• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Future Game Show 2022: recap of the games announced

Years
  • I think that tonight event, the Future Game Show 2022 announced a good list of new indie games for many platforms. I thought it could be an idea to recap the main titles announced, giving particular importance to the ones that will be released on the Nintendo Switch, since I guess it's what could interest the most the people who read the articles.
    This doesn't mean all the other games for other platforms won't be in the article, but simply they would get less space.
    I would structure it this way:

- Talking about the Future Game Show event in general
    - Focus on the games arriving for the Switch (I think they might be a lot, so maybe I'd sort them according to the level of importance)
    - Mention all the other games (all of them could be too much, so maybe the most important ones)*, especially clarifying when they will come out and on which platforms

*about this, it could be an idea to maybe link to an external article that mentions them all.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I like the general idea!
    - Focus on the games arriving for the Switch (I think they might be a lot, so maybe I'd sort them according to the level of importance)
    How will you determine which are more important than the others?

How long do you think you will spend summarising each game? There could be a lot, even if you save the non-Switch ones to a reference to an external article.

Years
  • Well, I would say the most important ones are those who got more attention and interest by people, the ones that are discussed more on the web maybe, but I agree it could be too early for that now.
    I think the Switch games announced are around 10 or maybe a little more. Maybe, extremely synthesizing the content to just give a general idea about the game could work.

Thinking about that, I would say the article wouldn't be a "real summary" of all the games announced, but rather a recap of the games announced (more details about the ones coming for the Switch). The point would be to let the readers know that those games will come out and make them interested about them, starting from basic info. Then they would look for trailers or other information, outside of the article.

I would be up to give a proper presentation to all the games as well, but it would definitely make the article really long (even if it was only about the Switch games).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Well, I would say the most important ones are those who got more attention and interest by people, the ones that are discussed more on the web maybe, but I agree it could be too early for that now.
    I think the Switch games announced are around 10 or maybe a little more. Maybe, extremely synthesizing the content to just give a general idea about the game could work.

Thinking about that, I would say the article wouldn't be a "real summary" of all the games announced, but rather a recap of the games announced (more details about the ones coming for the Switch). The point would be to let the readers know that those games will come out and make them interested about them, starting from basic info. Then they would look for trailers or other information, outside of the article.

I would be up to give a proper presentation to all the games as well, but it would definitely make the article really long (even if it was only about the Switch games).
    Okay, that sounds reasonable. Unless you really want to, don't feel obliged to talk about every game in depth - article can be as long or as short as it needs to be, as long as you have a firm idea of that length.

+1 from me.

Years
  • i'll +1 as well but i am honestly quite curious to know which games would be deemed more popular than others

Years
  • Thanks for approving! Unfortunately, it turns out I'll be busier than expected, so in the next few days I won't manage to write the article. If I have time, I might try to at least write the first part. If everything goes according to the plans, I should be free during the last part of the week.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Thanks for approving! Unfortunately, it turns out I'll be busier than expected, so in the next few days I won't manage to write the article. If I have time, I might try to at least write the first part. If everything goes according to the plans, I should be free during the last part of the week.
    No worries! Take your time with writing, there is no rush.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Cool, passing onto the rest of the Daily team.

One quick comment from myself: game, movie, etc. titles in italics please, to be consistent with other articles.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Some more feedback from me:
    One of the major events of this month was indeed the Future Games Show
    Can remove 'indeed' imo.
    Which one of these new titles would you like to play?
    Make this sentence its own paragraph (i.e. spaced out from the rest).

I also think that given you mention a lot of games in quick sentences, it would help if there are some visuals. However, an image every two sentences (game mention) may be a bit expansive... I'm not opposed to that, but another option is, after the paragraph beginning with ''Brewmaster: Beer Brewing Simulator", to insert an image gallery made up of an image for each title mentioned in that paragraph. I suggest the image gallery options of not thumbnail for Size (Large or Full depending on the images), and Type of Slideshow. You can also have a caption for each image to mention the game title they are from.

I don't think that's needed for the games not already confirmed for Switch, and if you need help setting it up, let me know.

Years
  • Some more feedback from me:Can remove 'indeed' imo.
    Make this sentence its own paragraph (i.e. spaced out from the rest).

I made the changes.

I also think that given you mention a lot of games in quick sentences, it would help if there are some visuals. However, an image every two sentences (game mention) may be a bit expansive... I'm not opposed to that, but another option is, after the paragraph beginning with ''Brewmaster: Beer Brewing Simulator", to insert an image gallery made up of an image for each title mentioned in that paragraph. I suggest the image gallery options of not thumbnail for Size (Large or Full depending on the images), and Type of Slideshow. You can also have a caption for each image to mention the game title they are from.

About this, I thought that inserting an image after each paragraph could be too much. So, maybe, it could be an idea to remove the image I used after the first paragraph and add the gallery of images that you mentioned after the second paragraph.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • About this, I thought that inserting an image after each paragraph could be too much. So, maybe, it could be an idea to remove the image I used after the first paragraph and add the gallery of images that you mentioned after the second paragraph.
    Sure, that could be done.

Years

• Hi hi, second lot of edits from me. I'll be running from the top of the article downwards.

There's a story mode, but also a creative mode to experiment new recipes
    I think the word 'experiment' sits a bit jaunty here. I would rather replace it with something like 'try out' or if you want to keep it, maybe insert something such as "There's a story mode, but also a creative mode to experiment on and put together new recipes."

group of people who has the job
    This needs to change to "who have the job" due to the plural.

Is there anything more that can be added about Palworld? I feel this is the highlight of the article and the last sentence seems to end rather abruptly, like you're about to start writing more about it and it stops. Otherwise, I'd maybe pad out the sentence to something such as "It tries to put together the classical exploration mechanics present throughout the Pokémon series and combine them with elements typicall found in shooter games (if possible, can we determine if it's first person or third person and specify that?).

Years
  • I think the word 'experiment' sits a bit jaunty here. I would rather replace it with something like 'try out' or if you want to keep it, maybe insert something such as "There's a story mode, but also a creative mode to experiment on and put together new recipes."

I opted for "trying out". I feel like it fits better.

This needs to change to "who have the job" due to the plural.

I corrected this too, even if I am quite confused because I thought that "group" was the subject.

Is there anything more that can be added about Palworld? I feel this is the highlight of the article and the last sentence seems to end rather abruptly, like you're about to start writing more about it and it stops. Otherwise, I'd maybe pad out the sentence to something such as "It tries to put together the classical exploration mechanics present throughout the Pokémon series and combine them with elements typicall found in shooter games (if possible, can we determine if it's first person or third person and specify that?).

About this, it wasn't really the highlight of the article, but more like letting readers know that there's a particularly interesting game (because the readers are supposed to be pokemon fans) among the ones announced for PC. I didn't feel like getting too much into it because that wasn't the point of the article and because I haven't done that with the other games as well. However, if you think it's better adding more things about Palworld, I am up to it!
    For now, I corrected the last sentence and specified "third person" shooter games. I also noticed that I used a wrong link with Palworld. My idea was to link directly to the trailer or to another article that discusses more the game. So, I changed that as well, but let me now if I should change it again.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I corrected this too, even if I am quite confused because I thought that "group" was the subject.
    'have' is correct IMO.
    About this, it wasn't really the highlight of the article, but more like letting readers know that there's a particularly interesting game (because the readers are supposed to be pokemon fans) among the ones announced for PC. I didn't feel like getting too much into it because that wasn't the point of the article and because I haven't done that with the other games as well. However, if you think it's better adding more things about Palworld, I am up to it!
    Both are valid, imo. Up to you.
    For now, I corrected the last sentence and specified "third person" shooter games. I also noticed that I used a wrong link with Palworld. My idea was to link directly to the trailer or to another article that discusses more the game. So, I changed that as well, but let me now if I should change it again.
    Looks fine to me!

If you want to leave the Palworld description as-is, you can publish; else, extend it a bit as per Arcaneum's suggestion first and then publish.

Years
  • Ok, in the end I decided to leave the article just the way it is, because I felt like getting deeper into Palworld would have made it the main focus of the article, while it wasn't really my intention. As I said before, the idea was to make a recap of the main games announced and I thought about mentioning Palworld because it has a big affinity with pokemon and i didn't want to give it more importance than the rest of the games mentioned before that. Surely, it gets the attention and that's why I used a link, so that people would have a direct and fast way to get more information about the game. This is not to disparage Arcaneum's advice, but I feel that the way the article is right now is what I had in mind since I started planning it.

Other than that, after publishing, is there any section I should link the article to? Maybe the video games section?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Ok, in the end I decided to leave the article just the way it is, because I felt like getting deeper into Palworld would have made it the main focus of the article, while it wasn't really my intention. As I said before, the idea was to make a recap of the main games announced and I thought about mentioning Palworld because it has a big affinity with pokemon and i didn't want to give it more importance than the rest of the games mentioned before that. Surely, it gets the attention and that's why I used a link, so that people would have a direct and fast way to get more information about the game. This is not to disparage Arcaneum's advice, but I feel that the way the article is right now is what I had in mind since I started planning it.

Other than that, after publishing, is there any section I should link the article to? Maybe the video games section?
    Yes, VG is the right fit for the comment thread.

Back