• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED]

Years
    • Online now
    Minor Update (v1.1.9)

• Fixed a bug that would prevent the use of the "Shift" command during battles where you have three battlers on your side.
    • Fixed a visual bug where a Pokemon's move window would display over the black bar during trainer dialogue in a Deluxe Battle.
    • Refactored the entire code relating to the Fight Menu in battle; making it far easier to read and edit, and more modular.
    • Added several new plugin Settings that are used to assign a value to each battle mechanic that can be triggered through the Fight Menu.
    • All Message Types introduced by my other plugins have now been moved to this plugin instead, for tidiness.
    • Added new optional data properties for GameData::Item called PortionName and PortionNamePlural in preparation of the Improved Item Text plugin.
    • Changed any item text displays utilized by the plugin to now display portion name text wherever appropriate.
    • Added new optional data property for GameData::Item called HeldDescription to set up an alternative description for items. This may be used to display a second, completely different line of description text of an item if they have an effect that differs for some reason when viewed in other menus outside of the bag screen. (Z-Crystals, for example)
    • Changed any item text displays utilized by the plugin to now display held description text wherever appropriate.
    • The :setstyle key used in the "rules" hash of a Deluxe Battle has been renamed to :setmode so that it isn't confused with Battle Styles.
    • The :size key used in the "rules" hash of a Deluxe Battle now accepts strings to allow you to set up uneven battle sizes, such as "3v1" or "2v3", or any existing combination you'd like. It still also accepts a number as it did before to set the battle size generally.
    • The :status key used in a midbattle hash now accepts :Random as a valid entry, to randomly select a status effect to apply, out of all main status effects. Alternatively, you may now input an array of statuses to randomize a status out of the specific ones you've entered in the array.
    • The :item and :ability keys used in a midbattle hash now accept an array to randomly give a battler an item/ability out of the specific ones you've entered in the array.
    • The :stats key used in a midbattle hash now accepts :Random in place of a stat ID when setting up an array of stats to change. This will randomly select a stat to change by the number of inputted stages. This will never select a stat that already appears in your stat array.
    • The :useitem key used in a midbattle hash will now properly allow a trainer to use ANY item in battle that has an in-battle effect, not just in-battle items such as X Attack. This means you can force a trainer to use things such as Potions, Ethers, a flute item, or even Poke Balls (though only the player can be forced to use these).
    • The :usespecial key used in a midbattle hash is now compatible with the Focus Meter plugin, and will now accept :Focus as a value to force a trainer to use their Pokemon's built up Focus, or to manipulate the level of their Focus Meter.

Please refer to the tutorial for more information about changes to specific mechanics.

Note: When updating, please make a copy of any custom work you've added to Midbattle_Config. Updating the plugin will overwrite any of your additions.

Years
    • Online now
    If you just reinstalled the v1.1.9 update prior to this post, please reinstall the plugin again. The last update was uploaded with an overlooked error in one of the scripts.

Years
    • Seen today
    So I'm using the Terastallize plugin as well:
    https://reliccastle.com/resources/987/
    When I have a Pkmn in battle that doesn't Mega, use a Z Move, or Tera; I get this error if I press Z:
    [Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
    [Essentials Deluxe] Fight Menu.rb:271:in `block in pbFightMenu'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Fight Menu.rb:370:in `block in pbFightMenu'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Fight Menu.rb:325:in `loop'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Fight Menu.rb:325:in `pbFightMenu'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Fight Menu.rb:228:in `pbFightMenu'
    155:Battle_CommandPhase:227:in `block (2 levels) in pbCommandPhaseLoop'
    155:Battle_CommandPhase:213:in `loop'
    155:Battle_CommandPhase:213:in `block in pbCommandPhaseLoop'
    155:Battle_CommandPhase:198:in `loop'
    155:Battle_CommandPhase:198:in `pbCommandPhaseLoop'

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I'm getting the following error when I try and start a battle, and it's confusing me because if I'm reading the message right the error is in the part I just copied from the example and substituted out.

Script error in event 6 (coords 10,9), map 116 (town 2)
    Exception: SyntaxError
    Message: (eval): 1: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting end-of-input
    ...rt([:RIVAL_Sammy, "Sammy", 1]), {
    ... ^

***Full script:
    TrainerBattle.dx_start([:RIVAL_Sammy, "Sammy", 1]), {
    :BGM => "Energetic Indy Rock"
    :environ => : Sand
    :nomoney => True
    })

Last edited:
    Years
    • Online now
    I'm getting the following error when I try and start a battle, and it's confusing me because if I'm reading the message right the error is in the part I just copied from the example and substituted out.

Script error in event 6 (coords 10,9), map 116 (town 2)
    Exception: SyntaxError
    Message: (eval): 1: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting end-of-input
    ...rt([:RIVAL_Sammy, "Sammy", 1]), {
    ... ^

***Full script:
    TrainerBattle.dx_start([:RIVAL_Sammy, "Sammy", 1]), {
    :BGM => "Energetic Indy Rock"
    :environ => : Sand
    :nomoney => True
    })

You're closing your parenthesis after the trainer array.

Years
    • Online now
    Major Update (v1.2)

General
    • Fixed several errors related to undefined methods.
    • Fixed a bug that would cause an error when Ultra Burst is available in battle when using the ZUD Plugin.
    • Fixed an issue where fainted Pokemon will still have their databoxes displayed during cinematic battle text displays.
    • Cinematic battle speech can now be used on the player's side too, and will display the player or ally as the speaker. Trainer sprites won't slide in for these speakers, however.
    • When setting speech or text as an array to be triggered mid-battle, you may now have sound effects and animations play during that speech by including the :SE, :Cry or :Anim symbols in the array to set a sound effect, battler cry, or animation during a cinematic speech event, respectively. It also accepts move ID's to play the animation of a specific move as well.
    • Added DEMO_CAPTURE_TUTORIAL to Midbattle_Config which may be used as an example to set up a scripted battle that may serve as a basic capture tutorial.
    • Added DEMO_VS_SADA_PHASE_1 and DEMO_VS_SADA_PHASE_2 to Midbattle_Config which may be used as an example to replicate both phases of battle versus AI Sada from Pokemon Scarlet.

Deluxe Battle Rules
    • Added the following settings to be used in the "Rules" hash for a Deluxe Battle:
      • :victory - Allows you to set certain music to play as the victory jingle for this battle (or no jingle to play).
      • :player - Allows you to temporarily change the name and/or outfit of the player character for this battle only.
      • :party - Allows you to set a temporary party to be used by the player for this battle only.
      • :setcapture - Allows you to set all Poke Balls thrown in a wild battle to always be 100% or 0% successful.
      • :autobattle - Allows you to set the AI to control the player's choices in this battle.

Midbattle Triggers
    • Added the following midbattle triggers:
      • "move" - Triggers when a battler uses ANY move during the attack phase.
      • "physicalMove" - Triggers when a battler uses a physical move during the attack phase.
      • "specialMove" - Triggers when a battler uses a special move during the attack phase.
      • "statusInflicted" - Triggers when a battler is inflicted with a status condition.
      • "battleStyle" - Triggers when a battler initiates EITHER battle style (PLA Battle Styles).
    • Renamed the following midbattle triggers so that they are more clear about when they trigger, or are more consistent with other triggers:
      • "attack" renamed to "damageMove"
      • "status" renamed to "statusMove"
      • "damage" renamed to "damageTaken"
      • "halfhp" renamed to "halfHP"
      • "halfhp_final" renamed to "halfHPLast"
      • "lowhp" renamed to "lowHP"
      • "lowhp_final" renamed to "lowHPLast"
    • You may now add a type ID at the end of any "move" trigger to specifically trigger when a move of that particular type is used. For example, "moveFIRE", "statusMoveWATER", "physicalMoveFAIRY", etc.
    • With the "move" trigger specifically, you may add a particular move ID at the end to only trigger when that specific move is used. For example, "moveBODYSLAM" will only ever trigger when the move Body Slam is used.

Midbattle Keys
    • The :ability key used in a midbattle hash now accepts :Reset as a value to reset the battler's ability back to whatever its natural ability is.
    • Added the following keys to be used in a midbattle hash:
      • :blankspeech - May be used to display normal text with cinematic black bars without being tied to a specific speaker.
      • :usemove - May be used to control which specific move a battler will use this turn.
      • :lockspecial - May be used to toggle the availability of battle mechanics such as Mega Evolution mid-battle.

Please refer to the tutorial for more information about changes to specific mechanics.

Note: When updating, please make a copy of any custom work you've added to Midbattle_Config. Updating the plugin will overwrite any of your additions.

VIDEO EXAMPLE
    Here's a video showcasing DEMO_VS_SADA_PHASE_1 and DEMO_VS_SADA_PHASE_2 added in this update. This is just an example to show what can be accomplished with this update (particularly phase 2).

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
    Years
  • Is it possible to color mid-battle text? I've been trying to but it doesn't seem to register either "\c[x]" or "\\c[x]" and I can't think of anything else. :/
    For context:
    Spoiler:

I can deal with it if it just doesn't support it, but I figured it'd be a good idea to ask, just in case.

(...Also, how do I update the plugin from 1.1.9 to 1.2? I tried and it keeps crashing... The one consistent thing is that it crashes when I have the Focus system installed, so is it just not compatible with the new version of EDX yet? If so... that is unfortunate, but I can probably make 1.1.9 work if need be)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Online now
    Is it possible to color mid-battle text? I've been trying to but it doesn't seem to register either "\c[x]" or "\\c[x]" and I can't think of anything else. :/
    For context:
    Spoiler:

I can deal with it if it just doesn't support it, but I figured it'd be a good idea to ask, just in case.

(...Also, how do I update the plugin from 1.1.9 to 1.2? I tried and it keeps crashing... The one consistent thing is that it crashes when I have the Focus system installed, so is it just not compatible with the new version of EDX yet? If so... that is unfortunate, but I can probably make 1.1.9 work if need be)

Crashing how? What's the error, when does it trigger, etc, etc.

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
    Years
  • It doesn't give an error at all. At least, not as a pop-up. It starts loading the plugins and as soon as it gets to EDX (or FMS?) it instantly closes. Some sort of error (I think) pops up in the console that shows up with the playtest in red text, but it closes way too quickly for me to read it at all (About one frame is all I get to look at it). Idk, it's just bizarre.
    I don't know if that helps at all, I'm sorry if it isn't helpful, but that's genuinely all I have. I can try to screenshot that single frame, tho it might take a while to get it. .-.

Years
    • Online now
    It doesn't give an error at all. At least, not as a pop-up. It starts loading the plugins and as soon as it gets to EDX (or FMS?) it instantly closes. Some sort of error (I think) pops up in the console that shows up with the playtest in red text, but it closes way too quickly for me to read it at all (About one frame is all I get to look at it). Idk, it's just bizarre.
    I don't know if that helps at all, I'm sorry if it isn't helpful, but that's genuinely all I have. I can try to screenshot that single frame, tho it might take a while to get it. .-.

You're probably just hitting a key while the message comes up that instantly closes it. Just don't press anything when it comes up.
    If it's red text, then it's most likely that you have another plugin installed that relies on Essentials Deluxe that is out of date.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Annoyingly incompatible with randomised trainer teams. Still, adds enough that if I have to choose one I'm choosing it.

Years
    • Online now
    https://reliccastle.com/resources/906/

Here, pretty sure the problem is on its end because its the one that breaks.

Yeah, I took a quick glance through the script, and the author could avoid a lot of compatibility issues (not just with my plugins, but any others that modify Trainer data) if they simply used aliases instead of re-writing entire chunks of code. They also seem to re-write lines of code that have no reason to be re-written, which is just asking for more compatibility problems. There's a lot of simple things that could be modified in that script to make it friendlier with other plugins.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Text color changes after mid battle dialogue finishes, is there any way to prevent that from happening?

Years
    • Online now
    Yes, I am using a white font instead of black, but it reverts to black after playing the speech

The text is set to whatever LIGHT_TEXT_MAIN_COLOR is set to in MessageConfig when displaying dialogue (black bars), and then when the bars fade, it reverts to whatever your default text color would normally be for your windowskin using getDefaultTextColors. You must have set up your text weirdly if it doesn't recognize your text color as the default.

Back