• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looks VS Personality...which is most important?

Which matters most in a BF/GF?

• Looks.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Personality. (type of person they are, ect.)

Votes: 13 92.9%

• Total voters

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
  • tmbjr said:
    looks by far...

think of it like this: we've all heard the phrase "Come for the ___, but stay for the ___." To relate to this topic, I would fill in the blanks with "looks" and "personality", respectively. it is the physical beauty of a person that attracts you to her/him, then you want to take the time to get to know thwm a bit, then you decide whether or not you truly like them...

completely true... i was going to say that until i saw that you said it already...

and that is why i can make more friends online ^_^, where looks cannot be part of the mathematical formula

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
    Years
  • It's human nature to lust after the 'beautiful' people...but it's dangerous to form a relationship based solely on physical attraction. I believe that personality is extremely important, but it's also nice to have someone you find attractive. I mean, I'm not sure what sort of relationship you could have, even if the person was friendly, brilliant and humourous, if looking at them made you want to throw up. But then again, love is blind. Heh.

I don't really get people with their, "Personality is all you need" becuase then you might as well go for people the same gender as you with a great personality.

Must...resist...urge to maim...rising...

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Lol Keleri... hee hee. Watch out though, this place is full of homophobes.

Anyway...

Personality, but looks are important too. I'm not saying you should strive for the hottest person ever, but someone who looks like a scuzzy rag is hard to find appealing, even if they have a good personality.

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
    Years
  • Dizzy said:
    Your right ... Looks Is the Thing that Attracts People the most.

No. not right, at least not for everyone.

my boyfreind i have known since we were 4 years old. we used to not get along but as time passed we bacemae freinds. now he is more than that. the point is, i never cared for his looks. okay, so he's cute...but thats not why i originally liked him, its because i knew him for the person he is, sweet, kind, caring, loyal, and a million other great qualities! never looks. so no, what dizzy said is not right...not for everyone.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • To me, it is somewhat looks, because that is what gets you attracted to the person, but on the other hand, if they have a good personality, you can easily get around on how the person looks until looks don't matter anymore.

Sturm

Kurokoneko
    Years
  • Soph said:
    No. not right, at least not for everyone.

my boyfreind i have known since we were 4 years old. we used to not get along but as time passed we bacemae freinds. now he is more than that. the point is, i never cared for his looks. okay, so he's cute...but thats not why i originally liked him, its because i knew him for the person he is, sweet, kind, caring, loyal, and a million other great qualities! never looks. so no, what dizzy said is not right...not for everyone.
    I agree with you Soph...I think Personality is more important...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • so heartily agree tmbjr...

the world and society is 2D. What they see first is what they will always see. 96.5% of the time the first perception of a man will also be the last perception for the man. You appear to them dressed in rags, and you'll be an "ugly burden" for society forever. Dress up in the best fashion sense possible, and you'll be a well respected leader in society

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't think I have any sort of fashion sense. o.o;; *shrugs*

I don't really care about looks. I don't understand people who say, "omg! Look at that guy. He's so hot". They hand around pictures and everyone says, "You're right!" except me. I... don't see it. o_O; I've gotten several crushes in my life and NONE of the guys were what you would call "hot". Sure, they weren't ugly, but I suppose they aren't the greatest looking guys in the world. But I still liked them. Why? Because they were fun to talk to. I don't know why people would like others on a looks basis. x_X; I'd rather go out with someone who I can really relate to - not someone who makes all the girls squeal. -_-;; Same goes for guys, I suppose. But I can't make that sort of assumption. o_O I'd rather someone like me for who I AM, not how I look.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • it is true that all people have different likes and dislikes as far as physical attractiveness...it has been proven psychologically

it is even true among males. I have been known to become infatuated with girls that some of my friends find not-so-hot, and vice versa...

PokeTrainerCarol

I think most people would answer personality just because that's the answer that is like, the "best" but probably what most people don't feel...IMO, though it is important and personality is what keeps you attached to the person ^^

I'll have to be sincere ^^
    I wouldn't date someone bad looking, but if he were handsome but extremely stupid I wouldn't like him...:P yet I don't want to date someone ugly...so both I guess? *nod nod* looks is what makes you want to talk to the person and personality what makes you want to keep talking with that person...

^_^

Years
  • PokeTrainerCarol said:
    I think most people would answer personality just because that's the answer that is like, the "best" but probably what most people don't feel...IMO, though it is important and personality is what keeps you attached to the person ^^

I'll have to be sincere ^^
    I wouldn't date someone bad looking, but if he were handsome but extremely stupid I wouldn't like him...:P yet I don't want to date someone ugly...so both I guess? *nod nod* looks is what makes you want to talk to the person and personality what makes you want to keep talking with that person...

^_^
    So it's double or nothing, eh? I agree with you on that too.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I HATE it when people go for people just cus their looks.. >.<;; It's so unfair! So many guys in my state are sleepin' with gurlz just cus they..

1. Got big bossoms..
    2. Got big-@$$es..
    3. Are wild..
    3. Boyz in my town are pimps.. Well, not all of 'em..

Yes.. I prefer personality best than looks. ^^;;

*gets killed by gurls*

~CaRtOON

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Lightning said:
    I don't think I have any sort of fashion sense. o.o;; *shrugs*

I don't really care about looks. I don't understand people who say, "omg! Look at that guy. He's so hot". They hand around pictures and everyone says, "You're right!" except me. I... don't see it. o_O; I've gotten several crushes in my life and NONE of the guys were what you would call "hot". Sure, they weren't ugly, but I suppose they aren't the greatest looking guys in the world. But I still liked them. Why? Because they were fun to talk to. I don't know why people would like others on a looks basis. x_X; I'd rather go out with someone who I can really relate to - not someone who makes all the girls squeal. -_-;; Same goes for guys, I suppose. But I can't make that sort of assumption. o_O I'd rather someone like me for who I AM, not how I look.
    I forgot to add this to my last post.. Anyways, you're right, Lightning, I do dig Orlando Bloom for his looks, but I don't mean I want a hot dumb guy or something like that. We all get crushes especially on hot people. But I'm sure they would honestly appreciate to know their personality.

I luv Eminem cus he's kinda hot, he raps great, and has a great personality. He seems gruff on the exterior, but deep inside him he's a sensitive man who cares for his fans and family so much, he even donates to homeless children! That is so sweet of him, btw he's a Libra, ~.^ Libra's are sweet and forgiving.

*dies because of seeing Eminem pic*

~CaRtOON

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Try to edit your posts in the future, okay? People will notice you edited it, and you could add a bolded sentence to do so. ^_^;

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Personality. But I won't want a boyfriend that whenever I look at him, I shudder. Just OK-looking. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    CaRtOON said:
    ...I do dig Orlando Bloom for his looks...
    *spits out water and gasps* You like Orlando Bloom too!? O_O My gosh, and I'm a Libra. >_> That's another thing we have in common...

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I think personality is best in looking for a person, and ultimately, a mate.But I'll be honest, looks are important too.Mainly because, the outer appearance is what attracts you to them, and from there you can get to know them better.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Hard question but I finally figured it out, I think.

Personality. I don't need someone that's going to torment me to death.

Not looking all that attractive is understanable but looks can't be ignored either.

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
    Years
  • a lot of people posting here said that looks is what generally sparks the original attraction but here is something to think about: what about internet love? i have heard of people fall in love over the internet and this means they fall in lov with a person they have never see, heard or met. sure someone can send a photo but mmost play it safe online and dont show their photoi unless they trust the person. so if some one can fall in love with another person over the internet then where does that put looks? no where, cos more often than not looks are the last thing takne into account when it comes to loving some one online. anyone want to offer their opinion on that? its a new way to look at it.

Back