• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War 5 - Pie (+1) vs Cake (-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

One look at the drawings of that 'scientific research' already had me close that link xD

82. There's an Italian sweet bread dessert that is like cake.
    Spoiler:

What's the yellow stuff in that Italian sweetbread? honey?

Anyone familiar with the 'roze koek' (pink cake) ?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years

A slice of pie is often served warm, something that really adds to the nice, toasty and dreamy feeling of eating comfort food. There are certain cakes that you eat that way, like chocolate lava cake, with it's hot gooey, good center, but warm cake is more of an exception than the norm. Still voting for pie for that extra bit of soothing. Imagine pie fresh out of the oven, on a chilly autumn day, as you snuggle by the fireplace under a plush fleece. That's bliss.

Years

Ive been prepping cake so far. However I would absolutely demolish a good pie right now. Something warm and fruity like that would be ideal!

Years

Anyone familiar with the 'roze koek' (pink cake) ?
    Spoiler:

Back on the 'roze koek'.
    Personally I don't eat these that much. I don't recall ever seeing them at a baker... but I also tend to have something in mind when I go to the baker and don't really look around much anymore... =P
    I'm gonna need to look around next time I'm at one of the bakeries to see if they sell them. I'm actually curious how one not from the supermarket would taste.
    Simply because the ones from the supermarket get stale really fast and they come in packages of either 4 or 6 usually.

Last edited:
    Years

I had an anxiety dream last night, and it was about cake, believe it or not! There was a cake contest, and I was trying to make one with figurines on top, but it kept going wrong, decorations falling down, and I was running out of time.

I'm voting for pie because it was not a nerve-wracking pie contest, but a cake-making one.

Sounds good! did you bake it yourself?
    Yessirree!

Years

You're not supposed to switch back and forth between sides over and over though. I mean, just read the opening post =P

I had an anxiety dream last night, and it was about cake, believe it or not! There was a cake contest, and I was trying to make one with figurines on top, but it kept going wrong, decorations falling down, and I was running out of time.

I'm voting for pie because it was not a nerve-wracking pie contest, but a cake-making one.

Clearly your dream was showing you what you really want, and it turned out that way because you deny yourself it =D

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    If my stomach wants cake, I vote cake. If it wants pie, I vote pie. It's a simple system!
    Please stick with one choice. Otherwise it makes keeping track of the count needlessly hard. :(

Years

Having baked both cakes and pies, my experience is that pie is more vegan-friendly than cake if you don't want to consume animal products for animal welfare reasons or environmental-conscientiousness, or maybe you have allergens like lactose sensitivity, or simply want to cut back on your intake because of the cholesterol or the fat content etc. Cakes often have milk in them to help them not be dry, butter is more likely to be in cake also to get it to rise, and eggs are always in them on default to maintain the cake's structure. It's easier to bypass that stuff with pie.

You can make cake without those ingredients too, I have done it, but you have to alter the recipes more just to trigger the baking reaction you need.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back