• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED]

Years
    • Seen today
    Essentials Deluxe for v20.1

NOTICE:
    This plugin is now deprecated, and no longer supported. Use the Deluxe Battle Kit for Essentials v21.1 if possible, which is the successor to this plugin. I will leave the download link and installation instructions for this version below for the time being. I may remove these at a later date, however.​

-DOWNLOAD LINK-

Installation
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    Hello I try to use the battle with the rotom but it does not work...
    Here is the bug:
    bug_2.PNG

Also I use v20.1 Hotfixes most recent version, and Generation 8 Pack Scripts most recent version

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hello I try to use the battle with the rotom but it does not work...
    Here is the bug:
    bug_2.PNG

Also I use v20.1 Hotfixes most recent version, and Generation 8 Pack Scripts most recent version

Ah, I see. The latest version of the Gen 8 Pack randomly renamed a few things. The one I was working with was out of date. Ill update that right now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    All done. It'll work now.

I just tested all the pre-built battles, and the only bug I found is this:
    (I added the bug in a screenshot)
    Spoiler:

If I ever find more bug I will let you know!
    Also this plugin is awesome and I think this is exactly what pokémon essential was missing

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Do you recommend making a backup before installing this?

That's generally good practice with everything, but there's no real need. If the plugin isn't for you, you can simply delete it and refresh your plugins. You will have to start a new game again though after doing so, however. The Pokedex additions are the only permanent changes this plugin adds to your save data, so it requires you to start a new game whenever you add or remove the plugin.

Years
    • Seen today
    I sent the wrong bug...
    This one is the right one
    bug_3.PNG

Yeah, I see. Weather/terrain was bugged because I forgot to add a battler argument. It's fixed now. I've also updated the meta.txt file so that it checks for the latest version of the Gen 8 Pack, to avoid that outdated error from before.

Years
    • Seen today
    A new plugin, Enhanced UI was just released. This new plugin relies on Essentials Deluxe to function, so check that out if you want to utilize the compatibility functions of Essentials Deluxe.

The Enhanced UI plugin makes a variety of small UI additions, such as displaying IV Ratings and Egg Groups in the Summary/Storage screens, adding unique ball graphics to the Party screen, and implements the shiny leaf mechanic introduced in HGSS.

Years
  • Hello!
    At first. Very great plugin. It's a beautiful addition.

But I'm running in a error message when I use this plugin with "Visible Overworld Wild Encounters" and it only occurs when the script tries to spawn them on the map.

The error:
    Code:
    [Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.2]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
    [Essentials Deluxe] Species Files.rb:77:in `check_graphic_file'
    [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:689:in `ow_sprite_filename'
    [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:588:in `spawnPokeEvent'
    [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:475:in `pbPlaceEncounter'
    [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:379:in `pbSpawnOnStepTaken'
    [Max Spawn - Visible Overworld Wild Encounters Add On] 004_add_on_max_spawn.rb:30:in `pbSpawnOnStepTaken'
    [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:342:in `pbOnStepTaken'
    047:Game_Player:544:in `update_event_triggering'
    047:Game_Player:439:in `update'
    032:Scene_Map:161:in `block in update'

Is there something i need to change or to add in "Species Files.rb" ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hello!
    At first. Very great plugin. It's a beautiful addition.

But I'm running in a error message when I use this plugin with "Visible Overworld Wild Encounters" and it only occurs when the script tries to spawn them on the map.

The error:
    Code:
    [Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.2]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
    [Essentials Deluxe] Species Files.rb:77:in `check_graphic_file'
    [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:689:in `ow_sprite_filename'
    [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:588:in `spawnPokeEvent'
    [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:475:in `pbPlaceEncounter'
    [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:379:in `pbSpawnOnStepTaken'
    [Max Spawn - Visible Overworld Wild Encounters Add On] 004_add_on_max_spawn.rb:30:in `pbSpawnOnStepTaken'
    [Visible Overworld Wild Encounters] 001_visible overworld wild encounters script.rb:342:in `pbOnStepTaken'
    047:Game_Player:544:in `update_event_triggering'
    047:Game_Player:439:in `update'
    032:Scene_Map:161:in `block in update'

Is there something i need to change or to add in "Species Files.rb" ?

Ive never used that plugin. I assume it edits code that fetches Pokemon sprites, which would certainly break things because this plugin edits all of the code related to that. I guess ill have to look into it.

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.0.1)
    Essentials Deluxe has received its first minor update. New code has been added to ensure that this plugin is now compatible with plugins that deal with overworld sprites, particularly Following Pokemon EX and Visible Overworld Encounters. Overworld sprites will now be recognized by this plugin and no longer cause conflicts. I've even set up compatibility for a future plugin ideas that relate to overworld sprites. The meta.txt file for this plugin has also been updated to ensure that these two plugins may no longer accidentally overwrite this compatibility.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.0.2)
    Whoops, sorry about the back-to-back updates, but I didn't expect to be able to release ZUD so early. This plugin needed some minor tweaks in preparation for its release.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Is it possible to just throw a script in an end of turn proc? I have a double battle and I want to boost the other opponent every turn if one of them is fainted. And I also want them to alternatively throw an item to one of my pokémons alternatively every turn (actually trying to transfer something I made for MBD to Essentials deluxe). Also how can I have something proc 2 turns after opponent gets mid life?

Years
    • Seen today
    Is it possible to just throw a script in an end of turn proc? I have a double battle and I want to boost the other opponent every turn if one of them is fainted. And I also want them to alternatively throw an item to one of my pokémons alternatively every turn (actually trying to transfer something I made for MBD to Essentials deluxe). Also how can I have something proc 2 turns after opponent gets mid life?

Hmm I dont think you can really do those sorts of highly specified things. This is more a one for one sort of thing. One specific thing is triggered => one set of specific things immediately happen. It isn't anywhere near as robust as MBD. SOME of what youre describing could maybe be possible, but it would require adding new triggers, because there currently isnt anything like "trigger if partner is out of Pokemon" or "trigger at the start/end of every other turn", or "trigger with a delay after X happens", although those wouldn't be hard to include in an update.

You cant just throw in a script as a proc, like with MBD. Mostly because i dont know how to code that. I started trying to do that, but it was taking too much time i could have spent on updating ZUD instead, so i settled on this double hash system until i can go back and figure it out and update it later. This wasnt really ever meant to replace MBD anyway, since I suspect GolisopodUser will eventually release an update. This was more something I threw in sort of last minute, tbh, as a nice little appetizer to hold people over while they wait for a dedicated plugin for such a thing.

Essential Deluxe's primary purpose will always be to provide compatibility for my other plugins. The battle stuff is secondary, in my eyes. But I will definitely be expanding and updating on this as time goes on.

Back