• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED]

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2023
    Idk if someone has mentioned this, but the quiz master battle doesn't work correctly in my case, because the moment I defeat 1 pokemon, I keep earning points until 4 points, and the quiz master says every sentence until the 4 points one. Why? I didn't change anything
    Edit: yeah, the bug seems to be about the "fainted_foe_repeat" => {:setvar => 1,}", part, because it keeps adding points and points when i defeat a pokemon. it doesn't happen when i attack a pokemon but don't kill it, the questions work perfect, it's only when you defeat a pokemon :S. I also tried changing "fainted_foe_repeat" to something like "switchsentout_foe_repeat" but it's still broken, it keeps counting points when it shouldn't.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Idk if someone has mentioned this, but the quiz master battle doesn't work correctly in my case, because the moment I defeat 1 pokemon, I keep earning points until 4 points, and the quiz master says every sentence until the 4 points one. Why? I didn't change anything
    Edit: yeah, the bug seems to be about the "fainted_foe_repeat" => {:setvar => 1,}", part, because it keeps adding points and points when i defeat a pokemon. it doesn't happen when i attack a pokemon but don't kill it, the questions work perfect, it's only when you defeat a pokemon :S. I also tried changing "fainted_foe_repeat" to something like "switchsentout_foe_repeat" but it's still broken, it keeps counting points when it shouldn't.

*shrug*

Maybe I broke one of the triggers in one of the updates that followed after introducing the Quiz Master. Because it 100% definitely worked upon release. I've got a video demo to prove it. In any case, I'll keep this in mind whenever I get around to the v21.1 adaptation for this plugin.

Years
    • Seen today
    On one side I am of course happy to see you finalized the v21 update to this plugin! However, I am also quite sad you decided to remove the really nice write up on the functionality of this version of the plugin entirely, as I used to come back to this thread as a really nice guide to properly script my battles in my v20.1 project. Is there any way to re-access this guide until I decide to migrate my project to v21?

Years
    • Seen today
    On one side I am of course happy to see you finalized the v21 update to this plugin! However, I am also quite sad you decided to remove the really nice write up on the functionality of this version of the plugin entirely, as I used to come back to this thread as a really nice guide to properly script my battles in my v20.1 project. Is there any way to re-access this guide until I decide to migrate my project to v21?
    I actually didnt mean to delete it lol. I was gonna leave the guide, but when PokeCommunity last updated to its new format, apparently they implemented a new character limit on posts, and the guide already exceeded that size limit. So when I tried to edit the post to add the notification of the new plugin, it prevented me from saving it due to the new post limit. So i removed chunks to see how much I would need to delete in order to get the post under the limit, but then I accidentally hit save 🙃

So at that point I said screw it and removed the whole thing, because I wasnt about to rerwite half of a guide for a plugin I no longer support. So it's gone now. I was eventually gonna delete it at some point anyway, but not this soon. But too late now, I suppose.

Years
    • Seen today
    That's unfortunate - I also experienced those rather annoying size limits :( too bad - guess I will go to the script files for the Deluxe Battle / Midbattle tools to read up possible values for certain keys and values then, luckily I am rather experienced with your awesome tool by now 🙃 looking forward to testing the new version some day - I took a glimpse and seems like there is quite a lot of cool new stuff for the Midbattle Scripts!

Years
  • Do you by chance have the old guide saved anywhere? If not, how applicable is the v21 guide to this version? I'm still expecting to work on my game for another 8 months and I've made too many customizations to the code to consider upgrading to v21.
    There is an entire script provided in this version filled with examples, so worst case, I can reference that instead. But it would be nice to still have a guide, as well.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This guide: http://web.archive.org/web/20230513143526/https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=478494 ?

Back