid battles, like in the main series.
    • Allow the Cheer command to be used during a fainted Pokemon's turn, like in the main series.
    • Skip the "Would you like to change Pokemon?" prompt during Max Raid battles, and just automatically send out the Pokemon instead.
    • Allow you to scroll through Pokemon info pages in the Max Raid Database with the arrow keys, instead of having to exit a page first to view another.
    • Add Endless Mode to Dynamax Adventures.
    • Add new types of map tiles to Dynamax Adventures, such as locked doors that require keys, or NPC's that offer you Z-Crystals. Fun things like that.

Installation Updates
    • Redo how the installation process is done so that all ZUD scripts can simply be installed by compiling the game, like how EBDX does it. Rather than having to individually copy/paste the code for each script manually.
    • Create a stand-alone Pokemon PBS file to add Habitat data for each species, rather than having to provide the full Pokemon PBS file just for this one minor thing (and risk erasing people's custom changes).

Besides all of these things, I suppose it's up to Game Freak what may or may not get added. Each new battle mechanic that has been added to the series is now represented in Essentials thanks to what's already been added in the base kit (Megas, Primals), and ZUD (Z-Moves, Ultra Burst, Dynamax). If a brand new battle gimmick is added in Gen 9 that Maruno has no interest in adding into Essentials himself, then it's possible this plugin may expand once again to encompass that mechanic as well. But it really depends on what that mechanic is, and how possible it is to pull off.

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Interesting question. Nobody's asked me what I want to add before lol.

Back when I first adapted this plugin from Fauno's original Dynamax tutorial, my main goal was to simplify the installation process for people, since his tutorial was complicated and had many script errors. So all I really wanted to do was spruce up what he already had, and make it more accessible. Over time, this project became more and more ambitious, with the addition of Max Raids, and then later combining it with Z-Moves with the help of StCooler. Now we have Dynamax Adventures as well. The scope of what this plugin encompasses continues to expand.

As for the future of the ZUD Plugin and where I would like to take it, I have a variety of ideas. Some are extremely ambitious and will probably never happen, and others are small things that I would love to get to, but are simply too insignificant to put a lot of time into. Others are just technical things to make the plugin easier to use. Below is a list of all of the ideas I have, although please keep in mind that these are just -ideas- and not actual items on the agenda. Most of these will probably never be worked on.

Compatibility Updates
    • Compatibility with Essentials v19.
    • Compatibility with EBDX (assuming it's updated to work with v19).
    • Compatibility with Cable Club (I haven't looked at this script yet, but it sounds cool).

Graphical Updates
    • Unique common animation for triggering Z-Moves.
    • Unique common animation for triggering Ultra Burst.
    • Unique common animation when Dynamax ends.
    • Unique move animations for all Z-Moves.
    • Unique move animations for all Max Moves and G-Max Moves.
    • Sprites for Dynamax Pokeball to be used when sending out a Dynamax Pokemon.
    • Animated sprites for red clouds over Dynamax Pokemon's heads.
    • Create a more cinematic intro to Max Raid battles, rather than just the black screen + text that is used now.
    • Find a better way to display enlarged Pokemon sprites so battles don't look so cramped and ugly (I don't think there's a good way to do this tbh).

Audio Updates
    • Unique sound effects for toggling the Z-Move/Dynamax buttons, like in the main series.
    • Add the actual Dynamax cries for each species, instead of just altering their base cries.

Mechanical Updates
    • Implement Totem forms to Pokemon that come in larger sizes, like in USUM.
    • Add some kind of generalized way of implementing Z-Move status effects to custom status moves people have added to their game, so that they don't simply do nothing when used as Z-Moves.
    • Add G-Max sprites to the Sprite Position Editor, rather than making you manually edit them in the PBS through trial & error.
    • Add metrics data for generic Dynamax (non-G-Max) sprite positions, since many Pokemon move positions after Dynamaxing.
    • Add AI partner trainers to Max Raid Battles (I'll probably never do this one tbh).
    • Make it so that OHKO moves remove 2 bars of the opponent's raid shield, like in the main series.
    • Restrict the player from using their full party in Max Raid battles, like in the main series.
    • Allow the Cheer command to be used during a fainted Pokemon's turn, like in the main series.
    • Skip the "Would you like to change Pokemon?" prompt during Max Raid battles, and just automatically send out the Pokemon instead.
    • Allow you to scroll through Pokemon info pages in the Max Raid Database with the arrow keys, instead of having to exit a page first to view another.
    • Add Endless Mode to Dynamax Adventures.
    • Add new types of map tiles to Dynamax Adventures, such as locked doors that require keys, or NPC's that offer you Z-Crystals. Fun things like that.

Installation Updates
    • Redo how the installation process is done so that all ZUD scripts can simply be installed by compiling the game, like how EBDX does it. Rather than having to individually copy/paste the code for each script manually.
    • Create a stand-alone Pokemon PBS file to add Habitat data for each species, rather than having to provide the full Pokemon PBS file just for this one minor thing (and risk erasing people's custom changes).

Besides all of these things, I suppose it's up to Game Freak what may or may not get added. Each new battle mechanic that has been added to the series is now represented in Essentials thanks to what's already been added in the base kit (Megas, Primals), and ZUD (Z-Moves, Ultra Burst, Dynamax). If a brand new battle gimmick is added in Gen 9 that Maruno has no interest in adding into Essentials himself, then it's possible this plugin may expand once again to encompass that mechanic as well. But it really depends on what that mechanic is, and how possible it is to pull off.

good luck . So excited for all the things you gonna make. i will definitely help you if i was a coder.Thanks

Last edited:
    Back