• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War 5 - Pie (+1) vs Cake (-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years

I've seen American Pie. Didn't like it, but I usually don't like those over the top comedy movies.

also are you sure you wanna put forth rhyming pie with die as a good thing =P

Last edited:
    Years

Ngl, I didn't click on the video. I saw American Pie and that dumb movie came to mind.
    I dislike that movie to the point where I refused to click on the video xD

The song's sounds okay to me, but it's just not really my thing. The voice of the singer sounds nice though.

Years

I tried Apple Pie several times and I neither like nor dislike it; it's just there for me.
    A nice Cherry Pie is much better imo

Last edited:
    Years

While it is more common to serve cake at your wedding, it is possible to make a wedding pie. Because there are lovely pies for this occasion, but they are rarer to see, that makes them all the more endearing to me, because not everybody has one.

Years

Just looks like a stack of individual pies to me tbh.
    Wedding cakes are probably individual segments too, but at least they look connected as a whole.

Years

Yup, that's exactly what wedding cakes are too, cakes of different sizes stacked on top of each other. It's just that they often put a lot of extra frosting on the exterior, so that might make it less noticeable. If you look at a cake that is not using much you can see how it works, like this one that is just putting a little whipped cream between the layers.

I personally think that both the wedding cake and pie look tasty. Til cakes having little to no frosting is a style called a "naked cake". Nothing wrong with simplicity in my book.

Also not all wedding cakes even have tiers to connect. It's just a matter of preference.

Last edited:
    Years

I bought me some pound cake at the baker today 🤤
    The ones from the supermarket tend to be a bit dry, but the baker's pound cake is just 🤤
    Haven't had one in a while... no special occasion, but for pound cake there need not be one =3

I've only been to one wedding and I was still young so I don't remember what kind of cake they had... I think it had two layers? I don't remember lol

Last edited:
    Years

For me it depends on the type of cake. It also depends on type of pie, but while the cake has to always rise or fall completely on it's own, with pie it's a collaboration between the filling and the crust. Ideally both parts of the pie knock it out of the part, but if one underperforms then the other could still save the day, i.e filling that's too jelly-like not enough fruit, but substantial, crispy and flavorful, yummy crust will still make the pie worth finishing, or the other way around, not enough crust or it's bland or has a doughy texture but the filling is perfect, never runny, tastes fresh and well-balanced with succulent, big pieces of fruit, then you're still in okay territory.

With cake you have only one chance to get it right as I see it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back